• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • I personally don't like the server you host because I lag on it and can't get much done. I've got a brand new computer and the new server and the previous official server run fine on it. It's just yours that I have a problem with, so I don't go on it.

Our server isn't amplified if you're referring to the look of it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I personally don't like the server you host because I lag on it and can't get much done. I've got a brand new computer and the new server and the previous official server run fine on it. It's just yours that I have a problem with, so I don't go on it.

Our server isn't amplified if you're referring to the look of it.
    Did you go on the server with your new PC? All three of my partners report no lag at all, and I can't tell because I get 5-15fps anyway.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Did you go on the server with your new PC? All three of my partners report no lag at all, and I can't tell because I get 5-15fps anyway.

Yes. And it's enough that it makes it too much of a bother to get on (hence why I haven't been seen on it since the day I originally came on). The official/main server needs to accommodate everyone and be accessible to as many members as possible and Matt's server was the main server, this is merely the continuation of it through a new IP since Matt left and we (the admins of that server) need access to files and whatnot.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Yes. And it's enough that it makes it too much of a bother to get on (hence why I haven't been seen on it since the day I originally came on). The official/main server needs to accommodate everyone and be accessible to as many members as possible and Matt's server was the main server, this is merely the continuation of it through a new IP since Matt left and we (the admins of that server) need access to files and whatnot.
    I don't know if you're aware, but having a good PC and connecting to the other servers okay does not mean that we're the problem. It is highly likely given we're not having issues and you are that something with how your traffic is getting relayed to our server isn't going right. It's not everyone that's having an issue just because you are.

I live in North Carolina, CureYoshi lives in the eastern-midwest (last I checked), Tetra lives in the UK, and Sallad lives in rural Sweden. Our server is in Paris. We're on the OVH network as well which is one of the best a server can be on.

This is what CureYoshi had to say:
    Its normally their computer to the modem then the server of your ISP, then it connects to our server and then repeat the line back. To access the content. Somewhere between the modem to the ISP server, its lagging. As the server doesn't run any issues.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • yo it really doesnt matter tho? we are doin our thing and you are doin yours. we are vanilla and you are modded. if some people dont wanna be on your server for whatever reason it's fine??? the server we've been running has accommodated many people with varying connections and computers. a lot of us enjoy vanilla. be at peace with it. it's not about who was here first either( Craftrum was here before any of us. Matt made this because Craftrum was limiting for us. You made yours because Detroit was limiting for you. That's fine. But you actin like its so bad that we still running a server we enjoy and trying to convert us to yours is not appreciated. People who wanna play on yours will do so, people who wanna play here will do so. Isn't it nice that we have multiple worlds to play on and different thigs to do? I think that's nice.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Regardless of that, I still can't play on your server as it does not function well for me specifically. Every other server does. So I simply can't use yours.

I'm not really sure what the point of the discussion is though? And who runs the servers does matter because there has to be a level of control over the server if it's designated as the official one (which this one and the new IP one have).

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • ah yeah you right anything designated Official should certainly be run by staff here. i meant more like does this argument really matter lol just chill we all have fun in different ways with different things it's fine (´ ▽`).。o♡
    i hope i can find time again to play on new server. i've got so many plans~~

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Wobbu and I are gonna be doing a lot to make it fun. :D And we're even mixing in a bit of Craftrum's ideas for it to hopefully make it all the better.

TY

Wobbu and I are gonna be doing a lot to make it fun. :D And we're even mixing in a bit of Craftrum's ideas for it to hopefully make it all the better.

If you two need any help I'd be glad to help out :)
    should be able to play from time to time, I improved my terrible constructions ;)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I know we are on the vanilla side but will there be anything akin to an economy, like the skull trades we had been doing before?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • If you two need any help I'd be glad to help out :)
    should be able to play from time to time, I improved my terrible constructions ;)

Thanks! As of now, we're just setting things up for a smooth start soon. We're going to be having an event for it within the next few weeks as a grand opening of sorts.

I know we are on the vanilla side but will there be anything akin to an economy, like the skull trades we had been doing before?

Sorta! We're probably not going to be as hardcore about the economy yet, but you will see certain elements taken from Detriot's features.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Yayyy. More focus on that once we're kinda set up and getting bored probs yeah? And are you guys building up a kind of hub area initially to start a city around?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Yayyy. More focus on that once we're kinda set up and getting bored probs yeah? And are you guys building up a kind of hub area initially to start a city around?

We'll have a starting location and then gradually move towards bigger and better things for every member. A big factor for us doing this is making sure you all are entertained and ensure longevity in the server. Detroit has ran its course because we ran out of things to really DO.

So a personal goal of mine is to focus on mini-adventures like the Tomb of Heka, but in relation to the entire server's goals and efforts. We've got a lot of fun ideas planned, at least. Haha.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Aww what a shame. At least I got to build my awesome castle before it bit the dust. Guess I'll just have to make a new one! ;)

The preview looks real nice by the way! :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    New server looking pretty good!! Is that like a customized world? Can't wait to build my house on the top of that mountain. It's gonna be a struggle getting up and down though! ^~^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back