• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do Many People Actually Compete in the Pokéathlon?

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    I played it a few times but once I won on one of them with pikachu and I got the strength badge I think.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I competed in the Pokeathlon a few times during my first play...and that was just to get Eevee happier so it can evolve to Umbreon faster xD But on a regular basis, not as much. It was also a great way to take a break from the usual journey and the training.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I love the Pokethlon. I really need to replace my stylus so that I can play it some more (it's hard without it and I don't like using objects not meant for the DS). Or I'll just wait until I obtain my 3DS. lol

I can't recall having set teams but I know I absolutely dominated it a few times with my Quilava and Crobat when I initially played it in my HeartGold version.

My favorite games are the running course and that one where you have to grab the flags and bring them back to the line.

Years
  • I really, really love the Pokeathlon. Much more so than Contests (I do enjoy contests, though). I think it was a really nice idea, and it worked really well. I spent a lot of time playing the Pokeathlon. ^_^
    BRING BACK POKEATHLON!

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2022
    The first time I played through the games I only did it to get some of the items they offer, but then I realized how cool it is and played it a lot more.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I competed in it pretty often back in my last run on Soul Silver so I could get my hands on the stones needed to evolve my Eevee and Togetic, thankfully it wasn't too hard and it definitely paid off when I started destroying my opponents with Vaporeon and Togekiss lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    I actually love hte Pokeathelon. I can't believe we have to settle witht hat dumb contest thing in Black/White when the pokeathelon was just so much better.

The best part is using pokemon that you still love that are way too weak for your team. I swear, my power team is a sunflora, pinsir, and marowak.

Years
  • I have played a fair share of the Pokeathlon in my SoulSilver run, but I only usually did the Stamina course where I always entered my star Pokemon in said course, my trusty Miltank. She helped me win a lot of stuff thanks to how sturdy she is. At least you get some good items out of it though, like evolution stones and those other items used to evolve Pokemon by trading.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Igloo here!

I breed eevees in HG (HG is my main game for breeding now), and so I mostly do pokeathlon for evolution stones. I can absolutely beast the Speed event with three Jolteons! My relay race record is 16 laps! No joke! My wrist hurt sooo bad afterwards! But I do the pokeathlon all the time for stones, and also because I think it's really fun!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I found some of the games irritating like the snowball, lamp jump and football in particular.
    Though my main purpose to participate Pokeathlon, it's because of the prizes -- Heart Scale, evolutionary stones.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2014
    I do use the pokeathlon, because by getting points you could spend them and get rare items to be able to evolve your pokemon that needs it. For example, to get the thunder stone to make eevee in to volteon, you basically need to compete the pokeathlon to get the right amount of points to be able to get the thunder stone (which is 2500 points).

Back