• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Is more on the fear that people get some expectation on something that may never be finished. Which many romhacks has died out on similar occasions. Each year that passes is a huge motivation loss

Bro this hack wont die like the other hacks (like adventure red) rom hacking needs time dont rush it or you will just get rubbish.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
... Gaia is actually still progressing nicely.... I believe Spherical is waiting until the League is done....

So, what I hear you saying is....This is a live mod, the next update will be a finished product, and that the author is balancing real life responsibilities and his hobby. All good things. ♥

I liked what I played of it, but I stopped when I heard it was incomplete. I look forward to this being done.

marcc5m

what
Years
why you will never finish? i wait many, i wait many ... it never finish?

pls great hack but never done

ps can you make arcanine a mega evolution :D

Trainer 766

why you will never finish? i wait many, i wait many ... it never finish?

pls great hack but never done

ps can you make arcanine a mega evolution :D

I wanna ignore this, but I just can't.

If you're tired of waiting, why didn't take a few seconds to understand what anyone said a few posts before? Seriously, it's right above, in this thread!

Years
Ha! I always knew Gardevoir was immortal!

Pokemon Gaia_1483832467859.png

I was using the Life Orb in the Marsh. wut?

Also, when I looked at the Pokémon list, it showed full HP. Wut?

Edit: Also, lol competitive cascoonz.

It would be really cool if we stored a table of movesets for the AI to be randomly chosen from. And, because a brave Flareon was outspeeding everything (including a Pikachu) even before Flame Charge, I doubt any standard Trainer was EV/Eevee trained. This thread shows how to make EV trained Trainers.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2019
I've played countless HACKs, and letting Ash Gray aside, Gaia is the only one worth spending my precious time... Not gonna mention names here in respect to developers, but we all have a lot to learn from Gaia.

This game is a TOTAL masterpiece, being not only the best ROM out there, but also one of the best games I've ever played.

Spherical, I deeply wish you get back with this game soon! You really f know what you are doing!

Years
I've played countless HACKs, and letting Ash Gray aside, Gaia is the only one worth spending my precious time... Not gonna mention names here in respect to developers, but we all have a lot to learn from Gaia.

This game is a TOTAL masterpiece, being not only the best ROM out there, but also one of the best games I've ever played.

Spherical, I deeply wish you get back with this game soon! You really f know what you are doing!

+1 this is definitely one of the best hacks out there. Goes with Liquid Crystal and AshGray for my favorites.

After playing POKéMON GAIA, I can't get myself back to being used to the CAPS, found in some of the other ROM HACKS and VANILLA GEN 3.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
how do i actually use mega evolution? i was impatient and didn't read anything and can't seem to figure it out. hmmmm

edit:

No I didn't. But i did it after reading the post but nothing changed.

I believe you might have to start over. It needs to be set BEFORE you save and from my experience when you change it when you already have a save(even a save state) it doesn't work. When I deleted my save files, I was able to set it 128k and save normally

Last edited:
Years
how do i actually use mega evolution? i was impatient and didn't read anything and can't seem to figure it out. hmmmm

edit:

I believe you might have to start over. It needs to be set BEFORE you save and from my experience when you change it when you already have a save(even a save state) it doesn't work. When I deleted my save files, I was able to set it 128k and save normally
All my work gone? Damn I got to much stress. For to take a decision like this.

Years

Give them the Mega Stone, then in battle, after selecting Fight, press Start and the little icon next to the HP bar will light up. Then select your move and done.

Mega Stones are green sparkles on the ground. Go up to one, press A and you get your stone.

Years
New music! Custom compositions such as Windmist City's theme and the battle music for the Elder Knights are in the hack, as well as familiar songs from other Pokémon games

Hey, I don't know if anyone is interested, but I demixed the rather familiar Route 209 theme from DPPt. This could be used on a new or existing route. It isn't perfect, especially the drums which I had trouble with.

I extracted the original music from HGSS (it has Diamond/Pearl music inside) using VGMTrans and tried to make it work for the GBA.

I haven't tested it on an actual GBA. I just used the GBA soundfont, but it could be converted.

Here is a recording of it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 5, 2017
Hello, I have a problem I hope you could help me with. I have been playing the game for 10 hours and really liked it so far. But now im blocked : indeed, I have saved my last game in the middle of the 5th gym of Talmurk city (not sure of the name, it's poison type gym) Now I cant move backward or forward since all the gates are closed, can't even get out of the gym. I did my researches, so I understand that I must re-download the game, but how to proceed without loosing my save ? I precise that i m actually playing on the 2.5 version on GBA4IOS. Please, as a french, i cant understand all the specific vocabulary of computing (that's why im kind of lost), so please, could you help me on what to do with very simple directive, that would be very helpful to me. I thank you in advance, au revoir.

Back