• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
like i didn't tried to recompile. I recompiled data a lot of times, don't you have any other ideas?!??

There aren't "any other ideas", because compiling your game is how you get the data file. That's the answer. If compiling isn't working then you either don't actually know how to compile your game and you just think you are, or you installed the plugin improperly.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
I'm able to put Necrozma's specific Z-Crystal to each of their forms, and use it in battle, but when equipping it at first it says that it will not be able to use it.
It is just the message saying I cannot use it, everything else works fine.
https://imgur.com/a/E1rZ0vv

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I'm able to put Necrozma's specific Z-Crystal to each of their forms, and use it in battle, but when equipping it at first it says that it will not be able to use it.
It is just the message saying I cannot use it, everything else works fine.
https://imgur.com/a/E1rZ0vv

Yup, exactly as intended. This message plays for any Z-Crystal equipped to a species that cannot naturally use that Z-Move. Dawn Wings and Dusk Mane Necrozma cannot use Light That Burns The Sky, only Ultra Necrozma can. Thus, you get this message.

It might be slightly misleading, but its not honestly worth changing all the text around just for this one small thing.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
Yup, exactly as intended. This message plays for any Z-Crystal equipped to a species that cannot naturally use that Z-Move. Dawn Wings and Dusk Mane Necrozma cannot use Light That Burns The Sky, only Ultra Necrozma can. Thus, you get this message.

It might be slightly misleading, but its not honestly worth changing all the text around just for this one small thing.

Ohhh, that makes sense when you word it like that. Since they aren't technically the 'Ultra' form.
Thanks for replying!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Ohhh, that makes sense when you word it like that. Since they aren't technically the 'Ultra' form.
Thanks for replying!

Right. If you could somehow have Ultra Necrozma in your party outside of battle to equip the Z-Crystal, then you wouldn't get this message. It's just that that isn't ever possible during normal gameplay, since Ultra Necrozma is a battle-only form under normal gameplay conditions.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Something with the Max Raid Dens' configuration doesn't quite sit right with me...

In Sword/Shield, you enter Max Raid Dens from the Wild Area (or similar areas in DLC zones). While in the general area of the Wild Area, you cannot Dynamax. However, this does not prevent the Max Raid Dens from functioning, which is how it is set up in this plugin. (if DMAX_ANYMAP is enabled, the Den works correctly but then I can Dynamax everywhere. if it is disabled, then the Den does not function, though I correctly can't Dynamax in the rest of the area as well. Similar results with Power Spots.)

It would be counterintuitive to have to transport the player to a completely different map just to access a Max Raid Den, no?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Something with the Max Raid Dens' configuration doesn't quite sit right with me...

In Sword/Shield, you enter Max Raid Dens from the Wild Area (or similar areas in DLC zones). While in the general area of the Wild Area, you cannot Dynamax. However, this does not prevent the Max Raid Dens from functioning, which is how it is set up in this plugin. (if DMAX_ANYMAP is enabled, the Den works correctly but then I can Dynamax everywhere. if it is disabled, then the Den does not function, though I correctly can't Dynamax in the rest of the area as well. Similar results with Power Spots.)

It would be counterintuitive to have to transport the player to a completely different map just to access a Max Raid Den, no?

I figured what people would do to simulate this is put the raid dens on a Dynamax-capable map, and then just use the NO_DYNAMAX switch to toggle the functionality on/off when in/out of the dens.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
I figured what people would do to simulate this is put the raid dens on a Dynamax-capable map, and then just use the NO_DYNAMAX switch to toggle the functionality on/off when in/out of the dens.

Ah, that makes sense. I was somewhat tired when i was trying it out last night, my apologies; though I wonder if the code could be altered to simply allow Dynamaxing while in a Max Raid battle regardless of the map's support for it otherwise (seeing as Max Raid Dens have to be placed by the developer anyway, I think it's pretty reasonable to infer that they're supposed to function where they're placed, seeing as there's not really any way to dynamically change Power Spots mid-game (in an elegant manner, anyway); thus removing the need for such a workaround)

The main issue I could see arising is Eternamax, and how it should be handled, but perhaps Eterna Spots stay the same.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
I just updated to ZUD plugin latest version then got this problem. How should I solve it?

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
[ZUD Compatibilities] UI Fight.rb:208:in `initialize'

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I just updated to ZUD plugin latest version then got this problem. How should I solve it?

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:

By deleting all the duplicate scripts? You have multiple instances for some reason.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Ah, that makes sense. I was somewhat tired when i was trying it out last night, my apologies; though I wonder if the code could be altered to simply allow Dynamaxing while in a Max Raid battle regardless of the map's support for it otherwise (seeing as Max Raid Dens have to be placed by the developer anyway, I think it's pretty reasonable to infer that they're supposed to function where they're placed, seeing as there's not really any way to dynamically change Power Spots mid-game (in an elegant manner, anyway); thus removing the need for such a workaround)

The main issue I could see arising is Eternamax, and how it should be handled, but perhaps Eterna Spots stay the same.

Im pretty sure there was a reason why I didnt do it this way and settled on how I did things, but I forget. A lot of things are just hold overs from how I originally built the scripts back in Essentials v17.2 that just got carried over through the iterations. Ill take another look at it though, im sure im more code savvy now to work around whatever roadblock that was originally in my way.

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen May 17, 2022
Q: I don't get how to set up a Max Raid Den. Can you give me an example?
A: I've provided tons of examples of how to do this already. If the ones provided here aren't enough for you, check the v18.1 ZUD thread, there's probably over a dozen more listed there, too. The method hasn't changed since then other than using ID's for Habitats/Field conditions now, instead of numbers. If you can't figure it out after being shown 100 examples, idk what difference there will be in me showing you 101 examples.

;_____;

I've been using a lot of these scripts to practice, learning this PE environment and first of all thank you to all of you who do these things. I feel like I've learned so much.
Currently, I'm only having one problem I haven't figured out so far. I was hoping that someone can point me in the direction of what's wrong. I usually can figure out where to look or at least have an idea, but I frankly don't know what I'm looking at right now.
Everything I've gotten to work except Max Raid Dens. I tried it out on a map and I can get it to choose the pokemon (ask save> show silhouette/party select sreen>go to battle)
Everything goes swell up until after ... ... ... !" - it crashes with the following error.
This could be totally unrelated but I just need a point to research from and I PROFUSELY apologize if this is something incredibly obvious, although I would be happy as well.

tl;dr everything but max raid den works wat am i dooin wronge!!!1
Spoiler:

I haven't changed any settings that I know of regarding this specifically. The dynamax adventures and Gmax wild battle I have nearby are working fine but this seems to blow up when it tries to get(?) generate(?) or create(?) x pokemon. It seems to happen with any species (I have tried many combos of the examples as well as changing wild encounters to force say a diglett or something random to be the only thing in the pool). At least from what I gathered, I suppose I have something misconfigured or maybe it's trying to call caterpie in this case, is that possible? I dunno.

Anyways hopefully that narrows it down and someone can let me know, thank you regardless for reading and I apologize for the bother.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Q: I don't get how to set up a Max Raid Den. Can you give me an example?
A: I've provided tons of examples of how to do this already. If the ones provided here aren't enough for you, check the v18.1 ZUD thread, there's probably over a dozen more listed there, too. The method hasn't changed since then other than using ID's for Habitats/Field conditions now, instead of numbers. If you can't figure it out after being shown 100 examples, idk what difference there will be in me showing you 101 examples.

;_____;

I've been using a lot of these scripts to practice, learning this PE environment and first of all thank you to all of you who do these things. I feel like I've learned so much.
Currently, I'm only having one problem I haven't figured out so far. I was hoping that someone can point me in the direction of what's wrong. I usually can figure out where to look or at least have an idea, but I frankly don't know what I'm looking at right now.
Everything I've gotten to work except Max Raid Dens. I tried it out on a map and I can get it to choose the pokemon (ask save> show silhouette/party select sreen>go to battle)
Everything goes swell up until after ... ... ... !" - it crashes with the following error.
This could be totally unrelated but I just need a point to research from and I PROFUSELY apologize if this is something incredibly obvious, although I would be happy as well.

tl;dr everything but max raid den works wat am i dooin wronge!!!1
Spoiler:

I haven't changed any settings that I know of regarding this specifically. The dynamax adventures and Gmax wild battle I have nearby are working fine but this seems to blow up when it tries to get(?) generate(?) or create(?) x pokemon. It seems to happen with any species (I have tried many combos of the examples as well as changing wild encounters to force say a diglett or something random to be the only thing in the pool). At least from what I gathered, I suppose I have something misconfigured or maybe it's trying to call caterpie in this case, is that possible? I dunno.

Anyways hopefully that narrows it down and someone can let me know, thank you regardless for reading and I apologize for the bother.

Have you tried making different Max Raid dens on different tiles/maps? Or are you testing this by re-using the same event and just altering it over and over? I've seen people report this same error from time to time, and although I've never been able to replicate it myself, my suspicion is that it's being caused from having faulty raid species data saved to an event that has been heavily re-edited several times and saved at different points. If an event has a raid species saved to it, then it doesn't matter what species you inputted (Caterpie, in this case), the den will always try to load the saved species first. And if somehow that species was saved as "nil" (not sure how or why that would occur through normal gameplay), then it'll try to load that.

Try these trouble shooting options first:
1) Manually force-reset the raid den. This is done in Debug mode by opening the entry screen for a raid, and holding the CTRL key when selecting to exit the den. Then re-enter the den again. This will erase any saved raid species, and reset the den as if it's being accessed for the first time.
2) Make a new den using a different Event number, and set up a basic, no-frills den (just pbMaxRaid, no extra arguments). See if this gives you the same error.
3) If all else fails, try starting a new game to wipe any faulty data entirely, and see if you still get the same error.

My suspicion is that one or all of these things will work. If not, I have no clue what's wrong.

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen May 17, 2022
I see, I'll definitely try all of those things. I've been trying on different events but they may have been copied at some point and reused so I will take that into consideration.
update:
I've tried everything (and tried it again anyways) and nothing. I'm sure it's some configuration change somehow in some data file from some plugin. For how many I've mixed together, this is the one error I'm having. I think I can manage without it for now. Thank you for your help. Here's what happens if I attempt to use debug mode to skip the battle. I'll have to look into this further when it's not 2am
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I see, I'll definitely try all of those things. I've been trying on different events but they may have been copied at some point and reused so I will take that into consideration.
update:
I've tried everything (and tried it again anyways) and nothing. I'm sure it's some configuration change somehow in some data file from some plugin. For how many I've mixed together, this is the one error I'm having. I think I can manage without it for now. Thank you for your help. Here's what happens if I attempt to use debug mode to skip the battle. I'll have to look into this further when it's not 2am
Spoiler:

I'm really shocked none of that solved it. However, the error you provided basically proves my theory correct - for whatever reason, the "stored Pokemon" that the event is trying to access isn't being saved as a Pokemon object, but instead as a number. It's trying to load an icon sprite for (assumingly) a species number instead of an actual Pokemon. I may have some vague idea as to why, but what I don't get is why I have never encountered this problem myself even after installing ZUD like 30+ different times on different iterations and combinations of Essentials/Hotfixes/Gen8/EBDX/ZUD during its development. There must be something extremely specific you and others who've reported this issue are doing or set up that I just never thought to do. So that makes it really difficult to troubleshoot and fix a bug that I have never been able to produce myself.

However, I'm going to go over the Max Raid event script thoroughly for the next update and see what can be ironed out and simplified. Like I mentioned to another poster, these scripts have a lot of hold over stuff that have just been passed along over the years with each iteration simply because "hey it works, why mess with it?". So there's definitely ways I could probably optimize things that I know how to do now that I didn't then. Maybe in the process I'll inadvertently fix the small loophole that is causing this in certain situations.

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen May 17, 2022
I appreciate the response, I was afraid to ask because I didn't want to seem like another one of those "I DEFINITELY TRIED IT" types who clearly didn't read the instructions.
I'll have to look, maybe it's something to do with my naming conventions. This at least gives me an idea to look.
As for specific changes to it just for your references: (to ZUD only here)
Spoiler:

Could be unrelated but I'm going to set it back to complete defaults, (maybe turn counter was too high, just a side thought) as well as check over my folders. I guess my main thought is that I could have potentially differently named sprites,etc. Although I still can't understand what exactly is the issue in that error report. Is it specifically this part where things went wonky?
>[ZUD Plugin] Pokemon Bitmaps & Icons.rb:100:in `setPokemonBitmap'
Also just fyi I do have it (DMAX_ANYMAP = true) because I couldn't figure out how to apply it to the specific map (Although I really didn't try that hard so I'll do that too and see). I'll try all configurations of TRUE/FALSE for Candmaxwild+dmaxanymap

Hopefully any of the above can provide insight and either way, thank you again.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I appreciate the response, I was afraid to ask because I didn't want to seem like another one of those "I DEFINITELY TRIED IT" types who clearly didn't read the instructions.
I'll have to look, maybe it's something to do with my naming conventions. This at least gives me an idea to look.
As for specific changes to it just for your references: (to ZUD only here)
Spoiler:

Could be unrelated but I'm going to set it back to complete defaults, (maybe turn counter was too high, just a side thought) as well as check over my folders. I guess my main thought is that I could have potentially differently named sprites,etc. Although I still can't understand what exactly is the issue in that error report. Is it specifically this part where things went wonky?
>[ZUD Plugin] Pokemon Bitmaps & Icons.rb:100:in `setPokemonBitmap'
Also just fyi I do have it (DMAX_ANYMAP = true) because I couldn't figure out how to apply it to the specific map (Although I really didn't try that hard so I'll do that too and see). I'll try all configurations of TRUE/FALSE for Candmaxwild+dmaxanymap

Hopefully any of the above can provide insight and either way, thank you again.

I dont think any of those settings are the problem, tbh. The problem appears to be with getting the correct species for the den. Like you said, Dynamax Adventures and everything else work fine, so it isnt the battle code or anything like that. We can narrow it down specifically to species generation for the den events themselves. Im curious what causes it though, i wonder if the problem would persist for you on a fresh installation of Essentials v19.1?

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen May 17, 2022
I'll try out a brand new fresh plugin-less version here in a few minutes (except what I need to install this obviously. )

By the by, the only other thing that "didn't" work so far is max turns can't go above 25 it seems just a side note for ex if I set it to 45 or 99 or 999999(lol just kidding), it will always say 25. I didn't look if there's a cap somewhere yet because it didn't seem to affect anything besides the display.

edit:
On a fresh install it works fine. (19.1, ZUD, 19.1 hot fixes)
This used only the vanilla essentials folder obviously so quite a few things weren't moved over like previously.
I'll compare them more thoroughly later

plugins in other version + Gen8Project
000 ZUD Compatibilities
DiegoWT's Starter Selection (unused)
Elite Battle DX
Following Pokemon EX
Luka's Scripting Utilities
Marin's Map Exporter
Marin's Scripting Utilities
Random Pokemon Selector (unused)
Tileset Rearranger
Trade Expert
v19.1 Hotfixes
Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding
Voltseon's Pause Menu
ZUD Plugin

I would guess it can be narrowed down to one or more or a combination of
ZUD
EBDX
FollowingPkmn
Gen8pr

I guess mayhaps one or more of these changed names or something similar in a way I didn't account for. I'll look into it more obviously but there's that. I could be totally off base as well but I'm willing to look anyways.

These conclusions I came to because none of the others change anything in this regard (As far as I'm aware) as well as noting that I have added other trainers spites, for example but not changed any names or really much of anything else yet as well as using only a basic tileset (essentially it's the pokemon essentials basics + a custom tileset that's just those basics on one page) so I can't imagine I've personally changed anything in that regard aside from the aforementioned plugins and their settings.

I will also double check that I have all script edits properly set up on the non-fresh edition

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I'll try out a brand new fresh plugin-less version here in a few minutes (except what I need to install this obviously. )

By the by, the only other thing that "didn't" work so far is max turns can't go above 25 it seems just a side note for ex if I set it to 45 or 99 or 999999(lol just kidding), it will always say 25. I didn't look if there's a cap somewhere yet because it didn't seem to affect anything besides the display.

edit:
On a fresh install it works fine. (19.1, ZUD, 19.1 hot fixes)
This used only the vanilla essentials folder obviously so quite a few things weren't moved over like previously.
I'll compare them more thoroughly later

plugins in other version + Gen8Project
000 ZUD Compatibilities
DiegoWT's Starter Selection (unused)
Elite Battle DX
Following Pokemon EX
Luka's Scripting Utilities
Marin's Map Exporter
Marin's Scripting Utilities
Random Pokemon Selector (unused)
Tileset Rearranger
Trade Expert
v19.1 Hotfixes
Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding
Voltseon's Pause Menu
ZUD Plugin

I would guess it can be narrowed down to one or more or a combination of
ZUD
EBDX
FollowingPkmn
Gen8pr

I guess mayhaps one or more of these changed names or something similar in a way I didn't account for. I'll look into it more obviously but there's that. I could be totally off base as well but I'm willing to look anyways.

These conclusions I came to because none of the others change anything in this regard (As far as I'm aware) as well as noting that I have added other trainers spites, for example but not changed any names or really much of anything else yet as well as using only a basic tileset (essentially it's the pokemon essentials basics + a custom tileset that's just those basics on one page) so I can't imagine I've personally changed anything in that regard aside from the aforementioned plugins and their settings.

I will also double check that I have all script edits properly set up on the non-fresh edition

Well I know already that neither Gen 8 or EBDX are the problem, as I've worked with both extensively, and have never had this issue occur with either or those installed. As far as everything else however - I don't know. I've never tested ZUD with any of the other plugins you listed. If any of those scripts utilize a game switch number 500+ though, there may be some conflicts there (though even then, highly unlikely).

Also, the script edits are unlikely to be causing any issues, as the Max Raid event scripts are all fairly self-contained, and don't really utilize any of the edits to function.

And as far as the Max Raid turn counter goes, yes, it's hard-coded to cap at 25 turns. There's also a minimum turn count of 5. Your settings are just ignored if you set it to something out of bounds between those two. And while I'm at it, the KO counter is capped between 1-6, and Shields are capped between 1-8.

Back