• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Underground Hangout: Press "F" for jdthebud

Mr. James

3d3qlQT.png

I shall now return to murder people.

Nyke

To victory!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    A question brought upon the game I'm currently in (but otherwise not related to it);

What's the rules regarding editing posts in mafia games here? I noticed that's its fairly common place here, but in most forums it'd be a big no-no, since it causes a disparity in information between those who read the post before and after it was edited, and is potentially game-changing in that someone could edit out a slip (would one be made). Am I missing something here? n.n'

Years
  • A question brought upon the game I'm currently in (but otherwise not related to it);

What's the rules regarding editing posts in mafia games here? I noticed that's its fairly common place here, but in most forums it'd be a big no-no, since it causes a disparity in information between those who read the post before and after it was edited, and is potentially game-changing in that someone could edit out a slip (would one be made). Am I missing something here? n.n'

No deleting posts and all edits need to be marked as edits unless you're just fixing a typo or w/e.
    Mods can see all your changes. :)

Desox

This account is inactive.
    Years
  • A question brought upon the game I'm currently in (but otherwise not related to it);

If you are talking about me, don't worry. I'm pretty sure I don't delete anything, maybe rephrasing things sometimes as I'm not a native english speaker. I usually just add stuff I forget to put as you'd have 3 or 4 consecutive posts from me if I didn't.

I'll start marking them up again in the edit reasons, I don't even know why I stopped doing that, really.

But as gp said, mods can see everything you edit, so I'm not dumb enough to edit things out.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years

Yeah, as gp said.

It's fairly lax here. I think at one point we had it so that the edit button was removed altogether for posts in the UG, but for the most part it hasn't seemed too necessary.

Sometimes people will edit out certain things, creating such disparities as you mentioned, but . . . depends on how the GM wishes it (it's not a rule really ever mentioned; perhaps that should be changed haha), but I guess you could also consider it part of the shenanigans as to whether or not someone catches a slip in someone's post before it's edited out and thus calls them out on it. Lol

Interesting to point out, though. Until now it hadn't really occurred to me to state that as an explicit rule or not, so perhaps I'll start doing that.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I often edit my posts if I want to fix a typo, add something to my argument (like something I forgot to add that I noticed while rereading something) or trying to reword something to make it sound clearer lol
    I'm not a writer so I often make mistakes lol

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I see Dawn and Dusk phases are the "in" thing right now.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    So who is still here? We should get this section restarted with a new game.

Back