• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD #2] ★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★ [read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasGB

Poke trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'm interested in role playing board
    I'd like.to understand more about the competitive battling and the roleplaying
    nah
    I'd like to find a role play that people can be Pokemon and other people catch them and that stuff

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2012
    1. What boards are you most interested in? I Enjoy the emulation and hacking game section , Also all the Friendly members :>

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? I have no experience in Emulation or Game ROM hacking but i would love to make my own Pokemon games.
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would like to learn more about the game battle section and in particularly the Rom hacking and emulation section maybe art

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?I would like to Make Pokemon games maybe join a team to make a series of games and have fun while doing it!:D

Hope you guys be able to find someone for me!:3 I look forward to having a mentor!

Shaf

Lonely MadNooB Trainer
    Years
  • I would like to get a mentor who can teach me the basics of scripting,rom hacking,sprites and etc. etc. related to emulation and hacking[rom hacking]

1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation and hacking games[especially rom hacking
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? I have very little experience in Emulation or Game ROM hacking.I want to know more on it and in details
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would like to learn more about the Rom hacking and emulation section particularly.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?I would like to Make my own pokemon game hacks by working with some renowned persons like destinedjagold and also would like to join a team to make a game and learn other things as well

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in? I guess the Pokemon Clubs and any Other Clubs are interesting, i like to interact with other people with same interests

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? hmmm, thats a tuffy. i guess emulation is pretty interesting, kinda cool playing old games, bringin back memories .
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? maybe gaming discussions, i play a couple from time to time, and i'd like to add my input

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? nothing much, maybe hacking, but mainly just getting to know the community :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm interested in role playing board
    I'd like.to understand more about the competitive battling and the roleplaying
    nah
    I'd like to find a role play that people can be Pokemon and other people catch them and that stuff

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Interested in the Roleplaying board? Miss Doronjo and PkMnTrainer Yellow are there to guide you around the RP section. It's a really great section and you'll love it there! ^_^

1. What boards are you most interested in? I Enjoy the emulation and hacking game section , Also all the Friendly members :>

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? I have no experience in Emulation or Game ROM hacking but i would love to make my own Pokemon games.
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would like to learn more about the game battle section and in particularly the Rom hacking and emulation section maybe art

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?I would like to Make Pokemon games maybe join a team to make a series of games and have fun while doing it!:D

Hope you guys be able to find someone for me!:3 I look forward to having a mentor!

I would like to get a mentor who can teach me the basics of scripting,rom hacking,sprites and etc. etc. related to emulation and hacking[rom hacking]

1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation and hacking games[especially rom hacking
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? I have very little experience in Emulation or Game ROM hacking.I want to know more on it and in details
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would like to learn more about the Rom hacking and emulation section particularly.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?I would like to Make my own pokemon game hacks by working with some renowned persons like destinedjagold and also would like to join a team to make a game and learn other things as well

@ both: Please bear in mind that we currently do not have any mentors available at this time for ROM Hacking/Emulation. SwiftSign, the mentor who was available to take in a few mentees for ROM Hacking, is unable to take in anyone anymore. And as I'll be a bit busy most of this week, I am unable to take in anyone.

DrFuji should be available by next week if you two are willing to wait till then, as well as dragon456. Unless you two are willing to sign up for a different section, that would be fine! For now, sorry for the inconvenience!

1) What boards are you most interested in? I guess the Pokemon Clubs and any Other Clubs are interesting, i like to interact with other people with same interests

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? hmmm, thats a tuffy. i guess emulation is pretty interesting, kinda cool playing old games, bringin back memories .
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? maybe gaming discussions, i play a couple from time to time, and i'd like to add my input

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? nothing much, maybe hacking, but mainly just getting to know the community :)

Yay! We have both AlexOzzyCake for Pokemon Clubs, and since Other Clubs is part of the Off-Topic board, we have Shining Raichu, Razor Leaf, and Livewire for that. Though, in my opinion, I'd totally recommend you Shining Raichu since he knows Other Clubs more. Your choice! All these mentors I mentioned are really nice and friendly. :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Well you don't have to worry about that, because I'm right here! Hey there Gallade, it's great to meet you - I'm Andy :)

Just for future reference you can contact people by going to their page and leaving a Visitor Message or sending them a PM - I'll go send you a VM right now!

JadeSkittles

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • PlatinumDude will contact you sometime today when he gets the chance. :D Since both of you are Competitive Battling Center, he'll be happy to take the two of you.

Okay then! As we have Cirno and Abnegation for the Art Gallery, are you willing to learn about that section, or do you want to follow my previous suggestion in my previous post? It's all up to you. (I suggested you Video Gaming and Roleplaying). :)

I'll follow your suggestion. :)

MrFantasy

Mysterious Trainer
    Years
  • Well I'm here because I'm really interested in the hacking department but I'm kind of an ultra noob working with old devices xD I mean I have figured out quite a bit on my own but I'd like to go pro if you will and start designing my own game.

TomSucka

Tom
    Years
    • Age 26
    • SA
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    1. I am interested in the Emulation board and Advance Generation Games board.
    2. Emulation board.
    3. Oh yes.
    4. Interact with the community, make new friends, and play Pokemon games!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • thanks, but im clueless about how to contact shining raichu

I think Raichu gotcha covered! xD Have fun you two!

I'll follow your suggestion. :)

I contacted PkMnTrainer Yellow for Roleplaying. She'll be on to take you in when she can. :D

Well I'm here because I'm really interested in the hacking department but I'm kind of an ultra noob working with old devices xD I mean I have figured out quite a bit on my own but I'd like to go pro if you will and start designing my own game.

Repeating what I said to both Shaf and Thegame23, all three Emulation/ROM Hacking mentors are currently unavailable and cannot take in any mentees at this time. Unless a mentee drops out with SwiftSign, I'll see if he can take in more, but in the meantime, you might have to wait till next week for DrFuji and dragon456 to return. :/

1. I am interested in the Emulation board and Advance Generation Games board.
    2. Emulation board.
    3. Oh yes.
    4. Interact with the community, make new friends, and play Pokemon games!

I recommend you to explain #3, as it does not tell me anything. :(

As I explained to the guy above, all Emulation mentors are unavailable at this time. But, since your second choice is Advanced Generation Gaming (which is part of the General Pokemon Gaming board), we have both Sydian and bobandbill for that. :3 Both are available and are willing to take you in.

TomSucka

Tom
    Years
    • Age 26
    • SA
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    I recommend you to explain #3, as it does not tell me anything. :(

As I explained to the guy above, all Emulation mentors are unavailable at this time. But, since your second choice is Advanced Generation Gaming (which is part of the General Pokemon Gaming board), we have both Sydian and bobandbill for that. :3 Both are available and are willing to take you in.

Well, what I meant by "Oh yes" is that I plan on eventually sprouting out to different threads and topics on the forum in time.

And since no Emulation Mentors are open at the time, I'd have to change Emulation to the Role Play Corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flute

Full-time loser
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in?
    I am most interested in Emulation/ROMhacking boards, along with Advanced Generation GBA boards. But not FRLG. I don't like FRLG.

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
    The board I would be most interested in getting to understand would have to be the challanges. I love challanges, they're the most fun thing I've ever done on Pokemon. I've used these boards as references for challanges before, but I wasn't a member of these forums before and I didn't record them, so they were kindof pointless...

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
    I would love to get to know the community as best as I could along with expanding my range of things to do during the summer, so yes I would love to, but I don't have Gen 4-5 games or alternate-series games, so there's not much I could do. I could play the Gen4-5 on an emulator, but there's still the problem of not having wi-fi on an emulator.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    Yes, I love to check out the ROMhacking boards and the Advanced Generation GBA boards, along with getting to know new people, though honestly I haven't been able to do the latter much due to my abnormally short time on these boards.

Off-topic but still on-topic, I love spriting, but I've noticed there's no board on the Forums for it. Or maybe there is. I didn't really look.

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    1. What boards are you most interested in?
    I'm a pretty curious girl, and I'm interested in just about everything that's worth looking at. I'm serious. xD I'd say I'd really like to get into the roleplaying forums, since that's something I greatly enjoy. Though I've been RPing for several years now, I know that each site has its own 'traditions,' so to speak, and having a mentor with some experience here would help to ease me in. I'm also interested in the game-making forums. Similarly, I have a fair amount of experience with RPG Maker.
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?

I'll probably ask my mentor about anything that's not featured on forums I've hung out at previously. The clubs are something I'm curious about for sure, but others will surely pop up as I learn my way around.

I most certainly would. I'd love to get to know as many aspects of the community as I can, and make some friends in the process.

Roleplaying is one of the major reasons I joined this forum, but I'm a talker in general. I'm not interested in trading or battling at the moment, as I'm not currently playing any generation 4 or 5 games, but that will change as time goes on.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, what I meant by "Oh yes" is that I plan on eventually sprouting out to different threads and topics on the forum in time.

And since no Emulation Mentors are open at the time, I'd have to change Emulation to the Role Play Corner.

In fact...I was going through the mentor list, and one of the mentors in SwiftSign's list dropped out due to inactivity. Since I haven't heard of the other mentees (probably they...left?), I can go ahead and set you up with SwiftSign if that's alright with you?

I am most interested in Emulation/ROMhacking boards, along with Advanced Generation GBA boards. But not FRLG. I don't like FRLG.

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
    The board I would be most interested in getting to understand would have to be the challanges. I love challanges, they're the most fun thing I've ever done on Pokemon. I've used these boards as references for challanges before, but I wasn't a member of these forums before and I didn't record them, so they were kindof pointless...

I would love to get to know the community as best as I could along with expanding my range of things to do during the summer, so yes I would love to, but I don't have Gen 4-5 games or alternate-series games, so there's not much I could do. I could play the Gen4-5 on an emulator, but there's still the problem of not having wi-fi on an emulator.

Yes, I love to check out the ROMhacking boards and the Advanced Generation GBA boards, along with getting to know new people, though honestly I haven't been able to do the latter much due to my abnormally short time on these boards.

Off-topic but still on-topic, I love spriting, but I've noticed there's no board on the Forums for it. Or maybe there is. I didn't really look.

We do have a Pixel Art thread, actually!

You're...gonna have to wait if you want Emulation. As you can see above, I just directed TomSucka to SwiftSign whom I just opened a spot for a mentee.

But in the meantime, since you're interested in Challenges and Advanced Generation Gaming, I think you'll be perfect for Sydian. She's a challenges player, and she knows her way around. :) So I can set you up for her? :)

I'm a pretty curious girl, and I'm interested in just about everything that's worth looking at. I'm serious. xD I'd say I'd really like to get into the roleplaying forums, since that's something I greatly enjoy. Though I've been RPing for several years now, I know that each site has its own 'traditions,' so to speak, and having a mentor with some experience here would help to ease me in. I'm also interested in the game-making forums. Similarly, I have a fair amount of experience with RPG Maker.
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?

I'll probably ask my mentor about anything that's not featured on forums I've hung out at previously. The clubs are something I'm curious about for sure, but others will surely pop up as I learn my way around.

I most certainly would. I'd love to get to know as many aspects of the community as I can, and make some friends in the process.

Roleplaying is one of the major reasons I joined this forum, but I'm a talker in general. I'm not interested in trading or battling at the moment, as I'm not currently playing any generation 4 or 5 games, but that will change as time goes on.

We have Miss Doronjo and PkMnTrainer Yellow can take in a couple more mentees if need be. :D They're both regulars of the RP corner and have been present there for a very long time. :D

I'm...also up for an RP mentor if both of them aren't able to. I guess I can try to fit in a mentee while I am busy. :) It's your choice! ^_^

Flute

Full-time loser
    Years
  • But in the meantime, since you're interested in Challenges and Advanced Generation Gaming, I think you'll be perfect for Sydian. She's a challenges player, and she knows her way around. :) So I can set you up for her? :)

Sydian sounds great, if that's what you think. ^^ Should I wait for a message from her, or..?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • @Meganium90: I've adopted JadeSkittles. ^^ Also, I sometimes forget exactly how long I've been at the Roleplay Corner, relatively speaking.

TomSucka

Tom
    Years
    • Age 26
    • SA
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    In fact...I was going through the mentor list, and one of the mentors in SwiftSign's list dropped out due to inactivity. Since I haven't heard of the other mentees (probably they...left?), I can go ahead and set you up with SwiftSign if that's alright with you?

That's okay with me, I'd love to!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back