• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on a Concept?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2019
    This isn't a concept for a fanfic or anything particular, but more of an idea.

Has anyone ever considered or used Pokemon moves exclusive to the Pokemon TCG in Pokemon-related storytelling?

A quick example of what I mean with Lapras... If you do a quick Bulbapedia check on all the Different Lapras cards, you'll see a variety of interesting moves not available in the actual games including:
    -Wave Splash
    -Giant Wave
    -Sweet Song
    -Ice Blade
    -Water Arrow
    -Tsunami
    -Blizzard Burn
    -Hypnoblast

Hypnoblast? Interesting. Blizzard Burn sounds like a fun time for sure.

Years
  • In my case, no. I have thought of borrowing and adapting a mechanic from the TCG though, so I'm sure using TCG moves has at least occurred to someone.

Bay

Years
  • Actually very long ago I thought of doing a fic called The Delta House in which the plot is based off Pokemon having moves and typings based off the Delta Species set. Sadly I didn't get the fic off the ground saved for some random ideas haha. A TCG fic could be very interesting, though.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • This isn't a concept for a fanfic or anything particular, but more of an idea.

Has anyone ever considered or used Pokemon moves exclusive to the Pokemon TCG in Pokemon-related storytelling?

Yeah, I've been doing that since 2012 for a Pokémon RP I'm part of. The chosen Pokémon were Nidorans (of course), Salamence, Staraptor, Meowstic and several Eeveelutions. I eventually plan to introduce it into my fanfics as well.

In general I find it to be an interesting avenue for worldbuilding depending on how do you translate some concepts that are more profoundly used in TCG moves and stuff, such as the Lost Zone.

I could share notes if there's interest.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2019
    If we really want to be critical of moves in general, you could just make up your own moves in the Pokemon Universe, heck, May and Dawn kinda did that all the time in contests. They're just names of different techniques for Pokemon to use their powers.

Back