• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Pokemon Masters Announced

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • D7spQfEXoAAY5t6.jpg

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1133545447224561664

A new mobile game called Pokemon Masters was announced at today's press conference. Are you excited?

I'm glad I can have my ass kicked by my husband lance

Cid

Years
  • I'm excited. I have yet to rewatch the trailer from the press conference, but the fact that you attack the trainers themselves is a bit weird. Here's hoping it doesn't turn into the worst kind of gacha.

Years
  • ^Do they?? That is weird, will have to rewatch. @_@

Definitely looking awesome though, I did love the videos we've seen of the gameplay and am excited to try it out!

Cid

Years
  • ^Do they?? That is weird, will have to rewatch. @_@

Definitely looking awesome though, I did love the videos we've seen of the gameplay and am excited to try it out!

I watched it again and apparently they have Pokémon! The Pokémon were just really small, with their trainers standing out more from the camera angle. :'D

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm excited but I hope it lives up to the hype they're already giving it!

Because are you fighting with them or against them?? or both??

Either way, I love the characters, so I'm ready to see how it turns out.

Years
  • I... have no idea how I feel about this.

Pretty much same here.

I suppose cautious optimism can best describe my reaction. If it's super gacha heavy then that I'm really not going to be that interested as I don't really care for mobile gacha games, but even if there was I'd prefer if the microtransactions weren't P2W, at the very least.

Not sure what to expect here. I feel like TPC left far more questions than they generated hype, but that's just me.

Years
  • i've just watched the trailer (late ik) but uh...............................yeah. I don't really know how to feel about this. I guess I'll download it when it comes out, but I'm not really sure if I'd regularly play it. I guess we'll see once it gets closer to its release.

User Anon 1848

LOL at Brock's clothes coming off. I don't think this game will take itself too seriously. Not necessarily a bad thing. I have low expectations for mobile games anyway.

Years
  • Finally got around to watching the trailer too, and I guess I'm cautiously optimistic, too? I don't think that we got enough info from it to properly gauge what the game is about, but I'm sure I'll give it a download when it comes out.

Years
  • That's a mobile game that I'm actually interested in. I just hope that they put Courtney in it, even though that it's a low chance. :p

Years
  • Good to see all of these retro casts to return in Pokemon Masters, i still need to an smartphone to play it one day, since my parents need to earn in ordey buy it one for me.

Back