• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD #2] ★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★ [read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Yellow seems like a nice fellow if she's not too busy. Or if she is I suppose you could adopt me if you're up to it. I'm fairly flexible, so anything works really. xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Sydian sounds great, if that's what you think. ^^ Should I wait for a message from her, or..?

I'll go ahead and contact them. :3 You'll get an immediate response since she's online. :)

Yellow seems like a nice fellow if she's not too busy. Or if she is I suppose you could adopt me if you're up to it. I'm fairly flexible, so anything works really. xD

I wouldn't mind actually! I guess I can fit you in. Besides, Yellow already has a a lot of mentees to cover and Doronjo can't take in a lot. To save them a bit of room, I'll go ahead and send you a PM after I post this. :) I guarantee you that you'll have fun. :)

Cam Meekins

Banned
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in? I have experience as a role player, but I would enjoy dabbling into competitive battling and other aspects such as graphics and art.
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? I am most interested in getting to understand the competitive battling board. This is because I have heard many people stating that the competitive battling aspect of the game is very fulfilling and fun to play. I would like to try my hand at competitive battling despite the fact that I have not had much experience in this field.
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes, I would enjoy to venture into other parts of the forum such as a miscellaneous discussion area possibly or perhaps the art and graphics section :)
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would like to become a good competitive battler as well as get very involved with the community as far as blogging, battling, art, and role playing as well!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hi there, Cam! :)

Depending on your interest in either of the subjects, we have Miss Doronjo for Roleplay Corner, as well as PlatinumDude and Requility for Competitive Battling Center. And in terms of art, we have Cirno and Abnegation for the Art Gallery. I'd recommend you read their bios in the first post if you'd like to learn more about them, and once you tell me which section you're interested in learning more about, I'll go ahead and contact the mentor. :)

PokemonMaster Red

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in? i'm interested in the rom hacking( mostly game creation from scratch) I'm also interested in pokemon (ev's iv's and things of that nature) and iv breeding. I also want to learn about black 2 and white 2.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?I understand ev's and iv's somewhat but don't have a complete grasp of the concept. I have zero experience in game creation (including hacking) and would like to learn the basics if possible.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? Yes. I could easily go into boards discussing video games such as black and white and other threads that discuss all of the other games. I could also go out into parts discussing the anime and the manga.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? I'd like to make a bond with friends who have common interests with my self. I'd also like to become a involved community member.

This account is almost one year old but I didn't know what forums were all about at the time I made this account so I didn't use it. But my post count is under 100 so do I still qualify?

KinForce

Next Pokemon Champion
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in? Hm... actually i would love to start making teams for battling in tournaments and stuff, as well to trade new pokemon or maybe roleplay a little more ^^
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Uuuuh... i used once to be form pokecommunity but i feel lost, so the battling tournaments and rom emulators are new for me ^^; perhaps someone that lead me that way?
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yesh, like doing giveaways or opening a battle club ^^
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? uhm...get a tutor on online battling...make new pokefriends.. uhm.. and perhaps getting new baby pokemon to lv up... Im a good grinder ^^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in? i'm interested in the rom hacking( mostly game creation from scratch) I'm also interested in pokemon (ev's iv's and things of that nature) and iv breeding. I also want to learn about black 2 and white 2.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?I understand ev's and iv's somewhat but don't have a complete grasp of the concept. I have zero experience in game creation (including hacking) and would like to learn the basics if possible.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? Yes. I could easily go into boards discussing video games such as black and white and other threads that discuss all of the other games. I could also go out into parts discussing the anime and the manga.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? I'd like to make a bond with friends who have common interests with my self. I'd also like to become a involved community member.

This account is almost one year old but I didn't know what forums were all about at the time I made this account so I didn't use it. But my post count is under 100 so do I still qualify?

Well, unfortunately we *still* don't have any Emulation mentors available, but we definitely have a few BW2 mentors for you here. We currently have Jellicent for BW2, He hasn't mentored anyone yet (iirc), so he'd be super excited to have you! :)

1. What boards are you most interested in? Hm... actually i would love to start making teams for battling in tournaments and stuff, as well to trade new pokemon or maybe roleplay a little more ^^
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Uuuuh... i used once to be form pokecommunity but i feel lost, so the battling tournaments and rom emulators are new for me ^^; perhaps someone that lead me that way?
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yesh, like doing giveaways or opening a battle club ^^
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? uhm...get a tutor on online battling...make new pokefriends.. uhm.. and perhaps getting new baby pokemon to lv up... Im a good grinder ^^

Sounds like you have a ton of interests there! As of right now we have PlatinumDude for Competitive Battling Center (Requility already has a few mentors already, unless she's willing to take in another), as well as Miss Doronjo for Roleplay Corner. And we also have TwilightBlade, Sydian, and Livewire for Trade Corner. Which of these are you most interested in? I'd recommend you read their bios first before you decide. Who knows! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2012
    1. I like to trade, and I guess I'm interested in starting making teams for battling tournaments. Oh, and I want to learn about B/W 2
    2. With battling tournaments I'm at a total loss, maby someone to explain it to me?
    3. The arts and graphics section sounds quite fun.
    4. Well make new friends, try and complete the Unova Pokedex, and definatly get better at competitive battling!
    I hope someone will mentor me!

PokemonMaster Red

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Sounds good but how long do you think it will be for game creation(rpg maker, etc)/hacking mentor to be available. If you don't have any Ideas I'll go for the black 2 white 2 mentor.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1. I like to trade, and I guess I'm interested in starting making teams for battling tournaments. Oh, and I want to learn about B/W 2
    2. With battling tournaments I'm at a total loss, maby someone to explain it to me?
    3. The arts and graphics section sounds quite fun.
    4. Well make new friends, try and complete the Unova Pokedex, and definatly get better at competitive battling!
    I hope someone will mentor me!

Sounds like you're more into Competitive battling I see... yes? I think you may be a perfect match for either PlatinumDude and Requility. Both are great competitive battlers, as well as teachers.

Sounds good but how long do you think it will be for game creation(rpg maker, etc)/hacking mentor to be available. If you don't have any Ideas I'll go for the black 2 white 2 mentor.

We also have Abnegation for Game Development if you're also interested in that. I haven't heard back from the two ROM Hacking mentors who aren't available, and SwiftSign is still occupied by six other mentees at this time. Maybe that could be a good alternative just in case? If you're interested in Abnegation, I can go ahead and contact him in advance. :)

LadyAyeka

Warlord of Aurora
    Years
  • I'm new here, and the Notice on the top of the forum suggested I post here, so here goes...

1. What boards are you most interested in?

I'm definitely interested in the whole "Alternative Discussion" area. Also the "Spinoff games" area (as if my sig didn't make that obvious).

2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?

The sections on making games, be they ones from scratch or rom hacks. I have never made a game but I would be interested in learning how to do so.

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?

Yes. I'd like to explore the whole forum.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?

Mostly I just want to become an active part of the community, make friends, and hopefully become comfortable here. But, as I said, I'd be interested in the game making stuff. Also, though I'm more of a casual gamer, I'm still interested in battling people online, so if there are any other people who want to do that too, I'm open for it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2013
    Since I have played every pokemon game numerous times, I am most interested in the challenges and battling boards
    Also as you might be able to tell from my name, I am a huge Nintendo fan, and would love to get involved in the general videogames boards too.
    I would love to get into and understand competitive battling a little more, I have a very basic understanding of pokemon EVs and basic breeding etc but would love to learn more.
    Absolutely, especially if there are many discussions to be had and friends to be made.
    I'd love to make a Let's Play series at some point, but since everyone and their dog seems to be making one these days, I'd like some inspiration (perhaps in the challenges board) as to how to make mine stand out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2012
    First of all I'd like to say hi to everyone on the forum! :)

1 What boards are you most interested in?
    I'm interested in role play and emulator. They seem interesting and fun. I'd also be willing to play competitivly (did i spell that right?), but I'm really here to have fun.
    2 What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
    I think I know what role play is, but it would prob help fully understanding it. Same with emulator. I'm really ok at competitive battling, but a few tips would'nt hurt. :)
    3 Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
    Of course! The main thing i really came here for was to meet new people and find possible hidden talents of mine :)
    4 Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    Besides what I already shared? not really. I have no idea besides a basic one of what I'm doing in most stuff :)

Hope that helped. If any mentor would like to, well, mentor me, in something i've shared, it would be great. :)
    Truly yours- FailAvenger

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2012
    Sounds like you're more into Competitive battling I see... yes? I think you may be a perfect match for either PlatinumDude and Requility. Both are great competitive battlers, as well as teachers.

I think I would like to mentored by Requility.

Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in?
    Well I'm here for the Game Development forums so that would be my first choice. Not just hacking ROMs but full creation from scratch is my goal.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Hmm, I guess this is kind of optimistic but I would like to get involved in a varity of the forums. As for right now I think I'll just stick to the Game Development side of things though.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Yes, but as stated above I'd like to stick to my plan for the first little while.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    I recently started a project, though I do not feel like going into detail with it just yet, some things I would like to use PC for is to get guidance as well as maybe help/partners to help with said project.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Sorry to keep you all waiting, guys! Been really, really really busy. D:

One mentee has been dropped in care of SwiftSign, the Emulation mentor... so Pokemonpal7 shall be directed to him once I am done posting this. (Will PM in juuust a sec)

If you made your first post here and haven't done an introduction thread yet? I encourage you to do so! There's a few of you that I'd love to welcome you personally. :)

also.. MASS QUOTE POST INCOMING RAWR.

I'm new here, and the Notice on the top of the forum suggested I post here, so here goes...

I'm definitely interested in the whole "Alternative Discussion" area. Also the "Spinoff games" area (as if my sig didn't make that obvious).

The sections on making games, be they ones from scratch or rom hacks. I have never made a game but I would be interested in learning how to do so.

Yes. I'd like to explore the whole forum.

Mostly I just want to become an active part of the community, make friends, and hopefully become comfortable here. But, as I said, I'd be interested in the game making stuff. Also, though I'm more of a casual gamer, I'm still interested in battling people online, so if there are any other people who want to do that too, I'm open for it.

In terms of the Alternative Discussions forum... we have several mentors in that area. We currently have Toujours for Pokemon General, AlexOzzyCake for Pokemon Clubs, BinaryPeaches for Pokemon [and Other] Trivia, and donavannj for Pokemon TCG. Spin-Offs is part of General Pokemon Gaming so we have Sydian and bobandbill for that as well.

Depending on what you're interested in the most... you can expect the mentor I mentioned on top to be available. :D

Since I have played every pokemon game numerous times, I am most interested in the challenges and battling boards
    Also as you might be able to tell from my name, I am a huge Nintendo fan, and would love to get involved in the general videogames boards too.
    I would love to get into and understand competitive battling a little more, I have a very basic understanding of pokemon EVs and basic breeding etc but would love to learn more.
    Absolutely, especially if there are many discussions to be had and friends to be made.
    I'd love to make a Let's Play series at some point, but since everyone and their dog seems to be making one these days, I'd like some inspiration (perhaps in the challenges board) as to how to make mine stand out.

I think based on your request, you are very much suitable for Captain Fabio. He's a super mod and he used to mod the Video Games section, so he's quite the expert in that section. You and him will talk video games non-stop. :)

Buuuut, besides that...if you're interested in another section like the Challenges section, we also have Sydian who is awesome at challenges as well. :D

First of all I'd like to say hi to everyone on the forum! :)

1 What boards are you most interested in?
    I'm interested in role play and emulator. They seem interesting and fun. I'd also be willing to play competitivly (did i spell that right?), but I'm really here to have fun.
    2 What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
    I think I know what role play is, but it would prob help fully understanding it. Same with emulator. I'm really ok at competitive battling, but a few tips would'nt hurt. :)
    3 Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
    Of course! The main thing i really came here for was to meet new people and find possible hidden talents of mine :)
    4 Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    Besides what I already shared? not really. I have no idea besides a basic one of what I'm doing in most stuff :)

Hope that helped. If any mentor would like to, well, mentor me, in something i've shared, it would be great. :)
    Truly yours- FailAvenger

In case you need more knowledge of Roleplaying, we have Miss Doronjo and PkMnTrainer Yellow for the RP corner. :D And we also have PlatinumDude and Requility for CBC as well. Of course, it all depends on what you're interested in the most.

I think I would like to mentored by Requility.

Kay! I shall contact her in juuuuust a bit. :)

1) What boards are you most interested in?
    Well I'm here for the Game Development forums so that would be my first choice. Not just hacking ROMs but full creation from scratch is my goal.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Hmm, I guess this is kind of optimistic but I would like to get involved in a varity of the forums. As for right now I think I'll just stick to the Game Development side of things though.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Yes, but as stated above I'd like to stick to my plan for the first little while.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    I recently started a project, though I do not feel like going into detail with it just yet, some things I would like to use PC for is to get guidance as well as maybe help/partners to help with said project.

Awesome! Abnegation is currently available for Game Development. So would you like for me to get you set up with him?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back