• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My mouth is on fire!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Another food poll. Yeah I know I like food alot, ok? ^^;

Do you like spicy food?
    How spicy can you usually tolerate food being?

I can tolerate some spicyness and I like it quite a bit. My tolerance level goes to about where I have to take a drnk after every bite of food because its so spicy or I cant taste other flavors in a food besides the heat. I actually would like to enjoy more spicy food as I dont have that much tolerance.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I can tolerate it and somewhat enjoy the burning. Though if it's a food that I know isn't intended to be this spicy...it just becomes gross. :T

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I can usually tolerate the spiciness, it's the taste that I typically don't like. Sour is much better, even though some sour things can be spicy, then it gets all confusing.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm use to eating spicy food. I can tolerate heat. My family is from Mexico, the food is prepared lots of chilies, jalapeños, and other hot spices are used. Its part of the flavor.

My grandma is teaching me to cook with spicy flavoring

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Spicy food is amazing :o I usually eat too much and leave my mouth all raw and stinging Dx

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Spicy food is amazing :o I usually eat too much and leave my mouth all raw and stinging Dx

Basically, this.

I love spicy food, especially of Thai or Chinese origin. Of course, I wouldn't go as far as eating the hottest chilli sauces in the world or eating a heap of wasabi, but I do like my food fairly hot.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Nah, I'm waayy too sensitive to spicy stuff. The spiciest I'll have is like.. a super mild sweet chili powder.. or a BBQ sauce. Even ginger is too spicy for me.. I hate that sort of "bite-y" feeling it gives you on your tongue.

I'm pretty sure I'm actually allergic to spicy foods or something (or probably just ultra sensitive). If I eat it, my tongue will go all spotted and sand-papery as if I drank something too (temperature) hot.. and will be like that for a couple days. It's as if the spiciness physically burns my tongue rather than just giving the sensation.

I prefer my food creamy or brothy or savoury.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I like a mild spicy sensation. I like the slight warmth that provides. A little bit of chili flake or oil

I don't like burn-my-mouth off, tear- or sweat-inducing levels of heat though.

Years
  • I love spicy food. Generally anything "spicy" at a restaurant - you know, like something on a menu with 3 chili pepper pictures next to it - is good for me. I'm sure there's a point where something would be too spicy for me, but most places don't make things that hot so I'm good.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I want to love spicy food like I used to. Those off-the-chart insane hot sauces they'd sell down south or in specialty shops? I could eat that with no more reprecussions than some tears and a burning tounge.

Now I'm old. ¦|

That's your answer.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I have no tolerance for spicy food... my tongue and mouth burn so bad I can barely stand it and I usually start screaming. Which means I can't eat any of the cooking by one of my uncles, who makes *everything* he cooks extra spicy...

Sir Codin

I slather lots of things in Tabasco or Tapatio sauce...sometimes hotter stuff. So, suffice it to say, yes.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Spicy food is nothing to me, went to Sichuan, aka the spiciest food in all of China, and it was like the spiciest food in the world, but I still could handle it, barely. After that, it was diarrhea every single day!!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I love spicy foods, it is my favorite type of food. I've caught myself putting crushed peppers on a lot of things that I eat such as Macaroni, Pizza, lasagna and chicken. Spicy food that is way too spicy can become nasty and might want to make you throw up.

:t354:TG

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I can tolerate some spicy foods, but I wouldn't mind trying the much spicier ones. Would like to try some Jalapeños and see how hot they can be.

Years
  • I don't mind spicy foods. They can't be super hot, though. Most things labeled medium are perfect. It's got the burn, but it's not so bad it consumes everything and I can only focus on how painful it is.

There was a phase I went through a few years back where I put red pepper flakes on everything so it'd be spicy. Still not sure what was up with that.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh my goodness, it really depends on what spicy foods. When it comes to jalapenos, hot sauce, salsa or anything with a "hot" rating, I can't tolerate it. At all.

When it comes to eating hot cheetoes, takis, chili powder, and enchiladas, I tend to tolerate them juuust a bit as long as I have a drink beside me. Without a drink, I tend to feel the burn for a long time. xD

Back