• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you call the Pokémon currency?

Years
As most of us know, the currency in the Pokémon series is typically a P symbol with two strikethrough lines.
tumblr_inline_nopuuvPp891rbt5in_75sq.png

My question to you guys is: what do you call this currency? I've seen many terms used by fans - coins, PokéDollars/dollars, just 'P', money, Poké (as it's referred to in the Mystery Dungeon spinoff), yen, and more. Do you use any of these terms, or have your own? Or do you not really think about how it's said at all?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Pokedollars. Probably read it somewhere (although, likely not Bulbapedia).

Years
I always thought it was Poké(mon)Dollar ?
Don't really remember why or where I've seen it though...

Edit: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Dollar

I did read that page, and from my knowledge that's not the official term used in main series games or the anime - it's more of a fan one that's easier to remember. In the main series games it's often just called 'prize money.' Someone do correct me if I'm wrong, though!

I just use dollars since it comes more naturally for someone from the US where the currency is also called dollar, ahah. Or money. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Poke Dollar was what it was called in the anime, wasn't it? I think that's where I got it from.

Back