• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
If I think that this follows the original game, did you do the Radio Tower event with Team Rocket?

Yes, and all I got from there was a Soothe Bell, no clear bell.
You can't even get to in front of Ice Path until you beat the Rocket Tower.

edit: This game doesn't follow the original. Not at all from what I see.

I think my game is just bugged though. I'm supposed to fight the trio, not be kept out by them.

I can't use the PokeGear to call anyone

Pokegear is basically the Vs. Seeker in this game. It doesn't work on everyone, but on some people it will.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Yes, and all I got from there was a Soothe Bell, no clear bell.
You can't even get to in front of Ice Path until you beat the Rocket Tower.

edit: This game doesn't follow the original. Not at all from what I see.

I think my game is just bugged though. I'm supposed to fight the trio, not be kept out by them.

Pokegear is basically the Vs. Seeker in this game. It doesn't work on everyone, but on some people it will.

actually after u go beat team rockect u go there and a dudde comes out of the ice path and says the re is a blockage in the ice path and right after elm calls u and says to go to ecruteak city and u go there and meet eugine then u are told where the clear bell is.

i found a few more bugs that people are probably aware of:

1. in radio tow there are 2 tiles at each end of the desk the u xcant walk through
2.in dragons den where team aqua is hiding out there are alot of items that can freeze ur game if u pik up
3. in temple of rock the far top right staircase u can go down, but not up
4. (u probably know ) when u face silver on victory road that one of his pokemon makes ur game freeze
i still think the reason for all this is bad rom patching!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
actually after u go beat team rockect u go there and a dudde comes out of the ice path and says the re is a blockage in the ice path and right after elm calls u and says to go to ecruteak city and u go there and meet eugine then u are told where the clear bell is.

i found a few more bugs that people are probably aware of:

1. in radio tow there are 2 tiles at each end of the desk the u xcant walk through
2.in dragons den where team aqua is hiding out there are alot of items that can freeze ur game if u pik up
3. in temple of rock the far top right staircase u can go down, but not up
4. (u probably know ) when u face silver on victory road that one of his pokemon makes ur game freeze
i still think the reason for all this is bad rom patching!!!

Yes, I already went to where the clear bell was supposed to be (the Ruins of Alph), and all I found was Lax Incense. I went back to the Tin Tower, and the man let me through. Then when I got to the trio, the guy wouldn't let me go through the last door.

Also,
1. Happens to me too, not bad rom patching.
The rest, yah obviously the game won't let me get that far so it doesn't matter..

Edit: Heres what the man of the Old Trio says to me when I try exiting out to Tin Tower:

"Tin Tower may be entered by those bearing Ecruteaks gym Badge. However, now that Suicune, Raikou, and Entei have arisen, I ask you to refrain from entering!"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
idk if anyone asked this and i havent played it much...dunno why...but r there hoenn pokemon in here??? and if one of the moderators choose to delete this post then please message me the page on this thread that says if there are any or if there are not any hoenn pokemon in this game....thanx!!

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years

Did you have to put that, you could have warned for spoilers or just said Dragons Den, they would have known what you meant, I haven't actually played much of this game but this bit spoiled that bit of the game for me :( (I won't be surprised now)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
sorry dudes, my pcs under repairs,
angelas- clear bell is in another location, find the other ruins, we wanted to change things up to make them more interesting. yeah, i'm using my ps3 to post this, y'know how hard it is to type with this controller! well i'll be back sometime this week. cya til then :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
sorry dudes, my pcs under repairs,
angelas- clear bell is in another location, find the other ruins, we wanted to change things up to make them more interesting. yeah, i'm using my ps3 to post this, y'know how hard it is to type with this controller! well i'll be back sometime this week. cya til then :D
Funny.. I found this right after (literally 2 minutes) you posted it. Coincidence. ><
Sorry for the trouble. The firist man let me through so I thought I had something to do with the Clear Bell. But yah, my mistake.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Whirlpool is basically "Bulk Up", and it really has no effect except use to clear Whirlpools.

My growlithe learned it. Just find a fighting type pokemon though.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
just a quick update with progress. all thats left of kanto is everthing from route 1 down to cinnabar and round to fuschia. not really that much a guess xd.

i will make a longer post tomorow awnsering people.

link

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
i just typed all the awnsers out and lost them... so i'll anwser the ones i can remember. yes theres bug i know and sorry. all bugs will be out for the next beta, thanks for the ones that i didnt know. the next beta isnt that close yet. the learnable tms are not done. whirlpool will be teachable to water pokes.

i missed things i know.

also another flying bug. you cant fly to the following towns in johto from anywhere: cherrygrove and cianwood.

happy hacking and waiting
link

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
i just typed all the awnsers out and lost them... so i'll anwser the ones i can remember. yes theres bug i know and sorry. all bugs will be out for the next beta, thanks for the ones that i didnt know. the next beta isnt that close yet. the learnable tms are not done. whirlpool will be teachable to water pokes.

i missed things i know.

also another flying bug. you cant fly to the following towns in johto from anywhere: cherrygrove and cianwood.

happy hacking and waiting
link

Well I was looking at LC in A-map yesterday and I noticed that you didn't have messed up maps from the inserted tiles (yay, less work, lees time witing for the next beta).

As for the flight path business, well not being able to fly to Cianwood City will be troublesome (time wasted sufing and money wasted with repels). But I know you'll find a way to fix it :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
i wanna thank you for making this hack <3~ been only playing it for a few hours but it's really fun sofar ;D one of the better hacks i found sofar ^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2009
You should switch to the new UPS patcher. It's supposed to cause less bugs than the IPS patcher because it requires an unmodified ROM. Surprisingly, there are a lot of FireRed ROMs out there that are modified. It also lets you expand the ROM to 32MB if you need extra space for anything. Just a suggestion.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
You should switch to the new UPS patcher. It's supposed to cause less bugs than the IPS patcher because it requires an unmodified ROM. Surprisingly, there are a lot of FireRed ROMs out there that are modified. It also lets you expand the ROM to 32MB if you need extra space for anything. Just a suggestion.

meh, theres not really a "need" to use a UPS patch, laz' choice if he wants to.
We can both expand roms anyways, but there's no need to right now anyways :P
We should have enough space.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
y'know how hard it is to type with this controller! well i'll be back sometime this week. cya til then :D
lol, its not that hard, even without the keypad, though I'd recommend it to make typing easier

EDIT: i downloaded Beat patch 1.1 but i dunno how to play it :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
I think I ran into another bug =/

When I'm fighting my rival Silver before the Elite Four, he switches out to Kadabra and I can't move my cursor anywhere. It won't let me press A to attack or anything of that sort. Is this bad patching or something else?
Will I have to download beta 1 or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back