• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Sneak Peek of the Sun and Moon Anime

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
  • We'll see. I'm still not convinced (why does he even need to go to school, anyways? School of Hard Knocks proved he doesn't even need school to be a particularly skilled trainer anyhow).

BTW, you said you got Pokefan scans? Care to post a scan showcasing the recently announced episode titles for XY (namely, Serena's choice episode and the Xerosic episode)? I may need that for Bulbapedia, since apparently they can't count on Serebii as a source even when he explicitly names the source he got it from.

Sadly I don't have those scans. But I imagine they'll get confirmation soon enough. Will scour the internet for them though and post if I find, although I won't understand a word of Japanese.

EDIT: Maybe these are what you're looking for?
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Sadly I don't have those scans. But I imagine they'll get confirmation soon enough. Will scour the internet for them though and post if I find, although I won't understand a word of Japanese.

EDIT: Maybe these are what you're looking for?
    Spoiler:

Yes, definitely. I'll post them to Bulbapedia ASAP.

EDIT: Might as well ask, though: Other than it premiering in November of this year, can anyone discern the exact date that the Sun and Moon series is going to be airing? I might as well find out so I'd be able to calculate how many episodes of XY are left to be announced before the inevitable end, especially when the recently announced episodes seem to be far too early to be the end of XY, not unless the guys writing the series are planning a hiatus.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I like this Ash a lot more. It gives the impression he's knowledgeable but still looks like he can have fun. More Delia is also good, she's pushed to the side too often. Ash is terrible at making sure his mother is OK.
    Yes the picture of him in the middle in the new scan you posted looks somewhat better. Seeing Mimey in the Hawaiian shirt made me laugh.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • We still don't know if he is actually going to school and what for. I still think school is probably a few episodes learning about the trials. I don't know why people are taking it as the whole anime. He could also just be going to learn the Z dances and Alolan forms.

I do wonder if Hau will be running late and that is why he isn't in the scans. :P

I am really really really happy that Ms. Ketchum seems to be in at least a episode and going with him to Alola.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    The promotional material makes a big deal about him going to school for the first time so that makes me think it's gonna be a pretty big aspect of the season.

Years
  • So I did read an anime scan showing the final episodes of XY and it appears the XY finale is locked in for October 20th. If that is to indicate, that means November 3rd might be the SM premiere date, since I recall a one-week break before a new generation saga starts.

No wonder why people have been making comparisons to the BW series - because that saga also started not on the same week that the games came out.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So I did read an anime scan showing the final episodes of XY and it appears the XY finale is locked in for October 20th. If that is to indicate, that means November 3rd might be the SM premiere date, since I recall a one-week break before a new generation saga starts.

No wonder why people have been making comparisons to the BW series - because that saga also started not on the same week that the games came out.

There is probably still 1 or 2 more episodes. I doubt they are going to end this season like that. Would make more sense for there to be 1 or 2 more. One of him saying good bye and then another returning home to see his pokemon and possibly meeting Lillie.

Unless he goes straight to Alola from Kalos, but I am doubting he will do that with his Mom in the scan.

The only reason they are comparing BW to Alola is because the art style change. Which honestly makes little to no sense why they is such a big deal.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm more so thinking Ash is gonna travel alone this region, unless of course, they're keeping his companions a secret until the show launches in November? Guessing it could really be anyone at this point.... I don't think that Lillie being a magazine scan really guarantees anything, if you get me. Also, if X/Y is ending 10/20, I doubt the new series is going to start that quickly...and, I don't get why people are already comparing to B/W? There's little info to go upon.

Years
  • I'm more so thinking Ash is gonna travel alone this region, unless of course, they're keeping his companions a secret until the show launches in November? Guessing it could really be anyone at this point.... I don't think that Lillie being a magazine scan really guarantees anything, if you get me. Also, if X/Y is ending 10/20, I doubt the new series is going to start that quickly...and, I don't get why people are already comparing to B/W? There's little info to go upon.

I think the BW comparisons are due to the softer art style and Ash being "goofy" as shown in the CoroCoro scan. But as for who the Alola companions are, I do agree that they're likely being kept under wraps until SM's launch. As for who I think is most likely, I guess Mallow since she did appear with Ash in that one concept art of the Alola starters' final evolutions.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm more so thinking Ash is gonna travel alone this region, unless of course, they're keeping his companions a secret until the show launches in November? Guessing it could really be anyone at this point.... I don't think that Lillie being a magazine scan really guarantees anything, if you get me. Also, if X/Y is ending 10/20, I doubt the new series is going to start that quickly...and, I don't get why people are already comparing to B/W? There's little info to go upon.

If it end 10/20, my guess is the second week of November, of launch day of sun and moon will premiere the anime world wide. I like the idea I've seen proposed in threads on the anime, that Ash, lilie and the captains compete with other schools in the trials. That be a pretty interesting plot point.

I don't think this looks like BW. There is a lot of potential for a great series here. So I hope it ends up being good, and it looks like it might.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • XY is ending October 20th?

Coupled with the 2 week break, huh. I would have thought there would be more episodes to tie up loose ends. Seems rushed to me - almost like the writers gave up with the anime.

I don't think Ash will be reset to BW levels, they learnt that lesson the hard way when they lost viewers in the millions. Plus, he's using a Z-move, there's got to be a degree of competence that comes with that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I think the BW comparisons are due to the softer art style and Ash being "goofy" as shown in the CoroCoro scan. But as for who the Alola companions are, I do agree that they're likely being kept under wraps until SM's launch. As for who I think is most likely, I guess Mallow since she did appear with Ash in that one concept art of the Alola starters' final evolutions.

Perhaps Ash isn't gonna have any companions this time around, and just classmates? (Although I REALY want him to have companions, because that was the best part of the show for me)

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Just had a look at the HD trailer, looks really fluid and smooth now, despite my computer not being able to process 1080 pixels :( but 720 was still fantastic to see it in.

Comments disabled and like/dislike bar disabled too...was the backlash really that bad? Because I clicked on episode 42 of XYZ of the same channel and neither was disabled.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Just had a look at the HD trailer, looks really fluid and smooth now, despite my computer not being able to process 1080 pixels :( but 720 was still fantastic to see it in.

Comments disabled and like/dislike bar disabled too...was the backlash really that bad? Because I clicked on episode 42 of XYZ of the same channel and neither was disabled.

Usually the Japanese Youtube channel disables all comments on every video regardless of what the video is. I don't think it had to do with the backlash, and from what I have read, the Japanese are accepting it a hell of a lot better than Westerners.

Back