• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Error Message: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1tYmh8rpShLgH7jihpLu9xKOFqWPqYnPjn8xBSvkNxYE/edit?usp=sharing

Hi, I'm getting an error ZUD_PowerMoves.dat for a reason I cannot understand. I can't find the file and have been troubleshooting this for hours. I followed the instruction guide all the way through, made changes to the files as it asked, tried other people's solutions, but to no avail. Please let me know what I could do to fix this. I'm currently using the 19.1 Hotfixes, EBDX, Modular Menu, Gen 8 Project, and ZUD plugins. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Try to compile your script with press hold ctrl button in debug game test

Years
    • Seen today
    Im getting really sick of people posting about this "issue", so ive decided to create an extremely detailed, in-depth tutorial on how to solve the matter.

The FAQ has also been updated with a very...friendly and helpful note to help guide you in the right direction.

Attachments

• tutorial.mp4
      7.2 MB
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    Im getting really sick of people posting about this "issue", so ive decided to create an extremely detailed, in-depth tutorial on how to solve the matter.

The FAQ has also been updated with a very...friendly and helpful note to help guide you in the right direction.

I forgot to mention that I've already tried this multiple times. Even after holding CTRL to compile in debug mode, the exact same error appears. I'll include a video if you need further proof that this isn't fixing anything. In the video I'm holding down CTRL right after I press the playtest button all the way until the error appears.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m-W9hGPKrLNTW6oWETZUUSbRaS6ekJ9y/view?usp=sharing

Years
    • Seen today
    I forgot to mention that I've already tried this multiple times. Even after holding CTRL to compile in debug mode, the exact same error appears. I'll include a video if you need further proof that this isn't fixing anything. In the video I'm holding down CTRL right after I press the playtest button all the way until the error appears.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m-W9hGPKrLNTW6oWETZUUSbRaS6ekJ9y/view?usp=sharing

You didn't install script edit #13 in the installation guide. And if you didn't install that one, then im assuming you probably didn't install any of them...

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    Give us one screen shot of the In project Script Editor.

Oh, I see. I completely got the wrong idea on how to do this, thanks for the help. Sorry for the trouble, this was probably the root cause of the issue.

UPDATE: Finally got it working thanks to your help. I really appreciate the assistance. Great plugin btw

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    [Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
    [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    054:Game_Switches:19:in `[]'
    [ZUD Plugin] Battle Mechanics.rb:106:in `pbCanDynamax?'
    [ZUD Plugin] Command Phase.rb:120:in `pbFightMenu'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:215:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:206:in `loop'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:206:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:191:in `loop'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:191:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'
    [ZUD Plugin] Command Phase.rb:105:in `pbCommandPhase'
    173:Battle_StartAndEnd:323:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'

I get this error whenever I select "Fight" in a battle, the error appears, then it loops me back to the main menu in the battle
    Can someone help with this please

Years
    • Seen today
    [Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
    [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    054:Game_Switches:19:in `[]'
    [ZUD Plugin] Battle Mechanics.rb:106:in `pbCanDynamax?'
    [ZUD Plugin] Command Phase.rb:120:in `pbFightMenu'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:215:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:206:in `loop'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:206:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:191:in `loop'
    180:Battle_Phase_Command:191:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'
    [ZUD Plugin] Command Phase.rb:105:in `pbCommandPhase'
    173:Battle_StartAndEnd:323:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'

I get this error whenever I select "Fight" in a battle, the error appears, then it loops me back to the main menu in the battle
    Can someone help with this please

What custom edits or settings did you change? It looks like you did something with the NO_DYNAMAX switch that is causing an error.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    Hey, so I've been using this plugin for a while and I'm really enjoying it. However, I'm struggling to find a way to get Marshadow to transform into his Zenith Marshadow form. Is there something I'm missing, or is this not a feature?

Years
  • Hey, so I've been using this plugin for a while and I'm really enjoying it. However, I'm struggling to find a way to get Marshadow to transform into his Zenith Marshadow form. Is there something I'm missing, or is this not a feature?

i think Zenith Marshadow was missing from pokemonforms.txt in PBS

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    i think Zenith Marshadow was missing from pokemonforms.txt in PBS

You're right. I added Zenith Marshadow as an entry in pokemonforms.txt but I'm still unsure how to make it change sprites when it's Z-Move is activated.

Years
  • You're right. I added Zenith Marshadow as an entry in pokemonforms.txt but I'm still unsure how to make it change sprites when it's Z-Move is activated.

I just realized that the script for Marshadow's transformation doesn't appear in some parts of RPG XP's Script Editor. Some pokemon of the new gen are like that too. Maybe that's the main reason

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, so I've been using this plugin for a while and I'm really enjoying it. However, I'm struggling to find a way to get Marshadow to transform into his Zenith Marshadow form. Is there something I'm missing, or is this not a feature?

What the hell is Zenith Marshadow?

*Googles*

Huh. Well, I didn't even know that was a thing. After looking into it though, it doesn't really appear to be directly related to Z-Moves. It's not even really a "form". It's just part of Marshadow's animation when attacking. So I don't really see any need to support it. But hey, I guess I'll throw in support for it in the future if it's easy enough to do. It's just a cosmetic thing, so it shouldn't be hard.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    What the hell is Zenith Marshadow?

*Googles*

Huh. Well, I didn't even know that was a thing. After looking into it though, it doesn't really appear to be directly related to Z-Moves. It's not even really a "form". It's just part of Marshadow's animation when attacking. So I don't really see any need to support it. But hey, I guess I'll throw in support for it in the future if it's easy enough to do. It's just a cosmetic thing, so it shouldn't be hard.

Cool, thanks. I'm a huge fan of Marshadow, that's really the only reason I'm looking into this.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi luci,
    I still not understand with how to set gigantamax/Dynamax form for enemy trainer pokemon and
    I set true for DMAX ANYMAP
    Maybe I'm making a mistake in my Trainer.txt setting for trainer :
    Spoiler:

And doesn't work if I'm testing in debug mode...
    Thank you

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi luci,
    I still not understand with how to set gigantamax/Dynamax form for enemy trainer pokemon and
    I set true for DMAX ANYMAP
    Maybe I'm making a mistake in my Trainer.txt setting for trainer :
    Spoiler:

And doesn't work if I'm testing in debug mode...
    Thank you

The tutorial explains everything you're doing wrong here. There's nothing I can say that I haven't already explained there.

From the tutorial:
    Enemy Dynamax Mechanics
    Spoiler:

Alternatively, as is also stated in the tutorial - you can simply edit these Dynamax values for trainers through the in-game Debug menu, so you don't even have to fiddle with entering anything manually.

Last edited:
    Years
  • [Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: Errno::ENOENT

Backtrace:
    101:GameData:62:in `load_data'
    101:GameData:62:in `load'
    [ZUD Plugin] Compilers.rb:713:in `load_all'
    031:StartGame:13:in `initialize'
    372:Main:29:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    372:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
    014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'
    372:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
    372:Main:44:in `block in <main>'
    372:Main:43:in `loop'

please i forgor to backup my game and idk whats going on cuz you didn't gave .dat files so i don't know whats going on

Years
    • Seen today
    please i forgor to backup my game and idk whats going on cuz you didn't gave .dat files so i don't know whats going on
    Recompile your game. Like the instructions say to do. And the installation guide. And the FAQ. And the dozens of responses say to do in this very thread with people posting the exact same error. And which you should be doing regularly anyway as a developer. Please for the love of god everyone, just recompile your damn games.

Back