• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] New "Monpoke" trademark filed by Game Freak

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Another trademark has gotten out by Game Freak, but we don't know what it entails. What do you think "Monpoke" could be?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
There are a lot of interesting things in the actual trademark filing. It's definitely for some sort of merch line, but they go into soooo much detail with examples of what the brand might entail, with everything from kitchenware to car accessories to foodstuffs (including beer!!) to bedding to toys, haha. Just at a glance, I would guess this is going to be some sort of minimalist merch brand aimed more at adults.

And I for one welcome it like crazy. Yes, please.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Just what we need... more Pokemon merchandise rolls eyes. Like [user]Fairy[/user] didn't have enough Sylveon stuff. Now she can complete her set-up with pajama's, slippers(which she has), Sylveon spoon dipped into a Sylveon themed ice cream. Yeah.... smh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Whatever this could be, I have a feeling it's gonna be something cute.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
But why "Monpoke" that's a little bit of a weird trademark name--it's just taking Pokemon and switching the words around.

i'm sure it's just merch or something though, lmfao

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Yesss I always welcome new Pokémon stuff haha, shallow as it feels sometimes. :') A spin-off would be awesome too!

The name isn't exactly pleasing to the ear though lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 18, 2018
Who knows.. a fan-made game? A terrible ripoff? One way or another, I am curious as to who thought of this name. xD

E-cat420

Mystery, Hiding In Ruins of Thought
Years
I swear I've seen that name used for some of those Chinese bootlegs/rip-offs... Maybe they're trademarking that name so they can take more action against them? Just a thought, and I'm probably wrong on this.

But who knows with stuff like this?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Low-key I'm hoping it's some sort of spin-off-but-can-connect-to-the-main-series game, as unlikely as it may be. I can't help but feel some twang of emotion looking at the lower-right... I wish we could have another way of getting Dream Balls again.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure their merchandise "series" such as "Dot," "Time," "Mate," and others, don't actually have trademarks for the titles? If that's the case, this has to be pretty major to warrant a trademark. I'd say maybe it's a store but they have numerous Centers in Japan and even the online one now.

Whatever this may be, the logo is classy enough that I'm interested.

Last edited:
Years
Seems way fancy just to be a merchandise line. Plus, it's Game Freak. If it were some sort of merch line, wouldn't TPC/TPCi file the trademark, instead?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Monpoke? That sounds....weird xD Since its basicly 'poke' and 'mon' said backwards o_O;;;

EDIT: Looked up more on google. The logo with the 4 different colored balls looks cute^^ Still o.o; what a weird name! xD;

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
If it's Game Freak filing the trademark, then it doesn't necessarily have to be merchandise. Could be a special kind of spinoff!

But then again, it should be noted that GF filed a similar trademark back around March/April this year, which as you can probably recall, was simply titled "Ultra Shiny". While some people assumed it was going to be a new game, in the end it turned out to be something to do with the TCG. So the chances are, this might not be some kind of spinoff based on the fact that it's being filed by GF. But there's still all to play for.

Predator24

YT MODS
Years
I want a gba hack that has mega out battle feature and i can battle my friends with Bluetooth
Someone please give me the link

Back