• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Couples Only

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    What do you do to keep things interesting with your significant other? This is not a sex question, btw! Now is not the time!!!!
    How do you show them they are wanted?
    What are the little things that you appreciate?

Years
  • How do you show them they are wanted?

It honestly took a short bit to think this over, since it's in my nature to do a lot of little things for my SO and it generally doesn't tend to be something I think about much. I just kinda do it? haha

I'm an affectionate person and like reminding my SO with words that I love them, and paying attention to their appearance and body gestures to make sure they're not feeling sick or down. Also a pretty touchy person, so random hugs and clinging when we're sitting next to each other on our laptops is pretty common. Same with when we're loafing on the bed playing games on our phones.

That and I'd often do things unprompted like make the bed, clean around the house, and offer to make tea/cook. I know that seems ridiculously normal and obvious things people in relationships should already be doing, but you'd be surprised at how lazy and forgetful some can become, especially when they're with a partner who naturally will do those things themselves. I'm often offering to pay for surprise or just costly expenses as well, and even though almost all the time the SO will say they can handle it, I think the offer by itself is a very nice gesture that I myself appreciate, too. The same things I do I like having done for me...which is fortunately already the case. 👍

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • my boyfriend and i are in a long distance relationship but we've met multiple times so i'll answer this to the best of my ability.

How do you show them they are wanted? i'm..not sure. i do lots of little things for my boyfriend, like cleaning up after him (because i enjoy it), helping him through mental health issues and just always being super loving and affectionate to him. i definitely think my boyfriend knows he's wanted and loved, even if sometimes his mental illness might tell him otherwise.

What are the little things that you appreciate? god i appreciate him just like, being there for me through my horrible depressive episodes and listening to me vent about my family issues and when he calls me petnames like honey or darling or baby boy. the last relationship i was in was not very great, so even the littlest things Caleb does means the world to me. i appreciate him not judging me for any healthy coping mechanisms i have, as odd as some of them may be. i just appreciate him in general immensely and i am so very blessed to have him in my life.

Years
  • What do you do to keep things interesting with your significant other
    traveling together and experiencing new things with each other. i wouldn't say the two are necessarily mutually exclusive, as the latter could simply be going to a new restaurant or w/e. we don't get to travel with each other that much due to scheduling conflicts (I work 8AM - 5PM Mon - Fri; he works Weds - Sund 3PM - 11PM), but when we do it's definitely nice.
    How do you show them they are wanted?
    oh, you know, the little things. we tell each other we love each other, and that we appreciate each other every once in a while.

i also try to show it in more subtle ways, such as by serenading him whenever we drive places, always driving whenever we go places (he hates to drive even more than i do), or taking care of him when he's had too much to drink.
    What are the little things that you appreciate?
    one of the first things i really liked about him is that he watches everything with subtitles. on our first date, i asked if we could turn subtitles on for a movie, and he was mega relieved because most people he knows hate watching stuff with subtitles for some reason.

i love how nice he is to everyone, and that we have a similar sense of humor. i also love that, at times, he will sing along with me. he also loves our cats just as much as i do, and loves to dote on them as much as i do if not more. (he...got them more souvenirs than anyone else from his recent trip to Japan).

Back