• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moooneeyyyy…

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
How much money—per year—do you think you spend on video games? Are you satisfied with how much you're spending? If not, then would you like to spend more on video games, or would you like to spend less?

I, personally, buy about one or two new games every month. In a year, I end up getting myself at least fifteen games. Each game cost about fifty dollars nowadays (pre-owned ones are much less pricey, but I rarely buy those), so when you multiply that by fifteen, you get seven-fifty. That, more or less, is how much money I spend every year solely on video games. The year I buy myself a new console though, I end up spending even more.

I'm honestly not too happy with the amount of money I'm spending, unfortunately. :( Seven-hundred and fifty dollars a year is a little too much, don't you think? I could have saved about twenty-percent of my money if I spent them on used video games, but most of the time, used games don't come with their original cases (or booklets), which simply drives me away from them. Plus, they're usually scratched.

TY

I buy 2-3 games a year and like 4-5 DLC when there is good DLC for a game.

I never buy used games since i dont really trust those and mostly you cant even play the game online (EA Online Pass, Battle.Net codes, etc.)

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
the fact that i dont have a job makes it harder for me to buy video games but i can some how mange do get money and buy video games :) but I most of them pre owned to save money and its cheaper and the only disc that didn't work but i got a new working copy was a elder scrolls game.I've bought some games that were new like uncharted and da blob 2 but that was after chirstmas so i had some money but this year i plan on saving up for a xbox 360.

Years
Usually I buy 0-3 games per year, though it mostly stays around the 0-1 mark. This year I've bought more than that though, mainly because of all the great 3DS games that have been coming out. Am pretty satisfied with buying few since I like not spending money. xD

Years
I'm pretty sure I've spent a little more than $1000 on everything gaming related this year...

And there's the playstation 4 coming up.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
I can't really say, but if I had to guess, I'd say about $200-500 a year. I buy most of my games used, and either for the DS or Xbox 360, as well as one or two old consoles that I can pick up for less than $60.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Crap, I think I've spent around $800 on video games this year. That's 4-5 months worth of utility bills right there.

This is saddening to think about because it doesn't FEEL like that much.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Average I would have to say 0-3 games per year. Sometimes more if there cheaper games that I'm getting (last year I pretty much bought all the Trauma Center games). Normally it's a Pokemon game + any other games that really interest me and I want to get. This year has made it difficult because so many good games have come out but overall I've only bought two soon to be three when I go and pick up Pokemon X.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I normally buy 3-4 games a year for myself and 2 games for my daughter. if the game is for me it is usaully an pokemon or Zelda game. Now if for my daughter it is a child name like Moshi monsters or littlrst pet shop. so it is about 120 pounds/dollars I spend a year on games.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Not that much, in all honesty. I don't buy a lot of games in a given year (normally between 1-3) and often they'll be released around either my birthday or Christmas, so I can normally just get them as presents without me spending a penny!This year, for example, I've coughed up for three games: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Pokemon X. Which is actually quite high for me! :D

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I don't spend any money because I'm happy playing the games I currently own. However when a new game comes out that really interests me I will buy it. When I do, unless there is some insanely awesome reason to pre-order, I buy used. When a new game comes out and millions of people buy it, there will always be plenty that return it to a GameStop for some cash, usually the very next day! With modern games for the newest system, used almost always means the game was just played a few times and has nothing to do with the quality of the disc. Every used game I own had absolutely zero scratches that are visible to the naked eye on date of purchase. When games are returned, even if they were used a single time, they legally have to be marked down, so it's a smart choice in my opinion.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
My video game buying habits are strange. Before I had my job I would buy $100-$300 worth of games a year... Now that I have a way of making money, I spend $100-$200 a year. So far this year I've bought $100 worth of games and will be spending another $40 next week. If I buy a video game console during a year, then add another $100 because I like to start out with a few games for that console. I also have a habit of buying DLC that adds a lot of content and every expansion pack for any games that I own. Hm, I spend more money on games than I thought I did...

Fortunately Steam has sales every other second.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I would say I spend around $700 myself or about $1000 in total, or so in video games a year, mostly just buying more copies of Pokemon games (I don't restart my games - I buy another instead).

Once in a while I'll buy other games mainly to replace the ones that break or become to scratched to be playable (like with Sim City 4), or another game I'm willing to give a try, or for birthday/Christmas for my younger brothers/sister.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I actually don't spend too much on games, but this year my mom's gonna take a huge hit lol. For my birthday, I'm gonna ask for Pokemon Y (or X, depending on which one has Gengar's Mega Evo that has FEETS) and then for Christmas, I want the Playstation 4 and Heavy Rain (and possibly other games like Tomb Raider, W.E.T., etc.), so that'll be pretty expensive.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Until the last month I hadn't spend more than $100 all year on games. This Holiday season I've pent around $400 on games. My parents see my bill and get mad sometimes. lol

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
I only buy a new game if it interests me. To make matters worse I only have 1 console as of now and that is my 3ds. To make matters even more worse is that I am jobless. so lets see...maybe about 60$-150$ a year?!

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
At this point I only wind up buying maybe a little more than half a dozen games that are on the cheap side (5-40 dollars.) I only wind up buying one or two console or PC games a full price ($60) a year.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
Per year? Like maybe 10$. 50$ on a GOOD YEAR.

If I had a decent job, I wouldn't mind spending around $500-800 a year. College is stripping me of my money.

Years
It really depends on how interested I am in the games that are coming out in a year, and how much expendable money I've got to spend.

There are some years where I can remember getting maybe one or two used games totalling $25 that would last me an entire year, whereas this year there've been a good number of games that I've been interested in, plus I bought myself a 3DS and might be getting a PS4 before the year is out, so it wouldn't surprise me if I drop $700~ by the time the year is through (as much as I hate to admit it).

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Buying oh well... I think I would buy a new game every 2-4 months. If i can get it through other means then I will get it through those means.

Back