• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus.

Years
  • Congratulations on winning the award.

@angelas: I don't get quite what you are asking me to do. I patched it with Beta 1 it's still not working.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • I picked Chikorita myself, and there were no problems with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or_wQ_y3h6s

Around 2:45.

Also, did you happen to put Chinchou off the coast for fishing on Route 40 (or at least Olivine City?)

He's suppose to be in the game (Bulbapedia says so, and I remember catching him with a good rod on my original Crystal), so yah.
    If you didn't I might just add him to the game via AM (hoping it doesn't mess up) so I can do the walkthrough easily... (unless you don't plan on adding him at all 'o course)

that bug with the rivals pokes only happens if you pick a certain starter. i think its cyndaquil.

i havent put chincho in im afraid :( but i put lanturn on route 40 fishing :P

I believe he put Chinchou in Olivine port? Or amybe that was in Shiny Gold...

no. theres no pokes in the port.

Olivine Port has no pokemon in it, I might try surfing there in a bit, but fishing won't do anything.

I'll check AM on Beta 1 again though..

edit: OMG! <3 the surf theme. WindWaker sea is my favorite theme ever :D

xD. I love that surf theme myself to :P

BUG ALERT
    When I went brak to Prof. Elm after battling the Rival, I hit a on the pokeball on the table. It said, "Prof. Oak's last pokemon."

Shouldn't it be Prof. Elm's?

Also, in your room, the bed hhas a invisible wall on it's right side. You can enter the bed, but if you try going at the blanket, you'll hit it.

thats been mentioned xd. i know about the bed aswell.

We won this at The Pokemon board.​

Spoiler:

were both very happy about this and i'll add it to the first post.

And congratulations on it, (you might be sick of seeing my name everwhere, :))

You should ask LinkandZelda to put it on the first post

yea i will put it.

Kudos on all you have done with progress! I remember when you were just a whee little noob... Look how great you are now! :) You have accomplished something very very difficult: the world map. It's truely the work of a master to create one of those!

wow. foulump :P it was thanks to you for your scripting tutorial that i was able to start this back in 07 :P goo to see you around again.

congratulations on the well deserved award.

Congratulations on winning the award.

@angelas: I don't get quite what you are asking me to do. I patched it with Beta 1 it's still not working.

thanks guys. the beta 1 is no longer avalibe from my site. you have to use the mirror for beta 1. then patch it to a clean rom. play until you get the egg in violet city. then patch beta 1.1 onto a clean rom and use your save :P. i think i fixed the egg bug but there was another bug in the 1.1.

nice. look forward to completion :P

update: progress is moving fast atm. i have 3 more full days to work on this until im back to school :( then progress will go down.

just to say that beta 2 will be a COMPLETE CRYSTAL REMAKE. everything thats doable from crystal will be in for beta 2. that means its a bit longer to wait for that im afraid. maybe a few months or so.

link

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    that bug with the rivals pokes only happens if you pick a certain starter. i think its cyndaquil.

i havent put chincho in im afraid :( but i put lanturn on route 40 fishing :P

no. theres no pokes in the port.

xD. I love that surf theme myself to :P

thats been mentioned xd. i know about the bed aswell.

were both very happy about this and i'll add it to the first post.

yea i will put it.

wow. foulump :P it was thanks to you for your scripting tutorial that i was able to start this back in 07 :P goo to see you around again.

thanks guys. the beta 1 is no longer avalibe from my site. you have to use the mirror for beta 1. then patch it to a clean rom. play until you get the egg in violet city. then patch beta 1.1 onto a clean rom and use your save :P. i think i fixed the egg bug but there was another bug in the 1.1.

nice. look forward to completion :P

update: progress is moving fast atm. i have 3 more full days to work on this until im back to school :( then progress will go down.

just to say that beta 2 will be a COMPLETE CRYSTAL REMAKE. everything thats doable from crystal will be in for beta 2. that means its a bit longer to wait for that im afraid. maybe a few months or so.

link

Does that include Pokemon Animations that were introduced in Crystal? It can't be a "proper" remake without animations.

Dan :3

Gonna Join an RP
    Years
  • Does that include Pokemon Animations that were introduced in Crystal? It can't be a "proper" remake without animations.

I highly doubt he can mske those. I dunno much about hacking but
    I'm pretty sure you'll need more sprites, new scripts, etc. It would probably push Beta 2 back even farther, and we don't want that.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • the animations are much more complicated than that. i said it will be a complete remake with everything "do able" in it.

link

Circus.

Years
  • Are you saying that I have to restart the game and get to the egg in Violet City then re-patch it to Beta 1.1 ? I don't understand ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Are you saying that I have to restart the game and get to the egg in Violet City then re-patch it to Beta 1.1 ? I don't understand ?

Ok, take your current pokemon liquid crystal game (version 1.1) and patch version 1.0 on it. Then, get the egg and save. After that get the version 1.1 patch and patch over your game again. Then you can continue with the egg.

Circus.

Years
  • Wait, so I patched Beta 1.0 with my current game, but it still loads the same ... and when I put it in a separate folder it starts a new game.

edit: I patched the two betas but now the whole game doesn't work ... a file box shows up "Unsupported ARM mode 00"

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Wait, so I patched Beta 1.0 with my current game, but it still loads the same ... and when I put it in a separate folder it starts a new game.

edit: I patched the two betas but now the whole game doesn't work ... a file box shows up "Unsupported ARM mode 00"

Delete your current ROM. Keep your save file for Liquid Crystal. Just patch the new patch onto a new ROM and rename it to the same name as the save file. Then you can carry on as normal.

Circus.

Years
  • Delete your current ROM. Keep your save file for Liquid Crystal. Just patch the new patch onto a new ROM and rename it to the same name as the save file. Then you can carry on as normal.

I deleted my current ROM and got the new one but when I loaded the game I ended up being in Island three ?

edit: thankyou it worked, i had forgotten to patch the beta into the ROM, it worked thanks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I'll post how far I am with the walkthrough in a bit, but I can only go as far as to the first fight with Axel... because he has a level 77 Pupitar I can't take down.

Umm, I'll upload the next 2 parts in a bit and it'll show you that.. so yah..

edit: If it helps, I chose Chikorita as my starter..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Urdailywater
    That's my account, parts 18-20 are uploading. Part 20 has the Pupitar bug in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBU3jGr1Yp8

@8:40.

Didn't mean to sound so demanding, I just got kind of freaked right there XD

Last edited:

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Good news I can now assemble on Vista, so I might be able to test and loop songs on my own.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    This hack is the best, and its only beta 1, I think its really funny that this hack is created better then the pokemon company could make, haha keep going and keep up the good work!!
    ,Ian758

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
    Years
  • The fan #1 is here!

First: Congratulations! the award is more than deserved.
    Second:
    I'm very ashamed about the slowdown of the progress, but it's ok, I understand you!. Still, we can wait for it catchging every sinbgle pokemon! xD.
    Third: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back