• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
I just read now that i have to edit the dex numbers in the ini files if i want to use the expansion files. However i already inserted some files before reading the warning. To avoid bugs, can i change the numbers in PGE or do i have to restart my rom?

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
I just read now that i have to edit the dex numbers in the ini files if i want to use the expansion files. However i already inserted some files before reading the warning. To avoid bugs, can i change the numbers in PGE or do i have to restart my rom?

No, you can just go to Pokédex Order Editor.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
I found the issue. It's the roms.ini to be replaced in the PGE ini's folder. The ammount of evolutions it was to be 32, Leon accidentally nerfed to 16 without using a new offset. To proof i use an outdated roms.ini of a previous version of the Leon's base and works fine to me. ( U MUST USE THE ROMS.INI OUTDATED IF U HAVE ON THE NEW PATCH ROM, REPLACE WITH ROMS.INI IN YOUR PGE INI'S FOLDER TO OPEN THE ROM AND EXPAND POKEMON DATA)
In the previous roms.ini the ammount of evolutions is 8, not bad, Eevee is supported.
Tonight or tomorrow, Leon will release a fix to this issue.
PS: I do not know if it is the ammount of evolutions (Wrong offset) OR The mega evolution method is creating a glitch in the pokedex, these are the only options that seem to be the problem.

I'm not sure how the ini can break the pokédex tho? Do you mean that data is being written in the wrong offset when we change any info on the Pokémon Editor because of the ini?

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
To import all PGE files at once, each file needs to be renamed with the index number of the pokémon (not be confused with the Pokédex number). For example, if you want Turtwig to be placed in the index number 440, which is usually where people put it as it comes right after the Hoenn slots, you have to rename the ini file of Turtwig from the expansion packs to "440" and nothing else besides the number in the file name, so Grottle would have to be 441, Torterra 442, and so on...

1. Apply the Remove New Pickup Mechanics Patch - Okay done

2. Open PGE (Do not use G3HS) ini and define where to start looking for free space. Look for it only 0xA00000 and after -Don't see where it states this in the ini

3. Customize the amount of slots to expand, and uncheck install JPANs Save Block Hack (its already in there) - Would be nice to have how many numbers it would be for each one.

4. Watch the magic happen -Is the magic part the renaming 300 or so pokemon files so it knows where to put them?

- A Bit sarcastic and I apologize.. I can tell a large amount of work went into this. Was interested in checking this out but I'm a bit offput by the instructions. Not used to using PGE as I usually use gen III suite so it's a bit daunting. From what I can tell, the "Watch the magic happen" is exactly what doesn't happen.

Finding out you have to rename a bunch of stuff in the expansion packs is also a bit wild since their only purpose is to be inserted into the rom that you have provided. Given it's so it can be more modular, but just crazy to think it wasn't at least set up to work one way, instead of its current iteration to not work at all unless modified, unless I'm missing something here. Regardless great job. Adding pokemon and doing all of the convenient hacks, adding items and expanding the bag is really nice. I'm sure even without expansion this base is wonderful.

Edit - checked out what the base offers without pokemon expansion and it looks like a lot of care went into it. Kudos for all of it.

Edit 2 - After Bulk renaming files (Making sure to take out the duplicates, IE the sound files, I'm using PGE to install them and it keeps crashing when adding sprites at regigigas. No clue why. I have a base where I added all of the pokemon and I know how tedious this is, haha. I was really hoping to avoid all this jazz again but I know I'm just whining) Stats and Icons worked, and doesn't seem like PGE is letting me import all cries.

Edit 3 - I have removed regi's sprite, and Axew's sprite and the rest of them work perfectly. Gonna try to figure out why those don't work.

Edit 4 - mega metagross also causes an issue. I cant seem to figure out what is causing it to crash. I've tried making sure the pallets lined up, making sure all corners were not taken, copying the art to a different image, etc. Nothing works. Tried on two different comps.

Edit 5 - Any chance for a removal patch for the OW's?

Last edited:
Years
I'm not sure how the ini can break the pokédex tho? Do you mean that data is being written in the wrong offset when we change any info on the Pokémon Editor because of the ini?
If you edit any data, will broke. Can you make your pokemon evolve in the respective level?
To me cannot evolve. If i use a evolutionary stone will give a random evolution.

[AWESOME EDIT] ITS FIXED! U must edit the ammount of evolution types. I remove the mega evolutions too and works fine. But i will test more and more to find issues ( or not), so tomorrow i will post here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
If you edit any data, will broke. Can you make your pokemon evolve in the respective level?
To me cannot evolve. If i use a evolutionary stone will give a random evolution.

[AWESOME EDIT] ITS FIXED! U must edit the ammount of evolution types. I remove the mega evolutions too and works fine. But i will test more and more to find issues ( or not), so tomorrow i will post here.

Not so awesome if you have to remove mega evolutions. Did you change from 32 to 16?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I found a minor palette issue and I decided to come here and mention it just so everyone is aware of it.
It might be caused by the Itemfinder. On certain spots, you can use the Itemfinder and it will trigger an animation as if indicating there is a rare item there. That animation might use a palette that causes issues with any of the other ones that were being used at the same time the animation was triggered.
I caught the issue when it happened to me in Route 12 and it definitely happened in Viridian City Gym too.
t9gjo97.gif

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
I found a minor palette issue and I decided to come here and mention it just so everyone is aware of it.
It might be caused by the Itemfinder. On certain spots, you can use the Itemfinder and it will trigger an animation as if indicating there is a rare item there. That animation might use a palette that causes issues with any of the other ones that were being used at the same time the animation was triggered.
I caught the issue when it happened to me in Route 12 and it definitely happened in Viridian City Gym too.
t9gjo97.gif

Hey man! Did you do the full expansion? If so, how did adding those sprites go for you with pge?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Hey man! Did you do the full expansion? If so, how did adding those sprites go for you with pge?
Well, I answered you on Discord via DM, but I thought I should mention it here anyway:
I didn't do the full expansion, but what I can say is that I personally had troubles with editing sprites in the past using PGE.
Advanced Series handles that better in my opinion, but you'll have to come up with a custom .ini for the ROM.
I did make one and even posted it somewhere in this thread iirc, but I don't know if it would work with the latest version.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 25, 2023
When I try to import Regigigas sprites ir gives an error and I have to abort. Can someone help me please?

Years
Can somebody help me regarding its Overworlds editing?
I want to edit the player overworlds using Kimona's OWM.
But the application jump straight to the bike.

Editing other NPC will make all the overworld sprites disappear in-game.
Using : 1636 Squirrels, OWM x86.

Overworld.png

Years
Nice. Any way to make this run with JPAN hacked engine and/ or Jambo's extended flags and vars?

Edit: Also in regards to editing overworlds, I'm also getting the issue two others have mentioned. Simply opening the file with your engine (Applied to squirrels) with the OWM, doing absolutely nothing, then saving the rom, is enough to break overworlds. As others have said, no overworlds appear in the game at all after that, with he hero one flickering also. Like the others, this doesn't happen with a vanilla squirrels rom.

Also, when trying to load a map in A-Map 1.95 and turning on "show sprites", it flags up a load of infinite errors (repeating the same ones over and over). This may give you an indication of what's causing it :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
I can't use PGE for anything without an unhandled exception error. I know I have the right ini and I used Lunar IPS to patch the rom.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Ah, i didn't know i had to use the Lunar ips programm:0

I thought it was automatic to just patch game with the patch without other things..

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
I have looked into many issues that have been reported and I must announce that:

1. I am working on fixing the PGE and OWM errors. I believe the OWM error is based on the fact that my copy of the tool has registered use of the base while yours will not. As a result I am updating the OP with a download link to it. I do not claim ownership of OWM, it was made by Kimonas. For convenicence's sake, here's the download link too: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9oi9ycm2pvji77l/OWM.zip/file

2. It will probably take until April in order for a new release to come out

3. Skeli's Bag Expansion and the use of JPANs Save Block Hack have been altered since last release, and the new release will include this with hopefully less bugs and easier use of PGE

4. The rom base is compatible with FBI's Dexnav and rewritten Save Block Hack to my knowledge. The base will not include them in the download however.

5. I'll probably release an 807+ Alternate Forms base just to satisfy those who crave it, but I cannot make any guarantees there won't be some bugs (you really dont need more than 400-500 in one game and even then thats pushing it).

Back