• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would your occupation be in the Pokemon world?

Years
  • I was thinking of what job I;d have int he Pokemon world if I was there and was wondering what everyone else had in mind as the job they'd want to do there. On top of most real-world jobs, which would be available int he Pokemon world (police officer, nurse, newscaster, etc.), there are also a number of exclusive jobs. Here are some that I could think of:

Breeder - breeding any type of Pokemon as a job (like Brock wanted to do)
    Watcher - going around and studying different Pokemon, not catching them all (like Tracey)
    Entertainer - focusing almost solely on Pokemon contests (like May, Dawn, and Serena)
    Connoisseur - studying the compatibility of people and Pokemon (like Cilan)
    Ranger - type of Police with main focus on protecting Pokemon
    Full-time trainer - focus is solely on battling and developing Pokemon (like Ash, Misty, Iris, etc.)

*I don't consider gym leader a job as I consider them superior full-time trainers

I would either be a watcher like Tracey, or a teacher. I would love to travel the world studying Pokemon, while also having a handful of them myself. That would be my dream Pokemon job. The most realistic would be a teacher as I am currently studying to become one in real life. I think it would be cool to teach up-and-coming trainers all about Pokemon and their types, moves, etc.

What occupation would you have if you were int he Pokemon world?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • This has nothing to do with the games specifically so let's take it over to Pokémon General, okay?

~moved.

Years
  • ^ It's been a few months, so that's fine if we start up a new discussion about it.

I know last time I made a joke about what I would do, but that's because in all honesty I don't think I would have a Pokemon-centric job if they existed. It might be cool to be something like a Pokemon photographer, but I'd be just happy enough to live with Pokemon, and go about my everyday life.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2017
    Watcher.

I dont think i can handle having my pokemon fight other pokemons in real battle.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I would probably be a Pokémon scientist, studying how their powers, especially the more fantastical kind, work. I would also love to travel with my Pokémon-not necessarily as a trainer collecting badges, just someone who wants to see the world with her Pokémon by her side. I might try some gym battles or contests for fun, but reaching the Pokémon League or Grand Festival would not be a primary goal of mine.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I would probably have a regular job but I would live with many Pokemon companions.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    A regular trainer who enjoys to spend time with his pokemon. And I'd probably want to explore foreign places far more than I do now.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Something to do with science/biology, maybe working with a professor studying Pokemon. I might reach the top of my field!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    A super nerd. Heck i even stated my trainer type for the double dipping.

Id be an analyst when it comes to the competitive battles and i post them in the world's version of online media and will be posting along with redditors too.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • I'd be really happy to be helping out the professors complete the Pokedex. This means that I'd have to be a fairly competent trainer, but still focus on exploring and hunting down those final few entries.

Mister Torgue

Banned
    Years
  • Id be a pyrotechnician or someone using my Fire mons and especially my mons that can all do EXPLOSION. Id sign up to be my region's special OPs unit complete with certified pokemon training of the highest level where i take my Magnetons, Magnezone, Weezing, Electrode, and all of my explosive pokemon into missions that require EXPLOSIVE force if necessary.

1MeenGreenie

Factory Head
    Years
  • I'd like to be a Factory Head in charge of some region's Battle Factory. You get to teach other trainers about improvisational battling and you'd never use the same team twice, so every battle is really exciting. I've always loved "Challenge Cup"-type battles.

I also wouldn't mind owning a bakery or sweets cafe that specializes in making treats for Pokemon (with the help of my beloved Swirlix and Slurpuff), running an orphanage/adoption centre like Mr. Fuji, or just travel around with my team sightseeing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    i feel like i would be either a watcher or a hoarder HAHA

i wouldn't be able to battle because seeing them hurt would make me sad and breeding (like i do a lot of in the games) wouldnt work out if the population of species of pokemon is anything like that of dogs and cats irl

so yeah i'd be surrounded by cat pokes watching mudsdale or something

Bioses

Bloodthirsty Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2017
    I think being a full-time trainer is an ideal job for me.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I think being a police officer would be pretty cool in the pokemon world. There are relatively low crime rates and I can still train pokemon while protecting pokemon and people alike. Perhaps even fighting the evil teams!

Back