• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    I really enjoy using this script and i'm curious if you can create your own movesets for pokemon in dynamax adventures similar to how the official games have pre-determined movesets or if it's all just random.

Years
    • Seen today
    I really enjoy using this script and i'm curious if you can create your own movesets for pokemon in dynamax adventures similar to how the official games have pre-determined movesets or if it's all just random.

Its randomized out of a specific pool of moves for each species. This is mostly because i didnt want to have to manually make up movesets for every species in the game. Its way easier to just have it automated.

With that being said, there is a method named pbCustomRaidSets found in the Max Raid Utilities script where you can manually customize everything about a specific species found in Max Raids/Adventures. Anything you input there will override the default randomized traits of a species. I use this to ensure things like Zygarde will always have Power Construct when encountered in raids, or as an extra redundancy to make sure Rotom forms always carry their exclusive moves.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update!
    This plugin has been updated to v1.1.2

Minor Fixes:
    • The Pokedex will now properly display the footprint icon of a G-Max species. A footprint graphic must be added first, however, for it to be displayed for that species. Footprint graphics for G-Max species should use the same naming convention as all other G-Max graphics (ex. CHARIZARD_gmax).

ZUD Compatibilities
    • The ZUD Compatibilities plugin has been updated to v1.1. It now contains patches to allow for compatibility with the BW Pokedex plugin.
    • Moved the ZUD Compatibilities plugin into the Primary Installation folder. You no longer have to fiddle with removing compatibility patches manually, the plugin will simply detect if patches should be applied and add them. Otherwise, they will be ignored. This should make the installation process easier, since you can now just drag and drop this into the plugins folder and never have to think about it again.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update!
    This plugin has been updated to v1.1.3.
    I apologize for the back to back updates recently, but this should be the last one for a while, since there's nothing else I want to address unless something new is brought to my attention. This update is only really relevant if you're using EBDX, or other third party plugins together with ZUD.

Change log:
    • Further improved how patches for third party plugins are handled. It should now ensure that all patches for third party plugins are only ever considered if that particular plugin is present.

• Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when using a Z-Move with vanilla Essentials.

• Fixed a visual bug with EBDX where a Transformed Pokemon may revert to its original sprite after Dynamax ends, instead of retaining the copied sprite.

• Added an array of Z-Crystals in the Settings. You must add any custom Z-Crystal items you create to this array for the item to be recognized as a Z-Crystal.

• Added built-in compatibility with FL's Advance Pokedex script. This includes cross-compatibility with the BW Pokedex plugin as well, so both plugins can work in tandem with ZUD whether one or the other is installed, or both. You'll have to adjust the visuals for the Advance Pokedex script yourself however, if you plan on using it together with the BW Pokedex style.

• Updated EBDX Compatibility so that battles no longer begin with a zoomed out camera if Dynamax is available. Instead, the camera will zoom out only while there is a Dynamaxed Pokemon in play, and then return to normal afterwards. People have been complaining about the EBDX camera with ZUD, so I tinkered with it and figured out a better way to implement this. It's still not perfect, however, so you'll have to fiddle with the EBDX metrics to make it look exactly how you want. But at least now the camera will only be adjusted while Dynamax is actually in play, and not at all times.

Note: If there are any other popular third party scripts that seem to have compatibility issues with ZUD, feel free to let me know. I may include patches for it in a future update if I feel it's worthwhile.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    i would like to ask a bit about where i can change the size of these gmax pokemon. it seems too big for the screen. specifically I want it to be the same size as normal pokemon.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/Nppju8A
    If youre not using EBDX, you can turn off Dynamax sprite scaling in the settings. If you are using EBDX, then youll have to do a lot more fiddling. I havent provided a toggle for that yet.

Years
  • If youre not using EBDX, you can turn off Dynamax sprite scaling in the settings. If you are using EBDX, then youll have to do a lot more fiddling. I havent provided a toggle for that yet.

Thanks for your help. Looks like not having EDBX installed helps me a lot. hopefully there will be more tutorials for those who have installed it

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for your help. Looks like not having EDBX installed helps me a lot. hopefully there will be more tutorials for those who have installed it

Its less necessary, because the camera that EBDX uses can automatically zoom out to fit the larger sprites on screen. So i felt less compelled to include a toggle.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update!
    This plugin has been updated to v1.1.3.
    I apologize for the back to back updates recently, but this should be the last one for a while, since there's nothing else I want to address unless something new is brought to my attention. This update is only really relevant if you're using EBDX, or other third party plugins together with ZUD.

Change log:
    • Further improved how patches for third party plugins are handled. It should now ensure that all patches for third party plugins are only ever considered if that particular plugin is present.

• Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when using a Z-Move with vanilla Essentials.

• Fixed a visual bug with EBDX where a Transformed Pokemon may revert to its original sprite after Dynamax ends, instead of retaining the copied sprite.

• Added an array of Z-Crystals in the Settings. You must add any custom Z-Crystal items you create to this array for the item to be recognized as a Z-Crystal.

• Added built-in compatibility with FL's Advance Pokedex script. This includes cross-compatibility with the BW Pokedex plugin as well, so both plugins can work in tandem with ZUD whether one or the other is installed, or both. You'll have to adjust the visuals for the Advance Pokedex script yourself however, if you plan on using it together with the BW Pokedex style.

• Updated EBDX Compatibility so that battles no longer begin with a zoomed out camera if Dynamax is available. Instead, the camera will zoom out only while there is a Dynamaxed Pokemon in play, and then return to normal afterwards. People have been complaining about the EBDX camera with ZUD, so I tinkered with it and figured out a better way to implement this. It's still not perfect, however, so you'll have to fiddle with the EBDX metrics to make it look exactly how you want. But at least now the camera will only be adjusted while Dynamax is actually in play, and not at all times.

Note: If there are any other popular third party scripts that seem to have compatibility issues with ZUD, feel free to let me know. I may include patches for it in a future update if I feel it's worthwhile.

How about commonAnimation for undynamax...without EBDX all works fine...after battle use dynamax mode with EBDX, getting encountered error about common animation for Undynamax...

NeoPlayerX

Julie_Haru
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    Hello!
    Im using ZUD with EBDX, and every time that I enter in a battle, I get this warning in console:

Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 079:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/raidshieldbar
    WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/raidshieldbar' was not found!
    Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 079:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/raidshieldhp
    WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/raidshieldhp' was not found!
    Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 079:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/symUltra
    WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/symUltra' was not found!
    Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 079:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/symDynamax
    WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/symDynamax' was not found!
    Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 079:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/raidshieldbar
    WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/raidshieldbar' was not found!
    Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 079:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/raidshieldhp
    WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/raidshieldhp' was not found!
    Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 079:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/symUltra
    WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/symUltra' was not found!
    Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 079:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/symDynamax
    WARN: Image located at 'Graphics/EBDX/Pictures/UI/symDynamax' was not found!

I need to make my own resources to fit those files, or these files are missing from anywhere?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello!
    Im using ZUD with EBDX, and every time that I enter in a battle, I get this warning in console:

I need to make my own resources to fit those files, or these files are missing from anywhere?

These files were accidentally excluded with my last upload. Download the plugin again, they should now be included in the Secondary Installation folder.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I really dont understand what any of this means.

Sorry for that,
    I mean..
    I getting error with commonAnimation("undynamax") in ZUD battler checks scripts section after installing ebdx latest version on my fangame..
    Are you have a alternative way to fix this or I make a new common animation for undynamax in animation editor?
    Thank you...

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry for that,
    I mean..
    I getting error with commonAnimation("undynamax") in ZUD battler checks scripts section after installing ebdx latest version on my fangame..
    Are you have a alternative way to fix this or I make a new common animation for undynamax in animation editor?
    Thank you...

Oh, I see. It appears the method pbCommonAnimationExists? is exclusive to the Gen 8 Project, so you must not have the Gen 8 Project installed. I've updated the plugin scripts to fix this issue so that it won't appear anymore in vanilla Essentials.

NeoPlayerX

Julie_Haru
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    These files were accidentally excluded with my last upload. Download the plugin again, they should now be included in the Secondary Installation folder.

Thank you very much for the answer!
    But now I've seen another issue!
    When I enter in a battle in safari zone, i get this message even before the battle starts.

cu.png

I'm using ZUD with EBDX.

Years
    • Seen today
    Thank you very much for the answer!
    But now I've seen another issue!
    When I enter in a battle in safari zone, i get this message even before the battle starts.

cu.png

I'm using ZUD with EBDX.

Ok I see. I'm going to release one last update in a second that fixes this, along with several other issues I spotted. Hopefully this will be the last update I need to release for a while lol.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update!
    This plugin has been updated to v1.1.4.
    Yes, another update. Sorry for the inconvenience. Several new issues have come to my attention that needed fixing.

Change Log:
    • Added missing metrics for Gen 7 Pokemon in ZUD_Metrics (for Vanilla Essentials).
    • Undid a change in the previous update that added an array of Z-Crystals to the ZUD Settings script. This caused unintended issues, so I'm moving it back to [002]Data Additions/Item Handlers, where it was initially.
    • Fixed a bug in ZUD Compatibilities that would cause a crash in the Safari Zone while using EBDX.
    • Fixed the location of UI graphics in the EBDX folder.
    • G-Max sprites formatted for EBDX now come included in the EBDX folder.
    • Fixed the EBDX UI coordinates for the opponent Pokemon's Dynamax icon.
    • Made further adjustments to the Dynamax vectors for EBDX, allowing for better camera position while a Dynamaxed Pokemon is in play.

NeoPlayerX

Julie_Haru
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    Ok I see. I'm going to release one last update in a second that fixes this, along with several other issues I spotted. Hopefully this will be the last update I need to release for a while lol.

Haha amazing, thanks for all your work, reaally apreciate you job ^-^

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    Error Message: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1tYmh8rpShLgH7jihpLu9xKOFqWPqYnPjn8xBSvkNxYE/edit?usp=sharing

Hi, I'm getting an error ZUD_PowerMoves.dat for a reason I cannot understand. I can't find the file and have been troubleshooting this for hours. I followed the instruction guide all the way through, made changes to the files as it asked, tried other people's solutions, but to no avail. Please let me know what I could do to fix this. I'm currently using the 19.1 Hotfixes, EBDX, Modular Menu, Gen 8 Project, and ZUD plugins. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Error Message: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1tYmh8rpShLgH7jihpLu9xKOFqWPqYnPjn8xBSvkNxYE/edit?usp=sharing

Hi, I'm getting an error ZUD_PowerMoves.dat for a reason I cannot understand. I can't find the file and have been troubleshooting this for hours. I followed the instruction guide all the way through, made changes to the files as it asked, tried other people's solutions, but to no avail. Please let me know what I could do to fix this. I'm currently using the 19.1 Hotfixes, EBDX, Modular Menu, Gen 8 Project, and ZUD plugins. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Hold CTRL when pressing the Green play Button in RMXP

Back