• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon E3 Footage (New Pokémon and more!)

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Yeah we've seen textures change around a lot during previews for Black & White, and a couple of sprite changes. There was also a small visual bug in the first XY trailer that was funny. Most of the game will be in a feature-complete stage, though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Of course it's going to be non-final footage. I honestly think that's more of a CYA thing just in case something does go wrong, like say, a noticeable bug is in the trailer or some weird freaky **** is seen, that it's to serve as a disclaimer to the viewers.

I don't think changes are going to happen on such a significant level on things that are basically already confirmed.

Yeah, and at most the changes tend to be color related like with Excadrill irc. It's stripe was a different color in the E3 trailer than the final outcome.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • 2 things that were interesting from my view;

- Battle Royale: I actualy predicted that (but then 3 players), so actually seeing that was awesome. I love the exra strategy and thinking it will give into the game. Do I Attack the pokémon that is weak to my attacks, or the one who can deal me supereffective damage?

- "Every Island has its own guardian" So that means 4 more legendaries? How does it tie in with the box legendaries, with the evil teams, with the story, with the festivals? So many (new) questions to ask! :D

Years
  • Just look at how adorable this is:

Pokémon Sun and Moon E3 Footage (New Pokémon and more!)

Now I can imagine how cute it'll be in my future playthrough when my in-game mother says "Popplio! Take care of my little Nichole!". Seriously, SM mother for most adorbz mother in Pokemon.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Amazing! Loving everything Game Freak has thrown at us so far, and these updates keep getting better and better!

Honestly, I like all three of the new Pokemon! Pikipek in particular. Yungoos may look a little scary but he continues to grow on me all the same. :D Seems like Ledyba/Ledian (thank God), Pikachu and the Caterpie line are gonna be apart of Alola PokeDex, huh.

The battle interface looks reeeeally good! Can't wait for the whole Battle Royale thing, either. :'D

Years
  • Amazing! Loving everything Game Freak has thrown at us so far, and these updates keep getting better and better!

Honestly, I like all three of the new Pokemon! Pikipek in particular. Yungoos may look a little scary but he continues to grow on me all the same. :D Seems like Ledyba/Ledian (thank God), Pikachu and the Caterpie line are gonna be apart of Alola PokeDex, huh.

The battle interface looks reeeeally good! Can't wait for the whole Battle Royale thing, either. :'D

The new trailer that just came out also showed Eevee, Krookodile and Pangoro appearing in a double battle with Magearna - Eevee and Magearna going up against Krookodile and Pangoro. I guess Eevee, Sandile and Pancham line will be in the regional Dex as well.

Years
  • You know, this is actually a good thing because it, at the very least, implies there's going to be a good handful of old Pokemon in addition to however many new Pokemon are going to be introduced this generation. :>

A sum-up of the older Pokemon we saw in the trailers so far if you don't remember: Salamence, Gengar, Metagross, Garchomp, Pikachu, Eevee, Pangoro and Krookodile. The livestream also had Caterpie and Ledyba appear, as well as Hau having a Pichu.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • A sum-up of the older Pokemon we saw in the trailers so far if you don't remember: Salamence, Gengar, Metagross, Garchomp, Pikachu, Eevee, Pangoro and Krookodile. The livestream also had Caterpie and Ledyba appear, as well as Hau having a Pichu.

Luvdisc and Corsola are also in a water tank at the professor's lab.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • The whole islands having different guardians concept sounds pretty cool. *^* I can't imagine we get that many Legendaries in one gen, but maybe there will be some important Pokemon that aren't Legendaries? Kind of like how everyone thought Lucario was a legendary for a time.

If you can name every weakness for every Pokemon, and Mega, taking into account abilities, without looking any up then sure, if not then you're complaining for the sake of it.
    Well, no, I just meant that there's some kind of charm in the risk of not knowing what an unfamiliar move or type match does, until you throw out an attack and learn the hard way. XD Well, that's usually fun for me, maybe it ticks off some others.

asdsdf edits:

Can we please talk about how darn beautiful this game looks? Just... look at it. We've come a long way.
    Oh my gosh, yes, I love the graphics and the environments. Everything is so colorful and smooth. ;_;

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    So am I the only person who thinks that "Yungoos" will most likely evolve into "Zangoose"?
    First, I know it's been done before many times to have pokemon that seem really similar or are even the same kind of animal to have nothing to do with each other, but two different pokemon that are so similar to one another having nothing to do with each other seems really weird to me (I say with tongue in cheek due to Miltank=/= Tauros and Luvdisc=/=Alomoloa, but I still feel that the speculation is necessary).
    Plus Yungoos and Zangoose, the names are so similar to one another, plus the ordering of their first name letter seem like they were designed to be part of an evolution cycle together where the letter Z for Zangoose would most likely follow after the letter Y for Yungoos.
    Once again, wild speculation, but I just think the pokemon coincide with one another to easily to be completely unrelated. Thoughts?

Years
  • Some interesting stuff I found out...

Lillie doesn't appear to be a rival but more specifically not a trainer at all, and while she has a Pokemon in her bag it doesn't seem to be the third starter. This makes Alola the first region since Hoenn that the starter not taken by the protagonist and main rival is left to rot at the lab, so when I play I'll be feeling bad for the Rowlet that will get left behind since I will use Popplio and Hau will have Litten.

Sinnoh had the rival and opposite-gendered protagonist take the remaining Sinnoh starters, and while the latter doesn't battle you he/she does battle alongside you at points.

Unova had Cheren and Bianca take the other Unova starters, while in B2/W2 Hugh was the only rival but you do encounter the opposite-gendered protagonist for a double battle against Ingo and Emmet, and that protagonist used the middle stage of the third Unova starter.

Kanto, Johto and Hoenn all had the main rival choosing the one strong against you, and the remaining starter was never seen for the rest of the game. This seems to be where Alola is heading in terms of the starter treatment since Hau is confirmed to be the only rival in the game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So am I the only person who thinks that "Yungoos" will most likely evolve into "Zangoose"?
    First, I know it's been done before many times to have pokemon that seem really similar or are even the same kind of animal to have nothing to do with each other, but two different pokemon that are so similar to one another having nothing to do with each other seems really weird to me (I say with tongue in cheek due to Miltank=/= Tauros and Luvdisc=/=Alomoloa, but I still feel that the speculation is necessary).
    Plus Yungoos and Zangoose, the names are so similar to one another, plus the ordering of their first name letter seem like they were designed to be part of an evolution cycle together where the letter Z for Zangoose would most likely follow after the letter Y for Yungoos.
    Once again, wild speculation, but I just think the pokemon coincide with one another to easily to be completely unrelated. Thoughts?
    thats not a bad shout, hadn't even thought of the possibility even though the name was bugging me for some reason. I think the similarity to Zangoose is what bugged me and I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Years
  • I also want to comment on how beautiful the environment is and even the battle scenes and the battle menu! It's also incredibly helpful and newbie-friendly; especially the part of the battle menu where you can see how many stages a Pokemon's attack has been lowered, things like that. It's also pretty helpful for more veteran batters so they can plan their strategies accordingly.

I liked how the stat changes and type effectiveness are now displayed on the bottom screen, and while it was what I didn't see coming I think it's very helpful to those who aren't familiar with all the type matchups. However, it's bringing up concerns of hand-holding and the game made even easier.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Can we please talk about how darn beautiful this game looks? Just... look at it. We've come a long way.

Yeah the game looks absolutely amazing. I wish I was able to hear the music though. I couldn't hear it over them talking and background noise.

I also loved the battle interface layout and have no problem at all with the 'hand holding'. I don't think new players should have to research or do homework to play a new game they just want to enjoy and not be competitive.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Obviously, Pokemon isn't a hard game in the first place, but that in itself is subjective, and Game Freak's general goal is to appeal to as wide of a demographic as possible, even if it means those who haven't even played a Pokemon game before in their lives.

That's why part of me is like "wow just let them learn the hard way, cause that can be fun", but the other part of me is going "but it's also annoying sometimes, and it would be nice if new players had a bit more help". I feel like it goes either way. Though, learning the hard way might be kinda fun, but nowadays there are sooo many more types and moves then what we started out with. So I see how it can be overwhelming to figure them all out by yourself if you're a new player.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So am I the only person who thinks that "Yungoos" will most likely evolve into "Zangoose"?

I also thought of that. Plus Yungoose could also be a pun on Young and Mongoose. In other words a young Zangoose. Or maybe it's simply hinted at an evolution that isn't an old Mon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So is trainer customization actually confirmed or are people just assuming it's in? I didn't see their E3 presentation.

Also:
    the legendary mascot Pokémon (Solgaleo and Lunala) are to tie in with the storyline in a new unique way that the mascot legendaries never have before.
    I....hope that they really mean this and it's not just empty marketing phrases.

Not interested in the Battle Royale mode, but I'm glad they have how many stages a Pokemon's stats are lowered by on the battle screen.

Back