• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Library- Pokemon Manga Fanclub!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Username: DDDchu
Favorite Manga: Pokemon Adventures
Favorite Character: Red

So I started Pokemon Adventures a few years ago but stopped when I moved. I am on Volume 9, and I gotta pick it up at the library again one of these days. Love love LOVE what I read. It's also my first manga ever that I read. So yeah, hi!

so you never finished the gsc arc Accepted! There are some apps/websites and you can look up and read them on, but we aren't allowed to link so you can search for them. :3

Victini I guess since you didn't link it's ok but shhh....

Ok new topic: If you were in charge of one of the manga for a whole volume, what is something you would have put in there?

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
I'm glad to be a club member! I'm sort of new to the world of Pokemon manga but thanks to jb2448.info I can read the manga online. :)
That's the site I use for my reading! It's so helpful, and it's free too. 'Tis great.

Also...what would I do? I would make it very Team Rocket-centered, and make them succeed in their world domination gig. Also, I would make some of the shippings I support be canon.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Sorry guys it's just I've gotten in trouble (well, told not to do that, I didn't get in actual trouble)for mentioning some apps and websites you can read them on before and I'm very paranoid about even saying the site's name. >.<U That's just me.

But I use that site too, very nice, I just wish there was a little more of "How I Became a Pokemon Card" but eh I haven't even finished what they have up there yet. >w>

@Victini If the author of EToP said "Here you decide what happens in Volume 5" or "What would you prefered happened in this Volume?", what would you do? Just like Rain T. said up there. :3 If ya canmt think of anything you'd do/change that's fine too.~

@Rain T Yes all the ships \o/ Jk if one is Agency though I'm all in

As for my answer, I don't think I would have been able to be even half as mean to the characters in PokeSpe as Kusaka is, so I probably would have ended up with a softer manga, which in this case isn't much of a good thing lol...... And the entire Emerald arc would have been worse because of that I think....

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I very much enjoyed the Emerald Arc but I'm not sure why. But Emerald by himself stood out a lot to me and I liked him instantly, and his backstory made me upset at the people around him. And the fact that a lot of people hate him for 'replacing wally' gets on my nerves, I can't stand it when people say "that shoulda been wally". As much as I love Wally just hearing his name brought up for ORAS lately makes me cringe, and that sucks because he's just as good a character. sorry it's like 11:30 at night right now and I felt like I needed to rant >.>

Also, there's going to be a PokeSpe Abridged Parody series soon! Me and my sister(who is promoting it on her tumblr blog) are going to be using scans and giving full credit from those for and I just thought I'd share it here. Not sure of the actual date of release but we're working on it. >w>

also while nobody cares I went to the bookstore today and found Pokemon Adventure Best of Red and pretty much all the DPA books(but we only got the first and second volumes) and I'm pretty excited.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
To be honest...I found Emerald a little obnoxious. Perhaps I only needed to read further and he'd get better, but I plan on finished the Sinnoh volumes before reading anything else.

Years
Username: Spoony6205
Favorite Pokemon Manga: Well I've only read The Electric Tale of Pikachu but I love it! Am waiting for my order of the first Black & White volume to arrive!
Your favorite character(human or Pokemon) from that/those manga: Pikachu!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Can't believe I didn't see this till now!

Username: Aslan
Favorite Pokemon Manga: Pokemon Adventures
Your favorite character (human or Pokemon) from that/those manga: Gold! I've always loved how goofy and super lovable his personality was. :)

I don't remember much of Emerald since the last time I read Pokemon Adventures was in 2012 but he seemed alright! I think I'd of liked Wally as well but Emerald's not bad either.

Also it's been so long since I've read the manga that I honestly don't know what arc/volume I would rewrite or replace. I don't think there was anything that was 'oh god replace this' material though!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Username: Spoony6205
Favorite Pokemon Manga: Well I've only read The Electric Tale of Pikachu but I love it! Am waiting for my order of the first Black & White volume to arrive!
Your favorite character(human or Pokemon) from that/those manga: Pikachu!

Can't believe I didn't see this till now!

Username: Aslan
Your favorite character (human or Pokemon) from that/those manga: Gold! I've always loved how goofy and super lovable his personality was. :)

I don't remember much of Emerald since the last time I read Pokemon Adventures was in 2012 but he seemed alright! I think I'd of liked Wally as well but Emerald's not bad either.

Also it's been so long since I've read the manga that I honestly don't know what arc/volume I would rewrite or replace. I don't think there was anything that was 'oh god replace this' material though!

Sorry for the delay but you two are accepted! Didn't mean to be off site for that long. ^.^U

also aslan I think you should follow spoony's lead and read bw it's so beautiful at least I think so~ XD

Trying to think of a new topic at 11pm is hard I'll do it later -w-U

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
Username: Embernight
Your favorite character from that manga: I'd have to say Ruby because his character is well designed and he has a pretty interesting back story. Although Yellow, Crystal, and Diamond come close as well.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Username: Embernight
Your favorite character from that manga: I'd have to say Ruby because his character is well designed and he has a pretty interesting back story. Although Yellow, Crystal, and Diamond come close as well.

Accepted! ^.^

Ok new topic like I promised guys: Favorite manga Villain?

Those characters you might love to hate, the ones you'd like to see get beaten up by the protagonist/s we're looking at you sird, the ones you'd just die to see a redemption arc, of any "bad guy" organization or just the petty theives of the chapter, who was your favorite??

As for me personally, I just really loved Pokespe's version of Giovanni. He seemed a tad different than the usual "Gio is evil and hates all" character he has gamewise and animewise. He occasionally showed nobility and honor in some fights, but cold hearted malice in others. plus I cried like a baby at him in frlg no spoilers but seriously dude stop... He might be tied with DPA's Cyrus though. As I've only read to book two, I can't say I know him well enough, but from his fight with Hareta I saw that he ACTUALLY SHOWED EMOTION BUT THEN OH NO HE HAS ISSUES WITH THAT. That scene is probably my favorite so far.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
Favorite manga villain?
It is, without question, Giovanni! Wait, or maybe it's Proton from HGSS arc of Pokemon Adventures...Nah, it's Giovanni. I love the guy's drive to find Silver. It seems like a lot of the things he's done have been to find his son. Yes, he is truly a villain, but I simply cannot think of him as evil because of that.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Favorite manga villain?
It is, without question, Giovanni! Wait, or maybe it's Proton from HGSS arc of Pokemon Adventures...Nah, it's Giovanni. I love the guy's drive to find Silver. It seems like a lot of the things he's done have been to find his son. Yes, he is truly a villain, but I simply cannot think of him as evil because of that.

I agree! It seems a lot of the villains in pokespe seem to have a "good intentions" drive behind them(finding family, seeing chaos and wanting to make it end, trying to protect pokemon) but he is the... Good intention-est? XD

Years
I haven't read enough yet to answer properly but from what you guys have said and what I've heard elsewhere I'm really excited by the way the villains are portrayed in the manga! I've never been that much of a Giovanni fan but I think the manga may change that! I'm reading Black & White at the moment and really looking forward to see how Team Plasma and N are portrayed!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
It's true, N is portrayed differently by all the versions(and the different nuzlocke comics >w>) and it's slightly off-putting to me. But I like Game N the best out of them. I don't remember enough about anime N but yeah I like game N better than manga N too....

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Ahhhhh sorry I was gone for so long without notice, let's kick back up with a new topic!

If you could choose to live in a Pokemon Manga, which would it be and where?

I personally would probably go with Viridian in PokeSpe. It seems like such a nice place to stay and with the fact that Pokemon are being brought into the town more often and everyone's chill with them now I think it'd be really nice.~

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
Hooray! I was beginning to think that this club had died. I was so sad. The manga is just too good to not be discussed.

I personally would probably go with Viridian in PokeSpe. It seems like such a nice place to stay and with the fact that Pokemon are being brought into the town more often and everyone's chill with them now I think it'd be really nice.~

I agree, Viridian is pretty great. It's got that mysterious, power giving, forest that for some reason has pokemon like Golem and Dratini which you wouldn't normally find in the wild just roaming around. And Yellow lives in that city, who is definitely one my favorite protagonist in the entire series so far. Yellow is just so cute and adorable and is a character I'd love to have as a friend. I really want them to bring this character back. It's been so long since they made an appearance.
My favorite region is either Kalos or Hoenn, but I haven't read the XY volumes yet, and none of the Hoenn towns especially stood out to me. So until then, I'd probably choose to live in Viridian City as well.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Hooray! I was beginning to think that this club had died. I was so sad. The manga is just too good to not be discussed.
Yes it is! ^^ Yeah, I'm sorry about that heheh, if something happens again where I'm not updating(hipfully shouldn't I'm good now) please feel free to continue on the conversations here! Make some new friends or repeatedly talk about this place to your existing ones, it seems really tense around here just loosen up!! ^^

I agree, Viridian is pretty great. It's got that mysterious, power giving, forest that for some reason has pokemon like Golem and Dratini which you wouldn't normally find in the wild just roaming around. And Yellow lives in that city, who is definitely one my favorite protagonist in the entire series so far. Yellow is just so cute and adorable and is a character I'd love to have as a friend. I really want them to bring this character back. It's been so long since they made an appearance.
My favorite region is either Kalos or Hoenn, but I haven't read the XY volumes yet, and none of the Hoenn towns especially stood out to me. So until then, I'd probably choose to live in Viridian City as well.
Ah yes, but weren't those Golem and Dratini put there by Team Rocket? YES YELLOW <3 MOST CERTAINLY NOT THE PRIMARY REASON I WAS GOING THERE HAHAHA

Back