• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • Thanks! Very useful link but I was refering to this: http://www.poke-amph.com/frlg/mysteryislands.php

Wait it just ocurred to me. Is this a referance to sevii islands when FR/LG's information was being leaked in it's time? Because we meet Bill in the normal sevii islands. So have I been silly all of this time?

The link I gave you is missing data from the games, unused stuff. The "mystery islands" are the Sevii Islands, just a name used because that site you gave me was pre-release speculation, I'm guessing.

Years
  • Magmar, Omastar, Mew...where?

Hi, so let me see if I got it right. To fill the Kanto Pokedex, you have to see all the Pokemon up to Mew, including him, right?

My question is, where can I see Magmar and Omastar? I KNOW you cant catch them in Firered (which is the version I have), I just need to see them? Has anyone find a trainer with these Pokemon?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Hey there :3

Well, if I can remember right, you can't actually see Omastar in the wild or a trainer battle for example (assuming you picked the Dome Fossil ofcourse). So you get eiter Kabuto/Kabutops in your Pokedex OR Omanyte/Omastar depending on which Fossil you picked. Magmar has to be traded from LeafGreen, and as far as I know there aren't any trainers with a Magmar in FireRed either..

So you can't get these two without trading (i.e. LeafGreen), unfortunately :(

Mew is unobtainable because the only way to get a Mew is through trading (if another trainer has one), or a special event.

I hope I could help you out with this! I played these games quite a lot, and there is unfortunately no way to "complete" the Pokedex on your own if you don't have friends to trade with OR an extra console and the other game, kind of a bummer :x

Years
  • Yeah, that sucks, I was planning to finish the pokedex before ending the Firered but seems like I cant. Cant find both Omastar and Magmar I guess.

From what I've seen Mew is unobtainable in all games unless you have an event thingy, right? Lucky me for living in a place where you cant obtain such stuff ^^

I will then leave the birds trio as well as mewtwo at their places. I'll let them live freely away from the PC jail :D

plus, I might decide to SR for a shiny legendary so yeah...let them be free...for now kekekeke xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah, that sucks, I was planning to finish the pokedex before ending the Firered but seems like I cant. Cant find both Omastar and Magmar I guess.

From what I've seen Mew is unobtainable in all games unless you have an event thingy, right? Lucky me for living in a place where you cant obtain such stuff ^^

I will then leave the birds trio as well as mewtwo at their places. I'll let them live freely away from the PC jail :D

plus, I might decide to SR for a shiny legendary so yeah...let them be free...for now kekekeke xD

Yes you are right, without an event there is no way to obtain Mew in a Generation 3 game unless you have a Gameshark.

KodakKid3

Aggron
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I know that when you get 4 EVs of a certain stat, then level up, you get more in that stat, and there's a maximum amount of that one EV stat you can get.

Let's say I want to max out my speed stat. Do I need to get 4 speed EVs, level up, then get 4 more, and level up again in order for it to be effective?

Or can I just, say, get 100 Speed EVs, and continue to get a higher speed stat for my next 25 level ups?

I want to speed up my Aggron, so I'm trying not to use him on pokemon that won't give me Speed EVs, since there's an EV cap and my I started EV training way too late (Level 61). I just want to max out his EVs so I can start using him to fight against everything again, and not just speedy pokemon.

Thanks.

I have Emerald Version by the way, if it makes any difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I know that when you get 4 EVs of a certain stat, then level up, you get more in that stat, and there's a maximum amount of that one EV stat you can get.

Let's say I want to max out my speed stat. Do I need to get 4 speed EVs, level up, then get 4 more, and level up again in order for it to be effective?

Or can I just, say, get 100 Speed EVs, and continue to get a higher speed stat for my next 25 level ups?

I want to speed up my Aggron, so I'm trying not to use him on pokemon that won't give me Speed EVs, since there's an EV cap and my I started EV training way too late (Level 61). I just want to max out his EVs so I can start using him to fight against everything again, and not just speedy pokemon.

Thanks.

It doesn't matter whether you level him up in between gaining 4 EVs or not! It'll add a point for however many 4 Speed EVs you have whenever you level up, regardless of how many it is (provided you haven't reached the cap!). It also doesn't reset upon level up, for example, if you had 7 Speed EVs and leveled up, you would gain 1 point but your Aggron would still have 3 EVs that didn't add up to a point.

Also, remember, a Pokemon can only have a maximum of 510 EVs (so really only 508 matter, since there are 2 extra, and one stat can have a maximum of 252 EVs). So if you started EV training your Aggron at lv61, it is likely he has gained 508 EVs by that point. I don't think there is a way to check and see how many EVs your Aggron has in each stat, but I know that by feeding him a certain type of berry you can wipe the EVs.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    So I just got to the Elite Four in Emerald, and was like, hey, a shiny Rayquaza would be awesome. So I looked into SRing but it seemed impossible given Emeralds RNG, so the only option was RNGing it. However apparently you need a secret ID for that and now that the GTS in Gen4 and Gen5 are gone...how can you get the ID? I really want to try this but have no idea how to get the ID.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • So I just got to the Elite Four in Emerald, and was like, hey, a shiny Rayquaza would be awesome. So I looked into SRing but it seemed impossible given Emeralds RNG, so the only option was RNGing it. However apparently you need a secret ID for that and now that the GTS in Gen4 and Gen5 are gone...how can you get the ID? I really want to try this but have no idea how to get the ID.

I did some research and it seems like you need to already have a non-hacked shiny Pokemon on your Emerald file in order to find it using this guide. However, if you just want a shiny Rayquaza in general and you have an Action Replay and Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver, you can use the AR to find your Secret ID and catch Rayquaza in the Embedded Tower.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    Problem is I only have SoulSilver and you need both Groudon and Kyogre from 4th gen to get Rayquaza...so I'm stuck with Emerald. And I have yet to find a shiny in this run through of Emerald and doubt that I will so once again I find myself at a loss...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Problem is I only have SoulSilver and you need both Groudon and Kyogre from 4th gen to get Rayquaza...so I'm stuck with Emerald. And I have yet to find a shiny in this run through of Emerald and doubt that I will so once again I find myself at a loss...

Ugh, I would offer to trade you whichever legend you needed but Wifi is off ;~; From what I could find, that's the only way to RNG a shiny in Emerald, however, I literally have zero experience with RNG itself. Maybe if you pop by the Trade Corner's RNG thread they might be able to help you more than I ever could. :)

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    So I just got to the Elite Four in Emerald, and was like, hey, a shiny Rayquaza would be awesome. So I looked into SRing but it seemed impossible given Emeralds RNG, so the only option was RNGing it. However apparently you need a secret ID for that and now that the GTS in Gen4 and Gen5 are gone...how can you get the ID? I really want to try this but have no idea how to get the ID.

Problem is I only have SoulSilver and you need both Groudon and Kyogre from 4th gen to get Rayquaza...so I'm stuck with Emerald. And I have yet to find a shiny in this run through of Emerald and doubt that I will so once again I find myself at a loss...

Being an experienced RNG manipulator, I've done it in Emerald, so perhaps I can give some advice.
    I am afraid that yes, to manipulate the RNG in Emerald you have to know your Secret ID. And the catch to getting your Secret ID is to have already caught a shiny Pokemon within the game. Stupid, I know. OTL;

However, you said that due to Emerald's RNG finding a shiny Pokemon seems near impossible. I can reassure you that Emerald's shiny encounter rate is exactly the same as 5th gen's, 4th gen's, FRLG, and RS.. which is 1/8192. The RNG may look crazy but the rate is still the very same as the rest of the games encircling Emerald. It won't make it any harder to find a shiny, so you don't have to worry about that.

It sounds like a huge number, but you still have a good chance of encountering a shiny Rayquaza by soft resetting. 8192 is not a death sentence stating that you will only find the shiny after 8192 encounters - hell, you could find it after 10 resets if you're lucky. I encourage you to try for that shiny with soft resets if you really want it.

RNG manipulation is neat and all, but it definitely takes away the satisfaction of finding a shiny by normal means. And unfortunately normal means seem to be the only way you're gonna get that shiny legitimately.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I was reminded that Gen3 Games were in 60fps while are the later games are in 30fps. Does it make a difference in Pokemon?

I just played Sapphire for an hour to see if I could really tell a difference. Results were inconclusive.

Gen4 did feel sluggish in battles, but that was mostly due to the way weather and status text interrupted the action. (i thought)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    How to get event pokemon on an emulator?

Hello, I am trying to get the event pokemon in emerald without using a rom hack, how do I do that?

CrystalShadow

Delta DJ
    Years
  • Go to google and look up (Pokemon Emerald Warp Codes)
    Copy the code and goto your Visual Boy Advance goto cheats and enter the
    Code then hot enter walk through a door and Boom hope I helped

Years
  • Ingame Team and Pokemon Location

Here am I doing a Challenged I Have Gotten Team Here is- Golduck, Blaziken, Glalie, Cacturne, and Sableye I want Where the Pokemon i get As soon as Possible

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Here am I doing a Challenged I Have Gotten Team Here is- Golduck, Blaziken, Glalie, Cacturne, and Sableye I want Where the Pokemon i get As soon as Possible

Would help if you said what game you are playing, eitherway bulbapedia or serebii.net could help!

My own question:
    I am going to start a game on FR and have already decided upon most of the team, I just need one more addition and I can't decide :/

So far I have: Typhlosion, Sceptile, Blastoise, Donphan and Jolteon.

I am thinking I need a psycic or ice type but not sure, ideas anyone?

p.s. I have gameshark so can hack in any pokemon for gen. 3. and no legendaries :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd suggest Alakazam; it might be that great defensively, but its offensive stats are huge. With this Pokémon, you could take down anybody you wish, without any sort of trouble at all. Elite Four would be a piece of cake for you, haha.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    I thought that too but I completed a run through with him recently, and think I want something different. I thought ice because of its effectiveness against dragons, plus I've never really used Dewgong or Weilrein (but they look pretty average plus they are also water). Jynx would obvs cover both bases but its def. is terrible! I've even started considering to not have a sixth but my team would feel empty :( lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back