• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC: Get-Together 2020: Event Organisers Wanted

Years

• We are once again nearing the time for our annual PokéCommunity Get-Together. This year we're celebrating our community by building communities of our own in Pokémon Crossing! You will be split into two teams tasked with earning points that can be used to customise your team's very own Pokémon village.

What is the Get-Together?

DVtAlqN.png

The Get-Together, or GT, is a huge spectacle we hold every year here on PC. Essentially, the whole community comes together to participate in lots of fun games and events together. There's usually some sort of theme, like this year's Pokémon Crossing, but it all boils down to the same friendly fun.

Event Suggestion Sign-Ups

jchu5ui.png

With that all said and done, we are now opening up sign-ups for Event Organisers and are taking event suggestions. Please reply to this thread if you're interested in hosting or co-hosting an event and let us know what kind of event you would like to run. We are looking for people who are willing to host longform events as usual, but this year we would also like to increase the number of small, repeatable events like the Cards Against Humanity or Pictionary sessions that have become common. Sign-ups are open until June 30. After that, the chosen Event Organisers will be given access to a special EO forum where they can properly plan out their events with us.

Events and Organisers

R5o1yIl.png

Virtual Pokemon Pet (Caite-chan)
    Jackbox/Picture Telephone (Fafrir)
    Paint-and-Describe/Two Truths, One Lie/Forum Game Spotlight (Aldo)
    Art Contest (Dr Chaco)
    Webgame Contest (#NotImportant)
    Egg Swap (HeroLinik)
    Map-Off (Xorn, Corviknight)
    Small Writing Competition (bobandbill/gimmepie/Bay)
    Who's That Pokemon (Hyzenthlay)
    Pokemon Challenge/Choose Your Own Adventure (Janp)
    Cards Against Humanity/Pictionary (Aslan)
    Video Game Trivia (Corviknight)
    VG Arcade (mewtwolover)
    Prettiest profile Contest (Eleanor)
    Fortune Cup (Dragon)
    EpicMafia (gimmepie)

Remember to keep an eye out for a later announcement of when the 2020 GT will begin and end!
    Art source.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Just letting you know I will be busy from June 27-July 3.

As for events, I would love to help out with Jackbox (I have 1-4 + Drawful 2 but will also get 5-6 because Steam sale is close to that date) and a picture telephone game using either Broken Picturephone (no account required, just need the room code) or Drawception (able to use restricting palettes and private games will hosted by me using a link but you'll need an account and I think I might need to spend Ducks for bonus games).

Last edited:

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Would be willing to host Paint & Describe again and add 2 Truths & 1 Lie and a Forum Games Spotlight to the mix~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I was thinking of a quick art contest this year, but i don't know if it's going to clash with paint and describe.
    This event would be like how fast you can do a drawing, sketch, etc in a limited amount of time

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • I'm thinking of a web competition, whoever designs the best web game wins. (Still brainstorming the rewards I could give)
    Looking for judges, PM me if you are interested

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Will this get together be points based like the last get together or we will need to have rewards ready for the participants?

Years
  • I'm thinking of a web competition, whoever designs the best web game wins. (Still brainstorming the rewards I could give)
    Looking for judges, PM me if you are interested

You don't really need to give out rewards beyond points. I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say web game either, but I shall add you to the list. Just let me know what you mean.

Will this get together be points based like the last get together or we will need to have rewards ready for the participants?

It will be points based essentially, but the presentation will be different as the idea is that earning points will help your team build their town.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • You don't really need to give out rewards beyond points. I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say web game either, but I shall add you to the list. Just let me know what you mean.

It will be points based essentially, but the presentation will be different as the idea is that earning points will help your team build their town.

A game on a website. Made in HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I also put a website together quickly to explain the challenge.
    challenge 1.png

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    More or less I have a template like this:

Quick art contest
    Time limit: 1 hour
    Categories:
    • tablet, drawing pad.
    • Real life pencil color drawings
    A random pokemon will be selected using a random number generator (random.org) from all existing pokemon. The drawings will be free style without any particular theme. Remember you only have 1 hour to finish. Once time is up you will have 5 minutes to post your results. After that time no more submissions will be allowed.
    Evaluation:
    1. The pokemon resemblance/anatomy to the original design
    2. Creativity and originality. (like modifying some characteristics of the pokemon and the scenario).
    3. Color or shades (Color and constrast if it's in color, different ranges of shades if its black and white).

Alternative rule regarding the selection of the pokemon:
    A random pokemon will be selected for each participant. Each pokemon will be different to prevent a participant from copying another participant's idea.

You can use any image of the pokemon as reference but remember to be original.

Start time:
    Finish time:
    Remember to convert to your actual time zone

Ideas in consideration:
    Different rounds during the day to allow people to participate
    A minimum of 10 participants per round

I'm trying to see if it can be something like more of an active event than an event where you can leave it to the last minute

I'm still thinking if it would be possible to have at least 2 or 3 judges that can co-host during different times of the day in case one is unable to be the judge of one rounds the other can be there, but the art events always depend on the number of participants and sometimes there are less than 5, so i was thinking that maybe making it an active event would motivate more people to participate. Again everything depends on the number of participants. It can always be changed back to the usual art events. But as I said before, maybe making it more active and breaking the monotony.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I can host or co-host an event! Perhaps something related to Poketrivia? I don't have any specific ideas currently but should be available to help out if needed!

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    If I'm not too late, I'll also take Egg Swap this year. Might as well not break with tradition. ^^

Anyone doing movie night this year?

Back