• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
So, to make this thread more lively again, I'm going to go with an old technique: talk about something sompletely irrelevant.

So, yesterday there was a serious blizzard here in Finland. The wind was so strong it caused blackouts and brought down some trees and whatnot, and there were a over half a meter (1 foot 8,5 inches) of snow. That, of course, messed up the traffic. So, today, when I left to school, I had to walk up to my knees in snow and because all roads where frozen and snowy, a truck crashed with my tram and the conveyor had to stop for ten minutes to take the names and numbers of any witnesses. Thus, I was late for school.

Spoiler:

Then, to a subject that has something to do with writing.

Yesterday, when my mom came home from the bookstore, she told me about this book she had seen. In this book, there was this girl and this vampire boy who fell in love but their relationship would never work because the girl grew older and the boy did not. My mom rolled her eyes when she told me it was a series that probably had some 3000 pages. I laughed and told her to never buy me a book like that.

Later that day, I found out that the book was the Twilight! The one that has been mocked all over the internet! Even my little brother knew it was a book everyone hates (but some people love passionately) and he had even thought it was a joke. Such a small world this internet! Oh my, was I amused. Maybe I should try and read the first book to see what you're all talking about.

Hmm, that didn't have much to do with writing after all...

If you had to make a story happen in a historical era and a real place - better still if you've written a story like that - what would that place and that time be? It can also be fanfiction!

I'd make it happen in feudal Japan (or an older period of time) or in ancient Egypt. That's because those are the places and times I know most about... if you count World War Two out. Maybe I'd use WW2, though, and the place would be the Soviet Union, China or Japan. Maybe.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
What was the very first thing you ever wrote?

A Pokemon fanfic.

I refuse to elaborate.

Have you ever written a Pokemon poem?

Actually, yes. The first fic I ever wrote turned out stupid, but the crowning moment was the first chapter. The entire fic was basically centered around three trainers who've been separated for a while running into a bizarre guy who wanted to write a book about their adventures. So each one of them tells their favorite adventures in their own way- and one of them prefers to tell his story through either poetry or some sort of musical medium. So I ended up writing the first chapter entirely in verse, using the same rhyme scheme from the Canterbury Tales (!). That was probably the most fun I've ever had writing fanfiction, actually, and I may have to do a rewrite or reworking of the concept now that I'm older and wiser.

If you had to make a story happen in a historical era and a real place - better still if you've written a story like that - what would that place and that time be? It can also be fanfiction!

Either Florence, Italy or England right smack in the middle of the Renaissance. I'd probably have it be something alchemy or magic-related, seeing as it was actually the Renaissance and not the dark ages when research into magic was at its height. (I'm not kidding. The only reason that we don't hear about the magic research is that it didn't work, but science did, so magic was abandoned.)

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
I need to get added to the official kick-arse orgy post. Pwease, Astinus?

But..... if.......... ew!

Get older, plz, at least get through puberty.

Wait, get An-chan to draw another room with a door, and label it "Minors' Area"

An-chan; I like snow, but if we get over a foot, then things start closing down. There was an Ice-storm last winter that knocked out power to the whole county I live int. People in the town didn't have power for 3 days, but people in the rual areas didn't have power for weeks.

Ever put a sever weather event in a fic?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
But..... if.......... ew!

Get older, plz, at least get through puberty.

Wait, get An-chan to draw another room with a door, and label it "Minors' Area"

I'm seventeen. Technically a minor. ARE YOU TRYING TO KICK ME OUT OF THE ORGY? VIOLENCE! VIOLENCE, I SAY!

As for the the weather event... nope, never have. I've put oppressive heat in at least one fic, though.

Buoysel

Years

I'm seventeen. Technically a minor. ARE YOU TRYING TO KICK ME OUT OF THE ORGY? VIOLENCE! VIOLENCE, I SAY!

As for the the weather event... nope, never have. I've put oppressive heat in at least one fic, though.

No, just the minors who have yet to... well you know...

How about everyone who is not a teen.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Yay! the Lounge is live again!

AC Coda X said:
What was the very first thing you ever wrote?

A Pokemon fanfic.

I refuse to elaborate.

Oh come on :mudkip^_^: ELABORATE!!! Wanna fun.

I'd either pick England in the mid-1800's or eastern Europe in the 1700's. I've read a coupe of stories with these settings and they seem somewhat fun to write. Oh and if I wanted to go earlier in history I'd write something related to Arthurian Legend, just because I feel like it. I mean, Excalibur was a great movie.

Only some thunderstorms and other minor nuissances so far.

But I've wrote about some related things that do not exactly qualify as "weather"...

My first published fic, "Final Fantasy VI: Scalar" takes time right before and during the Apocalypse, if that can be called sever weather. I'm yet to write the final scenes and I feel it will be quite a challenge.

As for Pokémon fics, the severest natural event so far is something I should write about in Ch. 3 or 4 of "Elusive Goals"...
Spoiler:

Come on, Buoysel, age limits are a so subjective and everchanging thing. Pretty much every 12 year kid me and my cousins have to tutor, have already watched 24, The L word, ER, or Dexter... And let's remember the "coming of age" of sorts in the Pokémon world, for some bizarre reason, is 10. And that, somehow, the everpresent cliché boy/girl-to-become‑Pokémon‑trainer manages to get a hold of an Articuno as their starter. I mean ---- Come on!!!!!!!!

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Phah, how does a single year make any difference? And if we presume that a year makes no difference, its influence is therefore 0. Dark Lakitu still has six years to reach the age of majority, so thats 0x6=0. Now I have officially proved that Dark Lakitu is fully eligible to join our orgy.

Besides, the age of majority is 20 in Japan and Thailand and 21 in Argentina and Malaysia and Singapore! That makes most of us minors!

Spoiler:

Well, there's a heavy downpour in Secret People. There might also be a blizzard. All in all, I write a lot of heavy downpours in my stories, because they make such a great atmosphere. When everything sucks, it just isn't the same if the sun is shining. You've got to be soaking wet and miserably cold after losing your adoptive father *nods* otherwise you wouldn't be miserable enough.

I mean, Excalibur was a great movie.
I thought it was weird. Seriously. But the fact I watched it at school might affect my opinion. I didn't like it very much, but then again, I've seen so many movies about Arthur that I'm starting to get tired of them. Even more so when I know the most probable 'real' Arthur lived long before medieval times and would have been concidered a barbarian by Englishmen...
It's a nice story, though.
Except the part where Guinevere and Lancelot are in love.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
To An-chan: Oh geez. I don't envy you, having to walk through the snow. *hugs*

Also, uh, you're not alone in wanting to read Twilight, just to see how bad it actually is. XD

Wild West. (John Wayne is hot.)

Also, I'm fond of the American Civil War period in general.

And yes, I've considered fanfiction of all sorts involving both. One of which I've turned into an RPG. [/shameless plug]

Ever put a severe weather event in a fic?

Well, let's see. There were the couple of one-shots on my writing journal involving Seviishipping and torrential rain. (I'd post them here, but those two seem to think that torrential rain = sex.)

And then there was that one short story (that is actually on PC) in which Ash is caught in a firestorm induced by Ho-oh bringing about the apocalypse. Does that count?

Otherwise, oddly enough, no.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
@An-chan - I know all about deep snow too. I hated walking to school in two feet of snow with a temperature at less than 0 degrees Fehrenheit. I also live just close enough to the school to not get bussing... so I have to walk about two miles to get there. Thank goodness I graduated already.

I don't believe so, but I plan on creating some kind of natural disaster in one of my fictions fairly soon. You'll just have to wait to see what it is XD

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Thanks for the sympathy :laugh: I kinda forgot you live about as north as I do, POB (seriously, I still have no idea what would the Franc pronuncation for that be). I like snow, though, because it takes away the immense darkness. It's a lot more refreshing to go out and see that you have to go to school trough snow that is up to your waist high than going out and seeing it's dark and wet and chilly - again. So, I like snow, because I don't like gloomy, wet darkness. Besides, I really like making snowballs and snowmans and snow slides and whatnot. And I like it how snow absorbs all the noises...

But, I'll admit it, having to trudge trough a lot of somewhat wet snow in order to get to the local store really sucks.

On another note: the icon of Bulbagarden (the one that appears on the tab and on the address bar) is freakishly scary. Seriously. I don't know why, though, but it really scares me...

So, um, people, what do you think about the Christmas stories that start appearing about this time of year? You know, movies, books, one-shot fanfics and poems that are centered around Christmas even though it's still a month away and the Christmas stories will only be consumed around December?

Personally I wouldn't make one nor read them with great enthusiasm, but I still think it's kinda fun to read a "Christmas special" if I like the characters appearing in it. However, I think it's pretty useless to write stuff like that because it really isn't fun to read at any other time of year...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
So, um, people, what do you think about the Christmas stories that start appearing about this time of year? You know, movies, books, one-shot fanfics and poems that are centered around Christmas even though it's still a month away and the Christmas stories will only be consumed around December?

I'm personally amused by how early they're appearing. I could've sworn they came later last year, but that may just be me.

Also, I admit I get warm and fuzzy over a good Christmas story. Read: A good one. That's because I'm heavily nostalgic, and cheesy Christmas stuff basically defined my childhood. (Oh, the 90's and your lack of shame.)

I'm actually toying around with the idea of a Christmas one-shot myself. Possibly romance. Maybe seviishippy or prodigyshippy that won't turn into smut. Either way, I almost want to do something with Goldenrod City, just because it's described as being "festive" within an already bright and omghappy canon, so I imagine it to be brighter than New York on E around that time of year.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
I think that Christmas might be the only time I will ever write a poem for this forum. No, seriously, I'm actually considering it. Sadly, it won't be humorous (well, parts might be, but only for the best of reasons) but will be quite serious. I just need to decide what style I want to use. Perhaps Iambic Pentameter?

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Goldenrod is Osaka! Yay for Goldenrod! You should definitely do that one-shot, just as long as it isn't too bright. Otherwise I might have some difficulties indentifiying with their Christmas.

Spoiler:

I have to admit that I also have a soft spot for Christmas stories. I just can't stand the flood on non-original Christmas movies where a miracle always happens in the end and after that everything is happyhappy and so on. I have read some Christmas stories I've liked, but those are very few. Usually I have to stop reading them before I drown in sugar and honey. I really like reading those good ones (around December, of course: after that they're not as "valuable" anymore), but they're so hard to find.

When I was smaller, I used to make dozens of poems in December. One Christmas I even wrote a unique poem to every gift card, so that my mom had to save them, so as not to hurt my feelings xD Most of my poems were unintenationally hilarous as I've noticed afterwards. If I find one, I might try and translate it and then make your days merry by spamming the forums with those crappy poems.

They all rhymed, though, and had a relatively good rhythm. The words were just a bit... off.

Edit: POB teh ninja!

txteclipse

The Last
Years
How cliché is the "Delibird as Santa Claus" thing? I'm thinking of doing a Christmas chapter in the E.C. In other words, I get pretty stoked about most holidays.

In this book, there was this girl and this vampire boy

I knew right then that it was Twilight.

The characters in the Eon Chronicles just experienced a massive blizzard. More will ensue at later times.

Last edited:

Bay

Years

The story "Faynight's Flute" that I mention actually took place in the Crusades. I have the battles and places (I think I remember the battles took place in both France and Egypt/close to Egypt) real, but original characters, ah he. ^^; Funny thing is the way I did it is almost like the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" but the movie has both a mixture of original characters and real life people. XD

In "Nothing, Everything" there's going to be both a blizzard and rain in the latter chapters.

As for Twlight...dang, might try to read it during my winter break. XD; And speaking of holidays...heh, I'm actually considering giving e-gifts to my NE readers today, but it's because I'll be busy the rest of this week. :X

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
I just read the plot synopsis of the final book of the Twilight series (I'm never going to read anything else than the first book, if I decide to read that) and was shocked. I mean... For crying out loud! I could almost predict the next sentence of the synopsis! That Stephanie Meyer should've written fanfiction first, so people would have had the change to tell her that Mary Sues are not cool. Seriously. I'm not sure if I want to read the first book anymore.

By the way, the name "Twilight" was cleverly translated in Finnish as "Houkutus", which means 'temptation'. The link between the two words is so clear I can't but to wonder what the hell were thore translators thinking of...

Funnier yet, when my mom told me about the book, I managed to foretell how the vampire boy would look like. The guy in the movie looks exactly as I described him. Oh, man.

The following includes a spoiler (sort of):
Spoiler:

Okay, that might be enough ranting for the day. Sorry if someone absolutely loves the book and can't stand seeing it mocked. I promise you there are many stupid books I like and other people hate and make fun of. Hey, that's life.

Which of the following would you include in your fic if you had to?
1) a vampire
2) a zombie
3) a teenage mutant ninja turtle
4) a fairy
(one like Tinkerbell!)
5) a werewolf
6) a mary sue
(the most intimidating of them all!)

DGexe

Taunter
Years
1) a vampire
2) a zombie

Considering the fact that Depth Perception is part Hellsing fanfic (and anyone familiar with this manga will know that zombies and vampires-- mostly vampires-- run RAMPANT throughough the story)... yeah, it'd have both.

But, I'll step away from my latest fic-work to ramble a bit. My vampires, almost throughout any piece, would not follow... Stephanie Meyer's "vampires", if I may even call them that. Mine would follow the Dracula mythos for vampires, overall.

They would be able to walk in the sunlight, yet their powers are diminished greatly.
They could drink blood in general, but that wouldn't alter their eye color; mostly human blood would be involved when it comes to meal time.
They would fear Christian/holy symbols, have a strong distaste of garlic, and die from decapitation or a stake to the heart; wood is prefered.
--DG-Note: Werewolves, on a different subject, are apparently weak to iron as well as silver, according to which mythos you read.

They can't cross running water, nor can they survive in a new area without their coffins and earth from their home countries. Also, they can't enter homes and buildings unless invited in the first time around. After that, feel free to come and go, Mr. Vampire.
They would be able to shapeshift a la Dracula, but they might not be superman-powerful in strength. Yes, their senses and physical prowress would be higher than a human's but not insanely so.
They aren't always beautiful, godlike creatures. Their appearances would become older until they drank blood, which would revitalize their "youthful appearances" again.

And furthermore...

NO SPARKLE SPARKLE SKIN! Ugh.

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
Years
1) a vampire
2) a zombie
3) a teenage mutant ninja turtle
4) a fairy (one like Tinkerbell!)
5) a werewolf
6) a mary sue (the most intimidating of them all!)

*coughspoilercough*A zombie*cough* My my, dusty in here.

Buoysel

Years
]Which of the following would you include in your fic if you had to?
5) a werewolf
6) a mary sue (the most intimidating of them all!)

I'd probably screw up the mary sue, so I would have to go with a werewolf; He would come about as the result of a cruel trick from a legendary, by fusing a trainer and his Mightyena

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Umm... are you okay Asty?

must stay on topic

Out of those choices I'd have to say a Mary-sue (or actually Gary stu). For some time, even before DI, I've been thinking about a trainer fic about two kids traveling around one of the canon regions (I'm tired of making up places). One of the kids your normal Gary Sue: popular, easy to talk to, handsome, heroic, but the story is actually told from the perspective of his companion, who is a much more realistic character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back