• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll Of The Day: Facebook or Twitter

Facebook or Twiter

• Facebook

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • Twitter

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I don't use them

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Facebook nowadays has been ruined by the whole invite culture. People invite me to the stupidest things - to install applications for crappy games or to do stupid quizzes or to join pointless groups. It's used more for that than as an actual medium for social networking, in my opinion. I think it's complete rubbish, but it's useful when the concept of social networking is actually put into use - I might need to contact a friend about homework or exam times etc. That's the only thing keeping me on there. I've used Twitter on and off for a fair amount of time now, and I find it useful not as social networking in the true sense, but simply in the sense of microblogging. I see interesting stuff from people like qikipedia and Douglas Coupland; I don't use it all that much to stay in touch with people. I definitely prefer Twitter over Facebook.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Facebook is a social networking website. Twitter is a mix between a social networking site and a micro-blogging service.

I use Facebook. Why? This is how I see it between the two. Facebook fits the exact niche that I'm looking for to use online - a social networking site where I'm able to communicate with my friends easily as well as catch up with old ones whom I've not seen for many years. I don't see the point in Twitter personally, why is a 140-character micro "blog" in anyway useful except in just continuously updating whatever thing you happen to be doing? If you want to blog, then get a real blog with something like Wordpress (if you want a free service). And also, I seem to notice an addiction in some people towards Twitter.. like the constant checking of the iPhone for Tweets. :\ Not good for some. I don't have anything against Twitter, but in my opinion, it seems a bit pointless.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Although I hardly use it, I'm going with twitter. I find it convienent if I need to get a hold of Erica or Andy... or something. Since Erica usually doesn't get on MSN anymore. So, yeah.

I hate face book... and myspace. Ugh. D:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter, but I do have Myspace, and Facebook and Myspace are much the same, and to be honest, I hate Myspace, so I'll go with Twitter.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Facebook has everything I need. You can't do wacky and random quizzes on Twitter, and that's basically the only reason I use Facebook. Besides, I know more people who use Facebook than Twitter, so Facebook is better for me to use when communicating with friends and family.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    neither
    im just now discovering facebook O_O;; you crazy kids and your ''hip'' new trends, and and "snazzy" technology if i have to choose;
    facebook. i have friends who have facebook, so if i ever decide to use it, i'd use facebook
    but i prefer myspace over both >x<

Kagura

..what?
    Years
  • Facebook is my pick. It fits all of my needs as a blogger, and as a friend. While I agree that the spam-invites are lame,
    its better to ignore them and just focus on the good. I love Wall's and the built in IM thing, as well as status messages.
    I don't feel the need to have a Twitter, because I don't know if any of my friends are interested in what I had
    for dinner. :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Facebook. Twitter to me just seems like a dumbed down Facebook. I don't see the point in it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Facebook for me. I dont understand twitter really. But then agian I rarely go on facebook anymore. Maybe twice a week. I rather text lol

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I have both a Facebook and a Twitter account. But I'll take Twitter over FB any day of the week. It's far quicker, easier to keep in touch with friends, and on the go I'm able to check Twitter.

Years
  • Uh.. I don't go to Facebook, so I wouldn't know for sure, but... aren't Facebook and Twitter very different? O__o;

Eh, gonna have to go with Twitter. Microblogging is fun.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Twitter.

Facebook basically just turned its status updates into a Twitter clone the other month anyway. I find the general base of people on Facebook is a lot more.. taxing than twitter. :| Don't get me wrong, I love my IRL friends but Facebook is a LOT more personal and getting "random" friend requests on it (ie, from people you don't know very well) makes me a little nervous. I just absolutely hate the atmosphere on FB. I still use it to keep up with some people from high school, though.

Twitter, on the other hand, has got to be one of my favourite sites. Haha, I more or less got a new phone just to use twitter on the go easier. :B It's easy to keep in touch with more friends at once no matter where you are. The site isn't bloated with annoying apps and invites and it's easy to follow friends or keep up with news feeds since you can find almost anything on twitter. I just much prefer it.

Aaaanyway, I'm gonna move this into the Computers forum since that's where website discussion usually goes.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I hardly use Twitter.. actually I don't use it. On the other hand, I'm frequently checking my Facebook.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I prefer Facebook, because I actually tend to check it every day. Plus, Facebook has things which keep you on Facebook more than the time you would spend on Twitter. I do enjoy both social-networking tools, however.

Back