• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
Hi! Love your great work! Keep up with it!!!
But can i ask something?
Are all pokemons catchable?
I mean can i catch totodile,cyndaquil and chicorita? or later squirtle,bulbasaur and charmander?
YUP all of your mentioned pokes are obtainable in the game.. so plaese do play it and also support this hack for the sake of appreciating the hardwork of the creator and owners of this hack...:bandit:

I started again playing this hack and I am gonna give you guys details about my team throughout the game end.. just like i did on another hack..I am currently in Goldenrod City...
Beated FALKNER with:
Lv 14 Poliwag
Lv 18 Geodude
Lv 15 Chikorita

Beated BUGSY with:
Lv 24 Geodude
Lv 21 Poliwag
Lv 19 Bayleef

(If someone is interested.. I will also add attacks of my team...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2022
YUP all of your mentioned pokes are obtainable in the game.. so plaese do play it and also support this hack for the sake of appreciating the hardwork of the creator and owners of this hack...:bandit:

I started again playing this hack and I am gonna give you guys details about my team throughout the game end.. just like i did on another hack..I am currently in Goldenrod City...
Beated FALKNER with:
Lv 14 Poliwag
Lv 18 Geodude
Lv 15 Chikorita

Beated BUGSY with:
Lv 24 Geodude
Lv 21 Poliwag
Lv 19 Bayleef

(If someone is interested.. I will also add attacks of my team...)

Thanky you very much for your answer man! Looking forward to play the game and also support it! ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
I wonder when I can catch the Articuno in my game, as I had placed the flute on the pedestral on the outlying island, and Have caught the Suicune, however, when i go to the supposed cave in the ice path where articuno lives, i found nothing.

Is there any condition for articuno to be present? or i am just out of luck, and had to restart my game?

Years
Update Time...

Beated Whitney with:
lv 27 graveler
lv 26 poliwhirl
lv 24 kadabra
lv 24 bayleef
lv 15 oddish(hm slave)

Beated Morty with:
lv 32 kadabra
lv 27 bayleef
lv 28 graveler
lv 28 poliwhirl
lv 15 oddish (hm slave)

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
Yay I just got past the E4! :D My awesome team that nobody really cares about:

lvl 57 Kingler
lvl 58 Mightyena
lvl 59 Ampharos
lvl 59 Golduck
lvl 59 Typhlosion
lvl 60 Salamence

Now Kanto! :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
But, you dont have any pokemon platinum like the original one, or diamond, pearl, nathing? just the light platinum?? :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2020
question Laz. are you currently thinking about the beta 4? because pokemon liquid crystal was absolutely the best pokemon game of all time, its a game i want to play all the time with minor bugs like game freezes now/then or bad egg or doesnt redrict u so on. but absolutely fantastic work. im ust very eager to play ittrhought the orange islands and maybe beat the gym a third stage along with all the gyms in kanto and red aswell. all hands o the desk this is a game i would get my wallet up from the dashboard in my car and pay up to play.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
But, you dont have any pokemon platinum like the original one, or diamond, pearl, nathing? just the light platinum?? :(
*sigh*... you are in the wrong thread. This is about Liquid Crystal, which has nothing to do with Light Platinum. I've seen your recent posts and I can tell you're new here, and even though you could ask anything without sounding like a *****ing kid, here's everything you want to know:

-No, there is no remake of the DS gen games for GBA yet.
-There is no hack with every poke gen AND original maps at the same time.
-Yes, every hack you find will have something different from the original games.
-Life is not a picnic.

You could know all these things just by doing a little reading on the emulation forum.

Years
Another UPDATE:
Beated Chuck with:
lv 34 Meganium
Lv 32 Graveler
Lv 31 Poliwhirl
Lv 37 Kadabra
Lv 20 Sudowoodo (HM SLAVE)

Beated Jasmine with:
Lv 30 Shelgon
Lv 31 Poliwhirl
Lv 34 Graveler
Lv 37 Kadabra
Lv 35 Meganium
Lv 15 Oddish (HM SLAVE)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I'm sorry man, but i am not expert in pokemon, and i'm new in that forum, i searched many hacks, but i don't have problem with the changes of one pokemon to other, but i don't like to play created maps, and i jus quested, i'm sorry for the off topic, and i'm sorry for any problem. and i love thar game, and i found one bug, in last gym the leader is black rectangle.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
I wonder when I can catch the Articuno in my game, as I had placed the flute on the pedestral on the outlying island, and Have caught the Suicune, however, when i go to the supposed cave in the ice path where articuno lives, i found nothing.

Is there any condition for articuno to be present? or i am just out of luck, and had to restart my game?

You can't catch it (or the others) yet. There's a looot of story before you will be able...

About Axel and the Special HQ, is the text about "finding people to recruit" that "may be training in hidden areas" a real "quest" or it has nothing to do with anything? If it is a quest, can anybody help with this? I have absolutely no clue what to do.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
the pedestals on outskirt island are not there for me i have the 3 flute and im not sure what to do

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2016
the pedestals on outskirt island are not there for me i have the 3 flute and im not sure what to do

Try running around the area, or take a walk around the whole region, I'm not sure. I had the same problem and after like 2 hours of walking around, battling, catching, exploring caves and such they finally appeared. There's also a professor after you leave Ilex Forest on the way to Goldenrod City which stands on a beach, behind the fence on the left which tells something about pillars. Maybe talking to him will solve the problem. But I can't guarantee he'll be there as I haven't checked that area before.

Also I have a question. I'm sorry if I'm repeating question about catching Rayquaza but I just can't seem to find it. I caught Kyogre, Groudon and all other available legendaries, found ruby, sapphire and meteorite and every time I try to get past infinite stairs, I can't. Can someone explain to me how to get past them? Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe I still need to do something find it?

Plus I found few bugs.
1. When fishing in Silver Cave with any rod wild "???????????" appears, every time.
2. Sometimes PokeDex entries of Pokemon you saw/caught disappear leaving empty space as if you never seen it. Seeing that Pokemon in battle fixes it though.
3. When you're talking to the lady which tells you about evolution Pokemon (Cianwood City), a "Bad Egg" replaces 1 of my Pokemons in PC box 2 (at least in my case, I have almost 5 boxes filled). It only appears when she explains how a Pokemon evolves, when talking to her without selecting any doesn't cause this bug.
4. In Cianwood City, in a small area where you find Suicune, your character freezes when you try to enter it. It didn't happen to me when I was chasing after it though, but long after I caught it. I'm attaching screenshot since I can't post a link.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Myself and Linkandzelda are making one called Platinum Origins, but it is only in the very early stages of production, nowhere near ready for any sort of release or even a preview.

Sounds good and I would definitely be willing to play it, but it seems as if that would be extremely challenging to make. Custom sprites for all the 4th gen pokemon, all of the new moves, plus animations for those moves? Whoo, boy... But you could probably manage it (It would take a few years, of course). After all, you guys already have the physical/special split working in LC, so that's one thing out of the way. I would imagine that the Poketch from D/P/Pt would not be included, but that's fine, as most of the functions were largely superficial anyway. The Pokenav was much better IMO.

Since you were able to put both Johto and Kanto in this one, wouldn't you be able to put Hoenn into Platinum Origins? (I seem to hear a LOT of people asking about whether Hoenn is in Liquid Crystal which, naturally, it isn't.) It would be interesting to revisit Hoenn and see how it has changed in the years following the story. Perhaps it has undergone some rapid growth and thus some places (like Slateport) are now large cities. The Battle Frontier also presents an excellent opportunity to fight legendary trainers from the pokemon universe, such as Red from Gen1, Steven from Gen3, or even Yellow or Ruby from the Pokemon manga. There are a lot of possibilities. Of course, if you decided to do this, then it'd be easier if you were using a R/S/E rom. Doing that would make both Liquid Crystal and Platinum Origins THE definitive "main story remake" pokemon hacks out there.

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to do this, or even that you have to make it in the first place. Who knows? You might get tired of making Pokemon hacks along the way or maybe have too many demands on your time. Happens all the time.

But the main thing now is to finish LC, right? A few minor touch-ups here and there, the inclusion of the pokegear, and you've pretty much got a finished product.

Great work so far, though! Can't wait to see what you guys will cook up next!

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Hello All, im brand new here. But came here strictly for LC! I was wondering, i've found a guide for Beta 2, but have been unable to find a guide for Beta 3.1.

Are there so many changes from Beta 2 to 3.1 that a new guide would be required?

Have pokemon locations changed from Beta 2 to Beta 3.1? (My main reason for asking this, is i can't find Swablu on Rt 31 which is what the Beta 2 guide says for his location)

Which generation are the skill sets by level based on? I know (or at least think i do) that this was built off of the FR rom, but from what i understand some of the map layouts are from previous Gens?

Other than that, man does it take so much longer to lvl up in this one vers FR! I have a base FR rom im playing also, and my skills seem to less damage in LC, as well as the pokemon in LC seem to utilize status effects much more often. Im guessing this is all by design?

Thanks for your time, and patience. I would try and read through all this to find the info im seeking, but i have one eye that is drastically weaker than the other and reading for extended lengths of time anymore gives me massive headaches. So before im flamed for not being good at research, please understand why.

Again, Thanks for your time :)

Years
Yo You all...

Many people above mentioned not finding a pedestal and then another said he found after a long time.. You guys must know that as the game uses Real Time clock, these events are time related and open up for you after a specific time.. so you must activate and event when its time comes other wise you would not be able to access that event yet.. I hope you guys understood what I am trying to saying..

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Yo You all...

Many people above mentioned not finding a pedestal and then another said he found after a long time.. You guys must know that as the game uses Real Time clock, these events are time related and open up for you after a specific time.. so you must activate and event when its time comes other wise you would not be able to access that event yet.. I hope you guys understood what I am trying to saying..

I actually don't think the pedestals are clock-related, more like script related.

To the guy who asked about the pedestals: on Route 34, behind the fence, on a beach, should be a guy (with glasses and a white lab coat), who says, that strange pillars popped out of the ground. Then you can go to Outskirt and place the flutes there. Of course, You are only less than half way through the game then, and You won't be able to find them yet. If the guy isn't there, then You haven't progressed through the story enough.

Reposting: About Axel and the Special HQ, is the text about "finding people to recruit" that "may be training in hidden areas" a real "quest" or it has nothing to do with anything? If it is a quest, can anybody help me with this? I have absolutely no clue what to do and where to go...

Years
I have a problem that I was hoping somebody would be able to help me with. I am playing the 3.1 BETA on NO$GBA and whenever I try to look at the status screens of any Pokemon my game goes into a black screen! (The music is still playing in the background however.) Has anybody else encountered this problem? Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance! :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
I have a problem that I was hoping somebody would be able to help me with. I am playing the 3.1 BETA on NO$GBA and whenever I try to look at the status screens of any Pokemon my game goes into a black screen! (The music is still playing in the background however.) Has anybody else encountered this problem? Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance! :)

You should use VBA, other emulators have confirmed incompatibilities.

Reposting: About Axel and the Special HQ, is the text about "finding people to recruit" that "may be training in hidden areas" a real "quest" or it has nothing to do with anything? If it is a quest, can anybody help me with this? I have absolutely no clue what to do and where to go...

Fullgear46

Sky Tamer
Years
I was wondering does the required emulator work on mac?

Nevermind it doesnt but is there a version of vba for mac that will work with the game i cant change the clock and the sound wont work for your game a shame though seems cool though limited without the working clock function

Last edited:
Back