• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Bug Starter?

Which Is Your Favorite Bug Starter?

• Weedle-Kakuna-Beedrill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wurmple-Silcoon-Beutifly

• Wurmple-Cascoon-Dustox

• Burmy-Wormadam

• Kricketot-Kricketune

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
sewaddle cuz it evolves to leavanny and leavanny learns leaf blade and can deal some pretty good damage

Sirfetch’d

Um....Where is the Venipede family? Scolipede is awesome and powerful. But then again so is Butterfree. It is a tie.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wouldn't call anything thats not handed out by a Pokemon Professor a Starter. They may be the first Pokemon you can encounter, but that hardly qualifies them as a Starter.

You also did miss a few early bugs though. Kricketot comes way before Burmy's line and I've had way more use with Kricketot and Kricketune than I have with Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim, and as Jellyfan said, you missed Venipede for B/W who is pretty much Gen 5's weedle just way more epic.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Like the others said above, you forgot about the Kricketot and Venipede lines. You see Kricketot before Burmy and Venipede is basically Weedle's Unova counterpart.

If the Venipede line was on the poll, I would've voted for it. But I'll just go with the Weedle line because of how cool Beedrill looks and how swarms of them chase down whoever disturbs them in the show.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd go with the Spinarak line since that family's been a personal favorite of mine design wise since I was a kid.

Years
I went with the Caterpie -> Butterfree line. Butterfree is one of the few Pokemon that I've had the patience to level up to 100 (and definitely the only Bug Pokemon). It was also the leader of my HeartGold team, and I loved that with CompoundEyes, Sleep Powder's accuracy was 97.5%- which made capturing other Pokemon a heck of a lot easier.

Years
I picked the Sewaddle line cos the final evo, Leavanny learns good attacks including X-Scissor and Leaf Blade.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I had a bit of trouble deciding between the first five options, honestly haha.

In the end though, I decided I couldn't go past Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree, and here's why. My first game was Red Version, where the Viridian Forest had Weedles coming out of every orifice in your body but there was hardly a Caterpie in sight. So I wandered around Viridian Forest for what seemed like hours, trying to find both a Pikachu and a Caterpie since I wanted them both for my adventure.

Then when I finally came across a Caterpie, it was the best feeling ever and ever since then I've always associated those feelings with Caterpie. Also, I love Butterfree's powers much more than Beedrill's, I find they came in handy much more throughout the game.

Back