• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trailer revealed

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • The anime is honestly beautiful, a lot better than I thought it would look, especially the landscapes and what not. It is nice that the first episode will be a flashback to when Pikachu was born, before their adventure began, but it still isn't completely clear it is a reboot or not. Looks like they are doing a lot of throw backs to the first episode though and Ash has Pikachu, so it doesn't appear to be a complete reboot at least. We still don't know exactly what Ash is doing traveling with the new character.

But yeah, I really really love how they are showing Pikachu as a Pichu before he joins Ash. I wonder what will cause Pikachu to evolve since you need a high friendship.

Corviknight looks freaking amazing, even though we only get a second of him. He looks like a freaking dragon, which is similar to my eagle on my class ring.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • So the first few episodes would be more on Pikachu's backstory and some flashbacks? Nice way to start the SwSh series...

Definitely not a reboot... You can see Ash waking up with Pikachu, and then there's TRio w/ Wobbuffet, the same spirited SM Ash, and Lugia being tamed to be a "Ride Pokémon"...

Years
  • yeah, the "flashbacks" are definitely just flashbacks. so many people on twitter thought it was a reboot, guess that's one question answered. I'm genuinely excited for this series, seems like a refreshing start!

watching the latest episode of s/m made me a little sad tho. the series was underrated, definitely unique among all the rest

Years
  • Spoiler:

what a cute trailer!! i can't wait for this series to start :fufu:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    AWWW HECK YEAH

What gorgeous animation, and it's not choppy at all, MAN.

Also, I love that it looks like a retelling of Ash's story?? I was not expecting that, but that's a very cool concept.

AND I ALSO love that you can hear Deku when Go speaks, a super nice VA choice.

Cool theme song, too....

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Trailer looks dope... The animation is exactly as I expected it to be, not a bad thing cause it's already amazing to begin with.

Seeing the new Satoshi design in motion, I gotta say it's not much different from his sun and moon design. Although it is a bit spikier.

Also the new OP is sounding great. Can't wait for the seventeenth.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Also, I love that it looks like a retelling of Ash's story?? I was not expecting that, but that's a very cool concept.

Not really... But the first few episodes would focus on Pikachu's past prior to becoming a starter choice from Prof. Oak's, and some flashback/recap of the first time Ash and Pikachu met... It's still a continuation of all the past series...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Not really... But the first few episodes would focus on Pikachu's past prior to becoming a starter choice from Prof. Oak's, and some flashback/recap of the first time Ash and Pikachu met... It's still a continuation of all the past series...
    Yeah I've kinda seen that since that I watched the trailer! lol

But still a neat way to start out.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • According to a twitter message from someone, the anime is going to be "Slice of Life" and it won't have arcs and it will be one off episodes. Which is something I personally hate.

Apparently it is because families go out on Sundays because that is Pokemon's new timeslot and they can't keep up with a weekly series like they once could, be is a load of crap in my opinion. That is why most stuff comes on on Sundays, because no one goes anywhere. Maybe it is different in Japan, but I have never heard of such crap. They literally just changed it so more people could watch it on Sundays, so I don't know what the heck is going on.

If the series is going to be another Decolore Series, I will barely if ever watch it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I honestly don't follow the anime very much, but I'm impressed by how nice the trailer looked. I'm definitely down for Pikachu's backstory, if nothing else.

Back