• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallylicious

アラン
Years
Havent updated in a while so heres a simple one.

Defeated my rival with ease,
defeated Cubones mother and the 3 rockets up the stairs to obtain the pokeflute.
Then challenged and defeated Erika, acid worked a charm.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spr_3f_073.png
Zenny L45
-Giga Drain
-bubblebeam
-attract
-acid

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
well im doin ok:

I'm with Ven my Vibrava in Petalburg, we beat flannery and team aqua once again.
flannery wasn't too much of a challenge for Ven and neither was archie, but Norman aka "DAD" is a real pain, he's got yawn facade slash more facade all at his disposal leaving me ehausted against the final Slaking specifically created to finish me off :(
so im stuck.
and i know i can't skip this gym because i need surf >:(
what to do what to do?.....
Edit: I know what to do! cuz i did it!!! YES! I BEAT HIM! anyway, i am now on my way to wally's house to get surf, then i will teach it to my hm slave and head for Mauville once again!

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like to sign up for this, I'll play through Pokémon Blue using Ponyta > Rapidash

I'll start now and post an update at the first Gym.

Adventure Log #1

→ Started up the Emulator & Pokémon Blue
→ Did the introduction and named the character Joe (after myself ofcourse)
→ Went through the basics and chose Charmander
→ Did the errand for Oak and got his Parcel and in exchange received the Pokédex
→ Bought some Pokéballs and hacked to get Ponyta
→ Grinded my way through Viridian Forest and reached Pewter City
→ Entered Pewter Gym and took out JR. Trainer
→ Took on Brock and won first time round surprisingly with Ponyta only at Level 11 and a weakness to rock, Ponyta grew to Level 12 and I obtained the Boulder Badge & TM 34 Bide, onto Cerulean City!

Current Team

Ponyta - Level 12
rbspr077.png

~ Ember

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
Time for a larger update.

I continued to the SS Anne, beat my rival handily and got HM Cut.
Beat Lt. Surge easily using Dig.
Then beat Erika using Secret poewr.
got the Silph scope.
Beat the pokemon tower.
Went to Fuchsia city.
Got the Surf and Strenght HM.
Beat Koga using Substitute and Secret power.
Surfed to cinnibar island and beat Blaine with Dig.

Now on 1 island.

Eevee lvl 55
Brave nature
Secret power
Bite
Dig
Substitute

Edit:
Went to 2 island to deliver the meteorite, but got asked to find Lostella. who is lost.
Went to 3 island and found lostella.
Went back to 2 island to deliver lostella and the meteorite.
Went to Saffron city to beat the rockets and Sabrina. Both where easy.
Then I went to Viridian to beat Giovanna using a combination of Substitute and Dig.

Doing some grinding.

beating my rival once more.
Going trough the victory road.

MASSIVE GRINDING IN THE VICTORY ROAD.

Ready to challenge the league now.

Eevee
Brave nature
Double-edge
Bite
Dig
Substitute

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Adventure Log #2

→ Defeated Trainers On Route 3 & Ponyta Grew A Few Levels
→ Entered Mt. Moon and explored the First Floor, Did ALOT of griding, battled ALOT of trainers and found ALOT of items,
Second floor, did some more grinding, took on alot of Rockets, choose a fossil (Helix)
and exited Mt. Moon.
→ Made my way to Cerulean City (did abit of grinding on the way) - Explored Cerulean city and made my way North upto Bill's house where I encountered Rival Gary, thankfully I had overleveled Ponyta slightly so I won fairly easily.
→ Battled the Nugget Bridge trainers and defeated them all and earned myself a Nugget!
Battled some more trainers on the way... waiting for Ponyta to learn another move other than Ember! - Reached Bills house, and got the S.S. Ticket!
→ Healed my Pokémon and entered the Cerulean City Gym, defeated both trainers but with a weakness to water I see this gym being a struggle for Ponyta.
After several (atleast 15) failed attempts and being 10 levels over, I finally defeated Misty and her dreaded Starmie.. Once Ponyta learned Stomp.. At Level 32, I got the Cascade Badge and TM 11 (Bubblebeam) not like it's much use to me, anyway.. onto Vermillion City!

Current Team

Ponyta - Level 32
rbspr077.png

~ Ember
~ Tail Whip
~ Stomp

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Suicune only started today and his pokemon is already lvl32....

Finished the watson quest and gotten over to next section of the hoenn region, got castform, put it in PC, ven did alot of grinding, had to get another Mew as HM slave.
beaten Winona, heading over to safari zone and then to lillycove city, Ven lvl47 and climbing.
incase you wanna know, my 2 mews are lvl16 and lvl26.
Edit: OMG! HAD HUGE PROBLEMS WITH THIS GODDAMN ***** TRAINER USING MILOTIC TWISTER AND WATER PULSE PISSING ME OFF!!! LOST BOTH MY HM SLAVES AND 23 POTIONS!!!! >:(
Edit 2: Uh Oh, gtgo stop team aqua again.
Edit 3: finished drama got blue orb, heading for slateport.

Hanger on current team:
Spr_5b_329.png

Ven the Vibrava.
LVL: 50
Moves: Crunch, Dragonbreath, Facade, Sand Tomb.
Holding: Everstone.
Ribbon: 1
Stats:
HP: 131
ATK: 83
DEF: 72
SP.ATK: 70
SP.DEF: 62
SPD: 106
Nature: Timid.
Ability: Levitate.

Spr_5b_151.png

H,m the Mew.
LVL: 18
Slave Moves: Rock Smash, Surf, Cut, Flash.
Nature: Sassy
Holding: Nothing
Ribbon: 0
Stats:
46 ATK
64 HP
42 DEF
46 SP.ATK
37 SPD.
40 SP.DEF
Ability: Synchronize.

Spr_5b_151.png

H,m2 the Mew
LVL: 25
Slave Moves: Strength, Fly.
Nature: Rash
Holding: Nothing
Ribbon: 0
Stats:
61 ATK
90 HP
55 DEF
61 SP.ATK
60 SPD.
53 SP. DEF
Ability: Synchronize.

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Forgot to ask if it was okay if I put my solo challenge with Poliwrath on hold? Got wrapped up in other things atm but I want to return to it at one point, cheers.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I'm sorry to announce that I'm no longer going to be doing the whole story thing. I've lost pretty much all motivation/inspiration/desire to write it, and if I have none of that, then I can't write.

But I do have an update on my Nidoking Challenge. After sitting and gathering dust for a while (due to the game Okami, one of the best games ever), I picked it back up from after beating Roxanne.

-Recovered Devon Goods and saved Peeko
-Sailed to Dewford
-Utterly destroyed Brawly with Peck and got his badge
-Delivered the Letter to Steven
-Sailed to Slateport
-Protected Capt. Stern from Team Magma
-Delivered the Goods (this sounds really illegal out of context)
-Traveled to Mauville
-Got HM 06
-Beat Wally easily (Lvl. 36 or so Nidorino vs. Lvl 16 Ralts. No match there at all.)
-Double Kicked my way past Wattson's team to get his badge
-Opened up Rusturf Tunnel and got HM 04
-Went all the way to Fallarbor, which I will never be seeing again (useless town is useless)
-Found Team Magma taking the Meteorite
-Rode the Cable Car up the volcano
-Flattened Archie with Horn Attack and Double Kick
-Biked down the volcano to Lavaridge
-Stomped Flannery with Horn Attack (Poison Point helped against Torkoal) to get her badge
-Sailed back to Petalburg
-Utterly demolished Norman with Double Kick and luck for his badge
-Got HM 03 and taught it to Titan
-Shut down the power generator in New Mauville to get TM 24 and taught it to Titan

Current Stats:
NidokingNormalSprite.gif

Titan the Nidoking
Level 47
Moves:
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick
-Surf
-Thunderbolt

More to come later.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2011
Starting a Scizor Ultimate Solo Challenge.
I started off with Fire Red:
-Started game and picked Squirtle as my starter for surf.
-Hacked game so that a wild Scizor would appear on Route 1.
-After 3 deaths and about 17 Poke Balls I caught my Scizor.
-Nicknamed him Edward(Edward Scissorhands reference)
-Trained to level 6 then stopped and went back to work on Soul Silver playthrough.

More to come tommorow

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
I'm going for a.....3rd?

Hmm so it seems this will be my third Ultimate solo challenge I shall be embarking on(and no doubt completing), if you remember when I started my ultimate solo with Kabutops I was deciding over whether to use Kabutops or Nidoking, and as Wingman chose Nidoking(and the fact that we both did Metagross before) I chose Kabutops. But now I've decided to start my own Nidoking journey across all regions+Unova/isshu.

Anyway I'm just gonna say this challenge wont go as fast as others I did as 1 I have alot of other games to play so I will just be doing this when I have nothing else to do, so don't expect me to finish Kanto in a matter of hrs or anything :P. Also to anyone who has ever though of using Nidoran-Nidoking I have to say they have a very great moveset for early parts of the game, peck for grass, fire rival starters and double kick for brock, and some other great moves(not to mention poison point as the ability).

blue

gucci
Years
Adventure Log #3

→ Made my way out of Cerulean City through the house and battled a team Rocket Member & obtained TM28 (Dig)
→ Headed South onto Route 6 where I battled a few trainers and did abit of grinding, Ponyta grew to Level 33!
→ Got to Vermillion City, healed up Ponyta and explored Vermillion City, got the Bike Voucher and a few items from the Mart
Went onto Route 11 and did abit of training and battled all the trainers, Ponyta grew a couple of Levels.
→ Onto the S.S. Anne!
Got all the items on the first floor and battled all the trainers,
Onto the lower deck, battled all the trainers and got all the items ~ Taught Ponyta TM08 (Body Slam)
Onto the upper front deck, battled all the trainers on the front.
Onto the Second (and final) floor, battled all the trainers in their cabins, got all the items and took on Rival Gary even though I was 20 Levels over, ah well makes it an easy win!
Helped out the Captain, obtained HM01 (Cut) and got off the S.S. Anne!
→ Healed Ponyta (and taught Cut to Charmander) and entered the Vermillion City Gym
Battled all 3 trainers in there and solved the switch puzzle (quicker than usual)
→ Took on LT. Surge with no problem, Voltorb Lv. 21, Pikachu Lv. 18 & Raichu Lv. 24
Defeated LT. Surge and got the Thunder Badge & TM26 (Thunderbolt) Ponyta grew to Level 40 and evolved into Rapidash! - Onto Celadon City!

Current Team

#078 Rapidash - Level 40

rbspr078.png

~ Ember
~ Body Slam
~ Stomp
~ Growl

Last edited:
Years
AND another solo run complete. Lucky the Lickitung swept the entire league without healing! Let's see, end team:

Lucky lvl 78
Body Slam, Earthquake, Surf and Thunderbolt

CutMaster the Charmander lvl 6
Scratch, Growl, Cut and Strength

Flyboy the Doduo lvl 21
Don't actually know its moveset apart from Fly XD

I think that I'll do this as an ultimate, so onto Silver version for me! Btw, that was completed on Red, and I'll be doing Ruby and then Platinum after. Do I get listed as a winner of Red Solo with Lickitung, or does that only happen at the very end after all 4 regions? And if whoever is the organiser for this thread wouldn't mind, could i be added to the list of winners for Leaf Green with Weezing? Thanks

AND another solo run complete. Lucky the Lickitung swept the entire league without healing! Let's see, end team:

Lucky lvl 78
Body Slam, Earthquake, Surf and Thunderbolt

CutMaster the Charmander lvl 6
Scratch, Growl, Cut and Strength

Flyboy the Doduo lvl 21
Don't actually know its moveset apart from Fly XD

I think that I'll do this as an ultimate, so onto Silver version for me! Btw, that was completed on Red, and I'll be doing Ruby and then Platinum after. Do I get listed as a winner of Red Solo with Lickitung, or does that only happen at the very end after all 4 regions? And if whoever is the organiser for this thread wouldn't mind, could i be added to the list of winners for Leaf Green with Weezing? Thanks

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well, i think i might finish the game today, or atleast this month... i think.

Did i mention i beat Winona? yeah no sweat! Tate and Liz weren't too much of a problem either, it was a double battle so i needed a HM slave in there too, buncha revives and hyper potions did the trick.
afterwards i headed for the team aqua problem, got to Kyogre and beat archie again of course, Archie realizes what a horrible mistake he's made and walks away, tralala, i go to Sootopolis, go in the cave of...can't remember it's name, battled Kyogre, captured it for a trade to another game, named it Nepo, Nepo being the greek (i think) word for water.
Battled Wallace, he was a real problem considering Ven's type but after teaching Ven Earthquake i beat Seleo 1HKO And the other water types 2HKO.
On my way to the big leagues and Victory road, Ven about lvl54 or so.

YES!!! TONY LEAGUE CHAMPION!!!! AWSOMENESS!!!!
SCREENSHOTS:
Completed Challenge!!!!

Attachments

• Pokemon Sapphire_01.png
    Pokemon Sapphire_01.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Pokemon Sapphire_02.png
    Pokemon Sapphire_02.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Pokemon Sapphire_03.png
    Pokemon Sapphire_03.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Pokemon Sapphire_04.png
    Pokemon Sapphire_04.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on second USC with Girafarig.

- Started Crystal, I'm Gerry, picked Totodile, you're Gack, blah, blah.
- Hack time!

ultsolo2wtf.png

WTF? Confusion (L7) and Stomp (L13) already?!?

- Named him Palin.
- Used Tackle until L7.
- Confusion Rapes Sprout Tower.
- Challenged Violet City gym.

ultsolo2faulkner.png

Pidgey > OHKO Confusion, Pigeotto > OHKO crit Confusion lol. That damage is from a Spearow - the first gym trainer.

- Caught a Hoothoot, saved.

Team Gerry:
Spr_2c_203.gif

Palin the Girafarig, ♂ - L13
Moves: Confusion, Tackle, Growl, Stomp
Spr_2c_158.gif

Totodile, ♂ - L7
Slave Moves: None yet
Spr_2c_163.gif

Hoothoot, ♂ - L4
Slave Moves: Flash

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Um, i don't see myself in the Champions section, would someone mind putting me there please?
Edit: oh wow, i bred my Ven with a nincada and the egg hatched shiny! shiny Trapinch called Leo!
This place really needs to be updated! not only me, but my sister just joined and we are not even on the list of challengers list, and not just that, i saw that the ultimate fail has finished his rattata solo run on pokemon firered, yet he is still in the kanto ultimate solo runners list! i think someone else should make an updated list, and if no one will step up to make this list, it will be me!

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Hey, sign me up for a Heart Gold solo challenge using the Totodile family.

---------------------------------------

LOG ONE:
Spoiler:

158.png

Champ the Totodile, Level 12
Hardy nature, Loves to eat
Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Rage

Years
Well, I'm glad to be back after a lack of a laptop for a month, and then no internet for a LONG time. I will update sometimes, not super often, but quite a lot.
After clearing up my laptop, I accidentally erased my diamond part of Blast's solo run, so I will be starting it again. I will very likely update again today.

EDIT: I have obtained the first gym badge from Roark, which was easy thanks to Dragon Rage, and I may update later today, if I'm not feeling too lazy.

Blast/Charmeleon:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back