• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
If I'm not mistaken this happens when you first load a save file from an older version of Essentials into a updated one. I fixed that really long ago for my game since I didn't want the people who dowloaded my game to go through that, but I really can't remember what I did :/.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Yes, it was using old save data in a new version of Essentials. That's the first thing you should have tried.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
And it was, otherwise I wouldn't have posted here. I'm not some greenhorn. As I've said, things appear to be fixed now.

Years
So I try to playtest the game, works fine all that no font jibber jabber, then when it gets to the menu screen, viola.

View attachment 72473

make sure the intro event is set to autorun and that the debug event is neither set to autorun or parallel process

EDIT: this is for fixing the intro lecture, i may have misread what you said, mb. My guess is that a trainer type that the player uses is not defined

Hello, everyone. I recently encountered what I believe to be an error with Pokèmon Essentials, so I signed up for PokèCommunity to see if it could be addressed.

Normally in Essentials, various fonts are available for the player's selection. (Specifically, they are Em, R/S, Fr/Lg, and D/P.) However, one day when I attempted to play my Essentials game, the font became completely different (and larger) and I could no longer switch which font I wanted to use. I thought this issue would be a bug with my game itself, but I loaded up an unaltered copy of Essentials with the same results. Does anybody know the solution to this issue?

I would post screenshots, but I'm not sure how at this point in time.

that means you don't have installed fonts, either you deleted them or another program deleted them. Essentials usually installs the fonts on it's own if it finds that they are missing when starting the game (i think in RPG Maker XP)

Last edited:
Years
make sure the intro event is set to autorun and that the debug event is neither set to autorun or parallel process

EDIT: this is for fixing the intro lecture, i may have misread what you said, mb. My guess is that a trainer type that the player uses is not defined

Well my guess is if I want to open the playtest at all, I need to delete the save file, but 1) No idea how, and 2) not sure if its a 1 time fix or not

Years
I am having a issue with the last version of Essentials. The Game.Ini library keeps changing to Rgss103J.dll and every time it happens, the game crashes when I try to catch a new Pokémon. I keep renaming it to Rgss102E.dll, but after a short time, it changes back to Rgss103J.dll

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I am having a issue with the last version of Essentials. The Game.Ini library keeps changing to Rgss103J.dll and every time it happens, the game crashes when I try to catch a new Pokémon. I keep renaming it to Rgss102E.dll, but after a short time, it changes back to Rgss103J.dll
As far as I know, this is a RPG Maker XP issue. Try this: Rename your Rgss102E.dll (at Essentials folder) to Rgss103J.dll.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
If you uses a language for LANGUAGE array (let's use spanish.dat with 10 Kb) and tries to extract text at debug menu, the extracted text is the txt that made the dat that you are using (in this example the system picks the old intl.txt with 11 Kb that was compiled into spanish.dat). So, the system doesn't extract all the messages, including the new ones, again (generating a file much bigger than 11 Kbs).

To fix this problem, at def extract(outfile), replaces all '@messages' (5) for 'origMessages.messages'.

Maruno

Years
Has anyone ever told you that your instructions are very unhelpful? Which script section are you talking about? Which line numbers?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Has anyone ever told you that your instructions are very unhelpful? Which script section are you talking about? Which line numbers?
Sorry, I thought that a word to the wise is enough since there's only one 'def extract(outfile)' at Essentials, in PBIntl at line 441 (I guess).

Years
Hi there
In any map that I do a simple event, trying to interact, an error appears:
---------------------------
Pokemon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Exception: NoMethodError

PBIntl:578:in `getFromMapHash'

PBIntl:691:in `getFromMapHash'

PBIntl:751:in `_MAPINTL'

PokemonMessages:648:in `command_101'

Interpreter:304:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\ricardez\Saved Games/Pokemon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
Aceptar

Sorry for my bad english.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
When playing Game Corner Slots, the game allows the player to have negative coins. Just try to play the game with 1 Coin.

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
for some reason when i have a move tutor and im trying to make him teach mega punch and Mega Kick. but for some reason when i do that it says no one can learn any of them idk what went wrong if its my pokemon script or something

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 18, 2016
for some reason when i have a move tutor and im trying to make him teach mega punch and Mega Kick. but for some reason when i do that it says no one can learn any of them idk what went wrong if its my pokemon script or something

You need to go to PBS/tm.txt and add something like this:

Code:
[MEGAPUNCH]
CHARMANDER,CHARMELEON,CHARIZARD...
[MEGAKICK]
CHARMANDER,CHARMELEON,CHARIZARD...

You have to do that with all move tutors. It should work when you do that.

Diverscope

Pardon me
Years
If you have two Maps with the same name and in one of them a weather effect is defined, the weather will continues even if you change to the other map. It happens only if the two maps has the same name.

If you define a BGS to a map, the BGS will continue plays when you change the map. This happens even if you define a "None"-BGS on the other maps.

Maruno

Years
If you have two Maps with the same name and in one of them a weather effect is defined, the weather will continues even if you change to the other map. It happens only if the two maps has the same name.
Why would that be a bug? It's the same location, it should have the same weather.

Back