• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
  • Which of the following would you include in your fic if you had to?
    Werewolf, probably. Or were-Pokémon. Could be interesting, if I thought of a plot.

What is the most intelligent thing you've ever put into your fics?
    Uhhh, am I the best judge of that? Possibly Shadowdart's thoughts about why the Code (the moral laws of the Scyther) is perfect in The Fall of a Leader.

Does this sound logcial?
    Uh, sure. o.o Why not?

Dumbest thing you've ever put in your fics. And I mean THE dumbest. Don't be shy here.
    Er-hem.

Once upon a time, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mew were playing in Seafoam Islands. There they found the legendary Mist Stone, and they thought it was a Geodude, so they attacked it with their most powerful attacks. This broke the outer layers of the Mist Stone, scattering the shards around the Seafoam Islands cave where some people working on the Gameshark found them and put them in, and the very core was transformed into an Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres hybrid with psychic powers called Molzapart. It then proceeded to attack its creators with Peck. And then it went to train, passed the level 100 barrier and is currently at level 2347 (or whatever it was). :o

No, really.

What is the longest time you've written without doing anything in between? (Going to bathroom, drinking something and eating doesn't count unless you do it for hours.)
    Uh, I haven't really counted, but probably not that long, considering I'm almost always multitasking, writing a few sentences in between refreshing some forums. The exception would be when my Internet is down, in which case I've occasionally written for a while, but never more than maybe a couple of hours, I believe.

What about reading?
    I read the fifth Harry Potter book more or less nonstop from when I got it until I'd finished it, barring sleep. :/ So yeah, that would have been some pretty long sessions.

Amusingly enough, I have only once in my life read a Pokémorph fic - I'm really uninterested in Pokémorphs, so I never felt the drive to do so until one of the best authors I know in the fandom wrote one, which only ever got a few chapters in but was good. I've read others rant about clichés in Pokémorph fics, however, and from that feel reasonably confident that Morphic is very little like any of them. :P Gene injections are rather stupid, yes.

Bay

Years
  • Dumbest thing you've ever put in your fics. And I mean THE dumbest. Don't be shy here.
    The Valley Windworks scene in "Destiny's Tricks." Even though the story's a parody, that scene is just...very rushed. =O I just had the characters come inside and then a few seconds later, confront Mars. Even the battle didn't last too long. XD;

What is the longest time you've written without doing anything in between? (Going to bathroom, drinking something and eating doesn't count unless you do it for hours.)
    I think it was three/four hours writing nonstop for my one shot "Hounds of Goldenrod."

As for reading, almost fifteen hours reading "Angels and Demon." At first I was reading it little by little during finals week, but then after school was over, I began reading it more and more. XD I did read the Harry Potter books too for long hours, but I would always take breaks in between.

Zadros

Burn
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Aus
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I do some writing, including something I'm working on now. So yea, I know a couple of people here and some others by name. *waves*

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years
  • Well, ummm.... Hi Zadros, hope you like our writing section.

Moving on...

What is your favorite genre to write?

Horror. The things you can do with a good horror story, it can be fun. Very fun. Especially when the good guys just got away from the bad guys, but one of the good guys has some sort of virus/hypnosis on them/parasite that makes them try to kill the others; and succeed! Then the last good guy gets cured/snaps out of the trance/cured (again!) and is like "No! WAHHHHH!!!" Good times. Good times indeed,

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Fancy seeing you here, Zadros! What inspired you? :P

(I remember this topic from before -_-) Comedy, no doubt. I like coming up with the jokes and all, and trying to entertain the readers. Just find doing humour-based things fun for myself to do. I certainly like other styles as well, but comedy for me is the most enjoyable.

Zadros

Burn
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Aus
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Fancy seeing you here, Zadros! What inspired you? :P
    Oh, nobody important =P

I like action, some mystery. Something I can get lost in and have a lot of fun writing. Crime can also be good.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • Oh good lord, this is ****ing insane. I actually managed to finish my one-shot for the Serebii sci-fi contest. It came out to be 27 ****ING PAGES! 13 of which I wrote tonight! Due to contest rules I can't post it until it's judged and results are posted, but I should be able to tell the name at least, which came easily to me after I finished writing it. TRINITY: Waves. The first side-story I've ever written, and the first self-contained story that I actually finished that is not related to my not pr0n interests. I think it came out pretty well, especially the big action scenes. It features an event which is important to the main TRINITY plot and which, coincidentally, I've already referenced at the beginning of what I have of chapter 2. Due to that, there's every possibility that the main character from Waves could very well become an important character in TRINITY proper, we'll just have to see. The character who comes in at the end of Waves could also appear, and would be awesome to write since he has like the best accent I've ever written. Since I see nothing in the contest rules about single line quotes, here's one:

TRINITY: Waves said:
    "I 'ant to get to know you, ya 'ear? Want to talk. Not too often fresh 'uns come 'board; I just wanna 'ear what's goin' on down on our big 'unk of rock."

I imagine it must be murder for non-native English speakers, though <_< I was actually considering making it worse, but I couldn't take it too far...

Oh, I can answer this one now, which I skipped earlier:

I think I set that record just now. About five to six hours, from around 10 PM to 3 AM give or take a half hour here and there.

It's not just the length that made this excruciatingly painful yet also extremely awesome, it's that it's ****ing THREE IN THE MORNING! I didn't even know I could write coherently at this time! ...Can I?

Zadros said:
    So yea, I know a couple of people here and some others by name.
    But you don't know me! :P But, trust me, it's better if you don't.

OH YEAH, I just remembered something! You guys all remember how earlier I was obsessed with Nerf and all that? Well last night (meaning Thanksgiving night) war broke out in my aunt's house. Foamy war. The problem was that between eight or so Nerf guns we only had exactly three (well, we started four. Then it went down to three) darts. Despite having a gun loaded with two six dart magazines, the most I ever had at once was two shots. I frequently had to steal darts straight out of my little cousin's gun to shoot at him. The good thing is that I ended up getting really fast at reloading the damn thing.

...And then today I carried out a rather swiss cheese-esque plan and utilized Amazon's offer of free money for applying for their credit card to buy some Nerf guns of my own! My scheming knows no bounds.

(And before anyone says anything, don't worry, I understand the whole credit card thing seeing as I already have one that I have managed rather well. And I researched the offer and understand how it works and everything, and, well, there really is no catch. It's free money, straight and simple; after your first purchase with the card you receive thirty dollars credit and that's it, nothing else to be done)

Um...pretty much exactly what I like to read. Various action/adventure stuff, fantasy, and sci-fi. Oh, and my not pr0n of course. But you won't get that here. Of course.

And this is my shortest non-follow-up post on here ever. Amazing. I also said **** too many times, but you know what? **** the word ****. And the censor. And my brain.

Note: I am sure there are numerous typos throughout this, but I don't ****ing care! **** typos!

<_<

Zadros

Burn
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Aus
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    But you don't know me! :P But, trust me, it's better if you don't.
    Oh hey, it's That-Flamestar-guy-with-a-Cyndaquil-in-his-fic-and-I-really-should-get-to-reading-past-the-third-chapter XD I think that sums up how much I know about you.

I can make a topic, right?
    Which part of a story do you like the most? The beginning with its character introduction, the middle with its mystery, or the end with its action and (hopefully) climactic ending?

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • What is your favorite genre to write?
    Comedy! Absolutely (I felt like saying "zettai" because that word just rocks) comedy! I also like to put some action in between, but not too much. I never liked reading a book full of action myself, so I don't write that. Also, sometimes I get the urge to write the occasional romance story, but they're never sappy. Comedy is my key word and I praise and worship humour until I die.

Which part of a story do you like the most? The beginning with its character introduction, the middle with its mystery, or the end with its action and (hopefully) climactic ending?
    It depends, of course. Some stories have bad beginnings but good ending or vice versa. Generally I like the middle of a story, with or without a mystery, because then you'll know the characters but there's still lots to read. Endings are stupid because the book's going to end soon... I hate it when a book ends :(

I also said **** too many times, but you know what? **** the word ****. And the censor. And my brain.

Wh-whoa. You know, while those little *:s are called asterisks in English, in Finland they're called stars. As your username is Shrike Flamestar, I found this rther amusing. But hey, you should tone that down a bit, because even if we would accept that here, you never know when some mod comes and does something awful to you :\ We don't want that...

And of course your post would be short, this damn thread has completely died again. For days there were no posts at all. Thanks to our new (hopefully also insane) friend Zardos we got around to posting again. On that note: Hi, Zardos, you probably don't know me. I'm writer, just like all the other folks here... Also, I have an army of Sentret with flamethrowers, so you should watch out xD

I hope Astinus appears back soon :( I miss her...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • just like all the other folks here.
    Oh no, I completely disagree, you are the scariest, most crazy person here.

I HATE writing the beginning, because I can't get it to where I feel that it's right.

I like the middle of the story, It has obviously kept you drawn in that long, and there is still plenty more for you to read.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Oh no, I completely disagree, you are the scariest, most crazy person here.

Am I? Moreover, is that a good thing? :paranoid:
    At least I don't talk about waiting Lugias and outwalking hurricanes... I only talk about FFL musicals and other completely normal stuff! *smirk*

I HATE writing the beginning, because I can't get it to where I feel that it's right.

I totally know what you mean. It's always so hard to start, when you don't really know what you should say, how it should be said and everything you write just seems a bit off. I'm currently having that problems with several fanfics and a couple of original fics. The beginning never goes well... But I've noticed that a good way to avoid crappy beginnings is to first write something, then continue to write for, say, five to ten pages and go back to fix the start. That way they end up being a looot better. Well, at least that works for me.

Bay

Years
  • Which part of a story do you like the most? The beginning with its character introduction, the middle with its mystery, or the end with its action and (hopefully) climactic ending?
    The middle with its mystery. As the story goes further, it justs get better (usually). XD

And Shrike, that's awesome. I'm going against you! =O

Dragonfree

Years
  • Which part of a story do you like the most? The beginning with its character introduction, the middle with its mystery, or the end with its action and (hopefully) climactic ending?
    For writing or reading? For reading, it depends on what the story's strongest point is, really: if the setting is particularly interesting, the beginning tends to be filled with that magic but it fades away as it goes on; if the character interactions are the most fun thing about it, the middle tends to have the most of that, since the beginning has to be introducing the characters and the ending has to focus more on the plot of the story; if the plot is the best part, then a good, satisfying ending to it is the most enjoyable part (although it has to be pulled off well enough). Then there are books where all aspects are absolutely fascinating, and then they're a gem to read from beginning to end. :D

For writing, it would have to pretty much invariably be the end, with the middle last, what with it always getting in the way of my getting to write the end. >:/ Of course, sometimes there are scenes in the middle that I specifically planned beforehand, or were even the very first idea I thought of before beginning the story, and then I love writing those as well.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Of course, sometimes there are scenes in the middle that I specifically planned beforehand, or were even the very first idea I thought of before beginning the story, and then I love writing those as well.

Heh, I know that feeling. I once came up with a story because I used to go trough a tunnel to get to my metro station four times a week. The tunnel has white, bumpy walls and a row of light that go from end to end on the roof. Walking in that tunnel made me think of a death scene that later grew into a story. I started writing the story, and I wrote and I wrote until I got to the middle of the novel (it was already over 100 pages with my handwriting!) and was finally allowed to write that scene. I put all my feelings into it and made it as good as I ever could. After that, I felt so accomplished. Soon after, I stopped writing because I had lost my inspiration xD I had aimed to that scene, it was the ultimate climax of that story for me. Who cares about the bad guys who killed the character? He's dead now, my job here is done...

I'm going to finish that story, though. Someday I'll take it and finish it.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Am I? Moreover, is that a good thing? :paranoid:
    At least I don't talk about waiting Lugias and outwalking hurricanes... I only talk about FFL musicals and other completely normal stuff! *smirk*

You are the one still talking about Sentret with flamethrowers, while the majority of us have moved on...

...a looot better. Well, at least that works for me.
    Loot? XD

Canadian eh?

(no offense to Canadians.)

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • You are the one still talking about Sentret with flamethrowers, while the majority of us have moved on...

No, seriously. I don't really know if I should be offended here or not. I gather you don't think it's a good thing I'm as insane as I am. If you think so, then of course I can tone it down. It's not like I go up to people downtown and mumble nonsense to them. Frankly, I don't really do it with my friends, either... But I like being crazy and I figured this'd be a great place to go nuts. If it disturbs you, of course I can stop it! Also, I can try to keep on topic a lot more. Like this:

How do you come up with your characters? Do you design them from scratch or use people you know as their bases? If the latter, how much do you modify their personalities?

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • How do you come up with your characters? Do you design them from scratch or use people you know as their bases? If the latter, how much do you modify their personalities?
    Yay, I love questions like this!

It's been a mix over the years; some of my characters are/were based off of other people/characters to the point were there is no longer any true parallels to the original... typically. A lot of characters I use today I made either from scratch, or they are older characters of mine that I have highly modified. If I use bases, I only do it on a physical note; the personalities are entirely of my own creation.

Dragonfree

Years
  • How do you come up with your characters? Do you design them from scratch or use people you know as their bases? If the latter, how much do you modify their personalities?
    My characters are not based on anything or anyone; I don't generally ever feel like I'm "designing" them, per se, personality-wise, in fact. I make up a character in terms of approximately how they look and who they basically are, and the personality more or less just emerges as I start to write them. It could take subconscious inspiration from people I know, I suppose, but I haven't really noticed any blatant connections.

The exception would be May from The Quest for the Legends, who was originally designed as a self-insert of sorts, but you could say that that lies only in those details of who she was that were created before I actually wrote her, and not in the personality that emerged (which, for a self-insert, is very unflattering, to say the least). I've given her small references to myself in details like her birthday and a nervous twitch, but generally she doesn't react much like I would to the situations that occur in the story.

Generally it strikes me as sort of strange to base a character's personality directly on a real person, because the character and the real person have always had completely different experiences in life; they are very unlikely to turn out anything like one another, and at the very least the character will grow and change during the course of the story in a completely different way than you will while writing it. :/

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back