• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon E3 Footage (New Pokémon and more!)

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • There's also a guardian for every island, "Tapu Koyo" (I think that's how you spell it) has some importance to it :o

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Oh wow. I actually mentioned Battle Royal as a battle idea a while back. (not sure if it was on this forum) I can't believe they actually did it.

Also Yungoose looks pretty cute. I'm guessing it's the regional rodent?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Nintendo certainly delivered for E3 with so much to talk about!

I love how the new battle interface looks and the small detail to adding hints such as which moves are super effective, not very effective ect. For someone like me who doesn't quite understand the effectiveness of the new Fairy-type and for new comers, this will come in handy for those situations. The new Regional Bird also looks great, had a brief idea of how it would look from the initial trailer but now I'm definitely considering on using it on my team. The movement of the characters look fluent and the graphics are so colourful and vibrant! All in all I think these games are shaping up nicely from what we've seen so far. 8)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yungoose and probably another mongoose. And it is a little freaky to me lol. I wonder what the evolution will be.

I really love the idea of Pokemon Battle Royal. I hope they incorporate it with the storyline. Having a 4 way battle against 2 evil teams and someone else would be awesome.

Tapu Koyo I am going to guess is another legendary pokemon that we will not see till much later in the games.

I am extremely glad that the confirmed character custimization.

Also, I wish I had been able to hear the music better, but couldn't. But HOLY HECK! We have a huge house in the games!

Years
  • My summary of this livestream:

Loving the new early Normal-type Yungoos! Love how it has a brand-new ability as well, and having Strong Jaw suggests we could see it learning a lot of biting moves. At least it looks more like a real mongoose than Zangoose does.

So Pikipek is the name of that bird we saw back in the game announcement. Really adorable too.

New bottom screen in battle is more fleshed-out than ever, and as Blue said it would definitely help newcomers.

Hau being our first opening rival battle to have not just the starter, because I surely didn't expect that Pichu. Nice change to the usual first rival battle if you ask me.

Protagonist names apparently being Elio and Selene, okay with the former but disappointed with the latter. Chances are they may be placeholders until later, like how we had Calem and Serena have Xavier and Yvonne as placeholder names.

Battle Royale - best new battle shakeup ever!

Caterpie and Ledyba lines seem to be confirmed for the Alola Dex.

And finally we have customization for clothes so if you hate the female protagonist's cute hat you have a solution. And it appears the clothes shown so far suit the region as well, which I love.

Seriously everyone, I am super hyped now.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Is it just me or does the official artwork for Yungoos look a bit...unprofessional?

Yungoos-art.jpg

Maybe it's the mouth making it look strange.

also the official artwork for pikipek:

pipipek-art.jpg

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Was screaming in another thread, but I'll roll into this one.

I looove the battle backgrounds, so much detail. It's come a long way. ;;

Also, the graphics and other things aren't disappointing at all, and I'm super excited for the battle royale feature. The one thing that concerns me is that the moves are labeled to make battles easier, and I hope there's a way to turn that off, or maybe it'll only stick around towards the beginning of the game?

Because this:
    Ck7QhpxUYAEIVMm.jpg:large

Will kind of take away from newer players having to actually learn what moves and what types work the best on their own. I think that's a crucial part of the gameplay, and learning about the games, and also part of what makes battles feel so risky and interesting. I feel like they didn't need to add that in. We've been learning just fine without it for years. :/

Other than that

BATTLE ROYALE

AND CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION

aaaaaaaaaaa im so happy ive been really cynical but it's all so awesome @__@
    MMMM I'M SO EXCITED

Years
  • Was screaming in another thread, but I'll roll into this one.

I looove the battle backgrounds, so much detail. It's come a long way. ;;

Also, the graphics and other things aren't disappointing at all, and I'm super excited for the battle royale feature. The one thing that concerns me is that the moves are labeled to make battles easier, and I hope there's a way to turn that off, or maybe it'll only stick around towards the beginning of the game?

Because this:
    Ck7QhpxUYAEIVMm.jpg:large

Will kind of take away from newer players having to actually learn what moves and what types work the best on their own. I think that's a crucial part of the gameplay, and learning about the games, and also part of what makes battles feel so risky and interesting. I feel like they didn't need to add that in. We've been learning just fine without it for years. :/

Other than that

MMMM I'M SO EXCITED
    If you can name every weakness for every Pokemon, and Mega, taking into account abilities, without looking any up then sure, if not then you're complaining for the sake of it.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Is it just me or does the official artwork for Yungoos look a bit...unprofessional?
    I'm pretty sure someone else is doing the official art for Sun/Moon, so that would explain why it looks different.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Where was this one confirmed? I didn't see it in the games.

It was posted on the Pokemon website for SunMoon.

Yungoos' ability Stake out is kinda strong. Stakeout's effect: This Ability means that the Pokémon's moves can deal twice the normal damage to any Pokémon that switches in or enters the field mid-battle.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I am actually so, so hyped for the new games!! The new pokémon look amazing to me and I can't wait to see their evolutions.
    Not being good at strategy, I really appreciate the fact that they show when an attack is effective or not. The region looks really great, too!

The one more thing I wish we could have had during E3 are the names or Iwanko and Nekkoala ahah..

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Apparently Grubbin is going to be a Bug/Electric type due to its description on the official website
    Grubbin relies on its sturdy jaw as a weapon in battle and as a tool for burrowing through the earth. Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations. By wrapping tree branches in the sticky threads that it spews from its mouth, Grubbin can swing around like an actor on suspension wires!

Years
  • They said they were going back to simpler designs, but the mouth is really freaky.

I think that Yungoos has a very simplistic design, and while the teeth do look scary it does explain the Strong Jaw ability. Apparently its new ability Stakeout gives every move a Pursuit-like effect, in that it deals double damage to opponents when they switch out.

You know, I was kinda hoping that they would also talk about the bracelets, but they obviously kept that a secret. It's pretty obvious that it's a crucial storyline element of some sort. I suppose we'll find out later what it does.

Like you said, I knew the bracelets weren't going to be talked about since they don't usually reveal the major new mechanic until much later.

Also, speaking of Battle Royale I remember ORandAS mentioning quad battles may be a thing in 7th Gen. I think the Battle Royale seems close to what he speculated, since it is four Pokemon on screen at once, and while it's not what he would have first thought it seems to remind me of that.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • I don't really care for sun&moon, not having a 3ds, but I'm just pointing out all of those trailers claimed "non-final footage". Stuff's going to change.
    PS: the special "e" character in pokemon is broken on daily.

Back