• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
  • i don't know if this idea will work but this is how i do it

1. open unzl then go to the Pokemon you wanted to replace then save it[png]
    2. open you drawing with MS Paint then do "Edit > Select All" then do "Edit > Copy"
    3. open the image you save earlier [he Pokemon you wanted to replace] the do "Edit > Paste"
    4. then save it and load it in Unlz

I Hope this helps

Yes! Thank you! It worked!

Now, I want to edit the backimage, when I have it in my party and use it in battle. However, the only backimages in unLZ are Shiny ones. Where are the regular ones?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Yes! Thank you! It worked!

Now, I want to edit the backimage, when I have it in my party and use it in battle. However, the only backimages in unLZ are Shiny ones. Where are the regular ones?

Edit the shiny images, but keep the shiny colors. When they appear in the game they'll have the same colors the battle sprite has.

fleek

Fleekinator
    Years
  • Edit the shiny images, but keep the shiny colors. When they appear in the game they'll have the same colors the battle sprite has.
    Oh thanks

Also, seeing as I have clearly no skill in the form of pokemon hacking, I'm coming to you guys AGAIN with another problem.

See, I put in the pokemon I wanted over ratatta. The image, however, in the game still has the color background, and has like a glitchy look to the bottom part of the image.
    wildnosevf4.jpg

Tell me, what did I do wrong?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The image has to have the same dimensions as the one you're replacing, and the same or less amount of pixels that are used for the pokémon except for the background. This is what causes the glitchy stuff at the bottom of the image.

Also, in unLZ GBA, you can see the pokémon's palette. The color in the left should be used for the background, if you use any other color, it won't be transparent but it will look like the pokémon in your screenshot.

fleek

Fleekinator
    Years
  • The image has to have the same dimensions as the one you're replacing, and the same or less amount of pixels that are used for the pokémon except for the background. This is what causes the glitchy stuff at the bottom of the image.

Also, in unLZ GBA, you can see the pokémon's palette. The color in the left should be used for the background, if you use any other color, it won't be transparent but it will look like the pokémon in your screenshot.

same amount or less? damn. Does that mean if I would want to substitute this particular pokemon with something else, I'd have to do it to a bigger pokemon?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Is it possible to make long grass(custom tiles) in FR/LG exactly like how it is in R/S/E?
    I have inserted the long grass but don't know how to add the extra effects such as how you can't bike in it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    same amount or less? damn. Does that mean if I would want to substitute this particular pokemon with something else, I'd have to do it to a bigger pokemon?

Yes, you would, or you could remove some pixels from the image so that it'll be smaller.

Is it possible to make long grass(custom tiles) in FR/LG exactly like how it is in R/S/E?
    I have inserted the long grass but don't know how to add the extra effects such as how you can't bike in it.

Did you try making the tall grass in the Block Editor in Advance Map have the tall grass effect?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hi! I have a question.
    I opened unlZGBA and there were shiny pokemon backgroundi-images.
    If I edit the colors of a background-image, will the front image change the color too?
    If not, where can I found the shiny pokemon sprites (front-image)?

If you edit the colors of the backsprite image, which has the shiny palette, that will change the shiny front sprite in the game, too. If you change the colors of the front sprite in unLZ, they'll be the same in the backsprite.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    How do I make it so that when I make a pokemon center it's not all pink around the border and it's not water, so you cant see your reflection, and you dont see pokemon centers on both sides...?

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • I edited a trainer using PET's revenge and one of his pokemon knows a ridiculous attack and another is the wrong pokemon. I looked at it in trainer edit too and everything looked normal. How do I get them to have the correct attacks and pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    HI, Im a n00b and tried searching for my question but i didnt find it so im gunna ask even tho its probly n there sumewhere,ok when I try to open adv. map and stuff and i try and load my fire red rom it says like the ini. files have to be in the ini folder and it says i need to save it as a .gba file when its a .zip file, so how do I save it as a .gba file?

EDIT: never mind i figured out how too make it a .gba file but now it ses there is no map header on the file and that the .ini files need to be in the ini folder

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2009
    Removing the Intro

For Fire Red; how do I get rid of completely the beginning text and the part where Prof. Oak talks to you? Equally important; how do I (the hacker) set the sex of the sprite/your name/your rival's name?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • How do I edit the game title of Pokemon Red Version (GBC)? I looked at the ROM through Tile SHOW,
    but all I could find for the title screen was the large Pokemon logo. I don't understand hex editors.

taka6

wtf?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • here
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    i know some one asked it before but no one gave them an answer so here it goes
    how do i create a new name for a map with out overwriting a currently existing one using advanced map?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    How do I edit the game title of Pokemon Red Version (GBC)? I looked at the ROM through Tile SHOW,
    but all I could find for the title screen was the large Pokemon logo. I don't understand hex editors.

You can use tilemolestor...
    Try browsing the offsets. You should find it.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • i know some one asked it before but no one gave them an answer so here it goes
    how do i create a new name for a map with out overwriting a currently existing one using advanced map?
    You can't with advancemap.
    But MAYBE you can repoint the name list and add a new one manually.
    NOTE: Sucess not guaranteed

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2008
    Just a quick question, does anyone still have the old Pokémon Red Location Document/Megadoc?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back