• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Well, from what I know, many bugs aren't in the game itself but from the patch. Like for example you have a different FR version or accidentally patch over something else you may not realize it but your game will be messed up.

Oh, by the way how did you do a tile script like headbutt? Like I'm almost 100% sure you didn't put a tile script on every single bush in the map. How did you make it so that its like that? Setmaptile?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • xD. i put signpost scripts on every tile :D so your 100% wrong guess. well i still cant make tile scripts. its asm. setmaptile dosnt to do that either btw.

good progress guys. 2 routes and seafoam island left to do and kanto is finished. expect MUCH LONG from now until the beta 2. theres still lots of tidying up to do.

link

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    xD. i put signpost scripts on every tile :D so your 100% wrong guess. well i still cant make tile scripts. its asm. setmaptile dosnt to do that either btw.

good progress guys. 2 routes and seafoam island left to do and kanto is finished. expect MUCH LONG from now until the beta 2. theres still lots of tidying up to do.

link
    Take as long as you want. I like the pace this hack is moving at. Much faster than ShinyGold.

пзо

zzirRusty
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I c..

I completed this. However... Found NO BUGS! Your awesome.
    Liking the Add on, features. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    I am VERY sorry for asking if you got this question already but where can I trade pokemon in Liquid Crystal(Cherrygrove doesn't have one)? I want all 3 starters.

P.S: Awesome hack!

A&F

Too Hot To Care.
    Years
  • I am VERY sorry for asking if you got this question already but where can I trade pokemon in Liquid Crystal(Cherrygrove doesn't have one)? I want all 3 starters.

P.S: Awesome hack!

Sorry, but I don't think you can do that unless you use Gameshark or you use VBA-Link which I don't know how it runs so ...

linkandzelda

Years
  • thanks people for the comments. the starters are avalible in the 1.1 patch. even one of the ones you already have :P just look everywhere and you will find all 3. STRAIGHT after you can get surf they are avalible.

Good news :D. kanto is complete. the bear bones though. there is still alot of stuff to do for the beta 2.

link

link

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Thats good news
    The people that play this hack don't realise how complicated the scripts are.
    This is a trull magnificant game
    Great job

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Hey! glad to hear it's all good. just wondering will there be any new events/quests in kanto ? if you have not done any can you put some really exciteing ones and very fun ones :D don't have to but it will make it tons of fun!

the thing i liked about gsc is that you could go visit kanto. That made gsc one of the best pokemon games of all time. same with the daynight feature. shame it's not possible on hacks. but im sure one day lol.

Good luck to you and your companions!

linkandzelda

Years
  • hmm. should i say or not. well its the same as the orginal crystal. i know its there on route 3(something). i have one LOL

edit: events. there will be hopfully alot of things to do in kanto. mini games maybe although that might be seen as copying zel :(. i want mini games and i have some good ideas also from other people.

link

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • the thing i liked about gsc is that you could go visit kanto. That made gsc one of the best pokemon games of all time. same with the daynight feature. shame it's not possible on hacks. but im sure one day lol.

I liked the fact of 2 regions in one hack too :)

There is already some sort of Beta for Day and Night for Rub/Sapphire and Emerald so hopefully it'll be made for FR/LG soon :)

linkandzelda

Years
  • I think now is the time to break out some news. regarding team aqua...

me and zeikku have decided to replace them with a new team. meaning there events will be redone. probably still in the same places but most of the text will change. the pokemon will change too.
    this is final but i still want to hear peoples thoughts

link

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Oooo something new will be nice :)

Could I suggest you keep a link to all your Beta's in the 1st post, giving a brief description of what's in each :) (Gonna make sure I have the right one now so I can play with Aqua in the game)

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    I agree. New and different events are better than old ones. And plus team aqua was already used in other games, and making a whole new team and stuff is better.

Also I can't find the trainer that gives you Tyrouge in the cave next to Mahogany town... And I can't find dive nor any of the starters.. =(

linkandzelda

Years
  • the starters are only in the 1.1 patch i forgot to say. about the egg just read back. im not explaining again.

link

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back