• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Silver Destiny

Years

INTRO:
Hi There, Welcome to the Team Silver Destiny Thread! I am Proud to
bring you the first installment of Pokemon Silver Destiny. Not much is
done right now though and I'm doing it pretty much solo from here on
out because my other team member needs a much deserved break.
I will need major help to finish this so if you liked it please check out
my team discussion thread. Please note this is NOT a place to apply
to my hack this is for tips on what to do, and beta testing stuff like
that.

Hack Info
Name: Pokemon Silver Destiny
ROM Base: Fire Red
Language: English May go for Translations Afterwards If I can find someone to do it and it is a successful hack
Progress:Done with the first Alpha which includes some intro to the story and battles up through route 30

What's Done And What Needs to be done
- Done 100% of maps needed for first alpha and beta. Most of the scripts and tiles. Pokemon inserts stuff like that.
-Needs to be done: Bug fixes and inserting of sprites for hero/rival and a few other people

Disclaimer
Some of the names and locations, and events of this hack are based off of Pokemon Gold Silver and Crystal. This Hack will also contain things that might not have been in the game's story that I or other team members have come up with. This is a Non-Profit Fan Based Game. With Ideas from the fans who just want to contribute to the Pokemon fan base. Please support the official release. (Insert legal mumbo jumbo here) I claim no rights to pokemon. Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Game freak.

Story Info
So it is basically the events of G/S/C but from Silver's (the rival) point of view) but definitely not the story we all know. Giratina grows restless in the distortion world and wants out to get revenge on arceus but the only problem is he cannot do it on his own. So he takes control of many pokemon and humans to do his bidding. You wake up in a strange region that you have never been to with no memory other than you must free Giratina and that your name is Silver. The only way to free Giratina is to break the 3 seals contained by Azelf Uxie and Mesprit the keepers of knowledge emotion and willpower. The gym leaders are in a secret organization that constantly trys to stop you and you must defeat them before they can stop you
Spoiler:

Main Cast

Silver- Our main hero yes hero he is a good guy in this game xD

Ethan-The foolish child who is always in your way

Demetria- A woman who watches the main hero she has a mysterious past. She always seems to show up in random places
Spoiler:

Silas- A man who lives in the shadows that always tries to stop you from completing your journey
Spoiler:

Rose-She is the first person you meet in Johto with flaming red hair just like you could there be a connection?

Masked man-He seems to have known you before you lost your memory and is always asking after someone named Green. Just who is this man?

Green-A girl you meet along your journey who seems to know you.

Planned Features

-An Exciting New Story
-New trainer sprites
-New Trainer Classes
-Ruins, Factories, and Mountains
-Retyping where I see fit
-Starter give giveaways. There will be people throughout Johto that will give you one of the starters so keep your eyes peeled
-DNS system
-The Battleground (A new concept kind of like the trainer tower but after each badge you advance another room and at the end there is a special event)
-The return of...Wait for it... Joey's TOP PERCENTAGE RATTATA XD he will appear more than once to battle you
-New sprites I really don't like the gen 3 sprites
-Appearances from team Aqua and Magma and maybe team galactic if I can find a spriter
-Some plot points from the adventures manga
-You start out with a sneasel
-You can only pick totodile as a starter but the starter give aways make up for it
-649 pokemon
-Gen Park a safari zone type deal with any pokemon not included in routes so you can catch 'em all

Bugs:
-There is a house in cherrygrove that has wrong background tiles
-Not a bug but missing are sprites for both Silver and Gold
-Town map is wrong
-Not sure if it happens for everyone but if it crashes try using vba-m it's like vba 2.0 also make it flash 128 save type

Team Members/Credits:
- Luxray Hacker Me (Story and Leader)
- Luxray Hacker Verde Ware (Mapping)
-Luxray Hacker Verde Ware (Pokemon inserts and spriting)
-The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource (some sprites)
-Manadhon (scripter ASM) Retired
-Tyler: Scripter/Spriter/Mapper

Alpha 1 link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjgnaq29ldvigsv/Pkmn%20SD%20A1%20Pokecenter%20Fixed.ips

Screenshots

Last edited:

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
This looks pretty interesting. If you change the graphics(which you will likely do I guess) this is going to be pretty good. Silver was always thecharacter who shared almost the same ideals as mine :D

Years
For the people wondering about tiles yes I am changing tiles and I have all the ones but this was after I started the alpha they will be in the first beta :D

So you already plan a sequel... with all respect, this may not end well.

With all respect... hush child XD be nice it's going to be amazing meanie.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well this certainly is a nice idea.
It will be interesting to see how far you take this.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
love silver. great idea for the hack. good luck.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
are there any plans to throw in HGSS or new/updated tiles?
Other than that, this hack seems really good. Can't wait for a beta.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
I am guessing since it's an alpha, it doesn't really differ from the FireRed predecessor yet? I am really loving the storyline for it. Hope to see new graphic differences in the hack. :)

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Graphics Graphics Graphics BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! xD How bout you use revamped FR/LG graphics :)? Anyways nice hack bro want to see more of it ;)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
With all respect... hush child XD be nice it's going to be amazing meanie.
Prove me wrong then =) (not that purrpose of my initial post was to motivate you or anything, I need to stay bad cop)
I was just speaking from experience =) Many hacks that had planned sequels your way = not finishing the story in one hack but in second or third have failed because the consistency of storyline wasn't that good. Or they wanted to put everything into the first one and the second one just faded in comparison. Or on the other hand they suddenly wanted to push everything into the second one and the first one failed. And also in most cases hacker just abandoned their project.

So if you prove me wrong, I'll only be glad. There's never enough good hacks especially in this time.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
In the planned features, you mentioned
- some 4/5 gen pokemon
- 649 pokemon
What does this mean?

1.) pokemons from 4th and 5th gen will be available. i.e. Tepig, oshawott etc. (this is a lot of work i suppose)

2.) you serious about this luxray? he basically mean all pokes from 1-5 gen is available.

But isn't the 4/5th gen pokemon included on 649?

Years
That's precisely what I meant.. The second sentence contradicts the first.. Not "some" 4/5 gen, but all pokemon will be available beside 6th gen then...

Years
That's precisely what I meant.. The second sentence contradicts the first.. Not "some" 4/5 gen, but all pokemon will be available beside 6th gen then...

Lol good point I wrote those at different times I only recently learned to expand the dex I need to change it :D

Years
For people wondering about tiles PLEASE READ MY PREVIOUS POST I have good tiles inserted in the beta I am working on this is a very very primitive alpha please be patient :D if anyone wants to see it I will post a screenie of it it is basically HG/SS tiles ripped from the game

Back