• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Crimson & Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
banner%20-%20copia_zpsoyroyfzw.png

INTRODUCTION

This is a Pokémon fan game for Windows computers created and presented by COMBOY, made and elaborated using the 'Pokémon Essentials' kit (v13) for RPG Maker XP, made by Maruno, Flameguru and Poccil.

(This game is still in progress of making, so what you are going to download and play is a BETA.)

This project began with the idea of making a Pokémon fangame based on the Gen 2 games, but with elements from post Gen 2 ones, just like Megaman 9 and 10 were games based on the NES ones. It has a new story concept different from every Pokémon story developed until now. More details of it next in the plot section!

Crimson-animated.gif
PLOT

Welcome to the PARIC REGION, a place in a simple world among the multiverse, where POKéMON is a videogame franchise about special creatures known as POCKET MONSTERS (or POKéMON for short) that wage in battles and grow as long as they get experience in them. The POKéMON franchise has become popular among kids and adults, and formed an ever growing fanbase in the entire world.....

But now, PARIC is about to experience the POKéMON phenomenon as it never had before, because the creatures known as POKéMON, once ficticious characters from a videogame, will become REAL!

This is your own POKéMON story, you and your lifelong best friend discover three little POKéMON starters that both of you take as your new pet friends, until a mysterious and unknown bully steals one of the three POKéMON, and starts a rivalry with both of you that will continue as long as you all go to their own POKéMON ADVENTURE in the entire PARIC REGION.

Your adventure as a POKéMON TRAINER will take you to amazing experiences, catching wild POKéMON in your way, battling another trainers in POKéMON BATTLES, exploring different places, and making your own legend as long as you become the best POKéMON TRAINER of PARIC!

But be careful! A dangerous special GOVERMENT agency is going to get in your way, stealing POKéMON from others and making dubious experiments with them! It is your duty to stop the agency, discover the reason of POKéMON appearing in PARIC, and save it from a possible disaster that would exterminate all the natural environment in this little, but once simple world...

Fuchsia-animated.gif
INCLUDED FEATURES

- Language selection: English and Spanish.
- Highly modified scripts for GBC visual accuracy.
- "Day-Morning-Nite" tile swap system, according to the time in the computer.
- More than 300 battle moves animations (Repeated for some of them).
- Flash animated opening sequence.

Navy-animated.gif
SCREENSHOTS

screenshots_zpsgp84dtdm.png

Violet-animated_zpsirngsdkn.gif
CREDITS

Spoiler:

Crimson-animated.gif
Fuchsia-animated.gif
DOWNLOAD
Navy-animated.gif
Violet-animated_zpsirngsdkn.gif

WARNING: Foul language in some in-game dialogs. Play it at your own risk!

4 GYM BETA V1.3

Note: If you have an older version, you can download this to update your game! : DATA FOLDER V1.3

You can also like the official Facebook page and watch the Deviantart gallery too!

NEW! Playthroughs, click in the Youtube playlists below:
- by DPYEO (finished)
- by TheGamersTree (ongoing)

Last edited:

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
NEW UPDATE 04/02/2015: 4 GYM BETA Version 1.1 available!

- Fixed some translations to Spanish.
- Fixed some events.
- Added a little new plot scene in the Mining Plant arc.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Oh wow, a GSC style game. You don't see many of these around!

I'm downloading it right now to try it out. :)

The story looks pretty interesting as well...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Whoa, this looks pretty promising! I'll be keeping an eye out for this one!

LeahB

Le-ha88
Years
This sounds like it's going to be awesome! I've always loved those "fictional characters suddenly become real" stories. The 2nd gen style is nostalgic and the characters look very well done. Good job and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
I remember seeing you post this on some other site, but it wasn't translated. You should post more information about the characters. Only found the other site because of the concept art.

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
I remember seeing you post this on some other site, but it wasn't translated. You should post more information about the characters. Only found the other site because of the concept art.

You mean in the Poke&Play forums, right? Yeah, there I've published the first Demo long time ago in 2011, but only in Spanish, it contained the same story, with some changes in comparison with the new 4 Gym Beta, it had 2 gyms, but only 1 of them available depending of the route you choose in the second town, among other changes.

I've also published more concept art in my Deviantart, but I'm planning to do a new thead in the Art & Design sub-forum related to Pokémon Crimson & Navy, and of course, I'll give more information about the characters there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Yeah, sounds like it. The art was what made me click on the link, and see how it was. Interesting to see Navy's gender is a determinant based on your own now.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
His looks pretty good!
I really like the storyline too!
I better keep an eye on this im gonna have to download it later!

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
Hey COMBOY.
I checked out this game a couple days ago and downloaded this yesterday and man is it awesome.

I love the nostalgia graphics of gen 2 so good job on bringing something new and original. I am already done 2 gyms through the top of the region but I'm curious if there is 4 gyms regardless of what direction you go from the start. For example, It shows I have the 1st and 3rd badge only. The first badge was tough for me because I wasn't expecting those high levels for that gym lol.

I can't wait to see the completed version and please take your time to make it the best this game can be.

Thanks again and good luck on future development for this game. :D

Any other questions or feedback you want from me, just let me know since I have been playing through.

Last edited:

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
Hey COMBOY.
I checked out this game a couple days ago and downloaded this yesterday and man is it awesome.

I love the nostalgia graphics of gen 2 so good job on bringing something new and original. I am already done 2 gyms through the top of the region but I'm curious if there is 4 gyms regardless of what direction you go from the start. For example, It shows I have the 1st and 3rd badge only. The first badge was tough for me because I wasn't expecting those high levels for that gym lol.

I can't wait to see the completed version and please take your time to make it the best this game can be.

Thanks again and good luck on future development for this game. :D

Any other questions or feedback you want from me, just let me know since I have been playing through.

You can access any of the first four gyms anytime as you advance in the game, so the levels of the trainers and gym leaders can vary depending of how many badges do you have. I guess you've chosen to go from Route II to Industrial City, so the first badge space would be filled, and then you went to Rounding City, and its gym uses the third badge space.

The order of the badges in the Trainer Card goes like this:

- 1st, badge space: Industrial City
- 2nd badge space: Conduct City
- 3rd badge space: Rounding City
- 4th badge space: Transfer City

And about the high levels, yeah, I wanted to make my game as difficult as the Gen 1 games, so it could be fun for veterans and newbies, he he he! Thank you for your comment and for playing, and of course, I would like to know how much did you advanced in the game, you can send me VMs, or in spoiler tags in this thread. I would like reviews and walkthroughs too (*cough!* You... *cough!* Tube... *cough!*). :)

NEW UPDATE 04/07/2015: 4 GYM BETA Version 1.3 and DATA FOLDER Version 1.3, both available!

- Fixed some translations to Spanish.
- Fixed some dialogs in events.
- Fixed some graphical bugs in events.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
Yes I went through the top cities and got those badges and that's a really cool mechanic considering I thought the second gym would have lower levels than the third did so lower than
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
VM = Visitor Messages {XD}

What are these just so I know. Is it like what I am doing already lol. :D

What do you think the next beta will contain? No. of gyms, pokemon included etc. If you can't say yet, totally understandable and I can't wait for this to be finished.

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
I actually played this last month but forgot to comment on it. Whoops!

I really like this game. It's nice to have more GSC games around and I'm a fan of how Pokemon weren't real in your game's universe before. That's a really cool touch.

I'm not a huge fan of Glenn, though. Chat speak in a game seems like really lazy writing. Looking forward to see more, though!

Yeah, I tried to reduce the dialogs lenght as most as I could, I remembered the very first demo I made long time ago had a lot of that, so the first missions were highly modified for the 4 GYM BETA. Anyway, thank you for your comment. :)

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
So I just downloaded it and I've played up until the Recycle Forest--I have to say, this is a great piece of work you have here! It's rare to see a really well-made RMXP game in the 2nd gen style, so kudos to you :D

I would say as a note, maybe change your sound effects [like "Got an item!" or "Got Pokedex", etc] to be "Music Effects" in RMXP. What it does is it halts the background music when the music effect plays, which is what the actual pokemon games do. Hearing the background music play while the "Got an item" played was strange to me.

I also think the difficulty level is fantastic in this game--and now I'm going to go back in and play some more :D

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
My only beef is a number of grammatical errors and some poor placement of pokemon.

On pokemon placement I had to restart my game because I couldn't hardly find enough variety to use by the time I got to the first gym. I only had two good ones, my starter and a Hoothoot, and none of the pokemon I have seen up to Industrial City were anyone that uses Synchronize which would have made getting ideal counters for the rival's team at the gym a bit easier. I would have liked to have seen at least a Ralts between the second town and the forest before the cave leading to Industrial City.

Rubidium

Criticism Response Team
Years
This game looks great! I like that you're using the Gen2 style. I'm not the largest fan of the starter choices, but that's more of a personal thing. Grammatical errors can be overlooked for now since English isn't your first language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back