• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Normal/Flying Family Availible At Start?

What is your favourite family of the birds availible near start of each game?

• Generation 1 - Pidgey, Pidgeot, Pidgeotto

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Generation 2 - Hoothoot, Noctowl

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Generation 3 - Taillow, Swellow

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Generation 4 - Starly, Staravia, Staraptor

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Generation 5 - Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
  • fav normal flying type

ERM IT WORLD HAVE TO BE STARRAPTOR

isn't spearow and fearow 1st gen normal flying type :mew:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Star family. I'm a Sinnoh head and I love Staraptor's predator look. It's awesome. It's always been on my Sinnoh teams.

Years
  • Generation 1 and Generation 3 have my favorite birds. I favor the Pidgey line more, but I love both of them.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • My favourites are probably Spearow and Fearow, just for their designs mainly, especially Fearow's cormorant-styled physiology. However, from the list mentioned, it'd be a contest between the Hoothoot and Pidgey evolutionary lines. I assume this is for nostalgic reasons, as I don't think I really used them all that much in battling (apart from the occasional 'Fly' slave)!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really do like all of the Flying types, all of the Birds but I voted for Swellow because she's been my favourite consistantly throughout for 9 years now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    Even though the star family was the strongest with the best moves im going with the pidgy family as i am gen 1 and it was my choice for red, yellow and gold

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Favourite Normal/Flying Family Availible At Start?

This was a bit hard, but I went with the Staraptor line. That fierce, predatory look coupled with a patch of red, complementary grayscale, and awesome design made this Pokemon one of my favorite Sinnoh inhabitants.

The Pidgeot, Noctowl, and Swellow lines are all tied for second. The Pidgeot line is just classic, with their majestic trailing feathers. I love how the Noctowl line is more of a nocturnal species, not to mention their Psychic-type capabilities. And then I began with Hoenn, where the swift-tailed Swellow made its debut, where I've come quite accustomed to it.

The Unfezant line isn't that bad, but they come in third place for me... I dislike the coloration of male Unfezant. The female Unfezant's coloration is a bit better, but not enough to redeem the entire line. Tranquill, while it has a nice name, looks a bit weird... And Pidove disappointed me in the anime, so they're not as great as before... >_>

Years
  • taillow and swellow <3 generation 3 had brilliant pokemon overall and this family was good. they also look a lot different to the other normal/flying birds.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Hoothoot/Noctowl family wins this jsut because they learn Psyshic moves and can be quite handy against ghost and fighting types. The other ones are useless.

Back