• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
i might have figured it out change the name before i insert it

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2010
Why is it i can't download advance map 1.92 ? it says it cannot load???

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2011
Hmm, whenever I try to open any .gba file it comes up with this error message:

AdvanceMapError(12): Unknown Rom Type! This Rom cannot be edited with Advancemap

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2010
Heyy could someone please upload a new link to download this from????? I really wanna get started and use it, but it wont let me onto the site it keeps saying '' cannot be found '' .

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2010
@Team Fail : ts the old page yes, but it still is the same download link. We need a brand new one thats not related to that one.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I found a mirror to the program. Google can actually help you out!

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2010
I found a mirror to the program. Google can actually help you out!

it can, but at the same time it can give you alot of virus's aswell from it. thats why people don't exactly want to just try some other random site that pops up on google :)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
OMEFFINGGEE
if you have read this thread at all you would know that lu-ho intends to release one in the next release -.-*

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
i'm having a problem hacking my emerald. i'm using a-map 1.92. when i open up my 'mountain path' (route 102) i get an error saying:
"Access violation at address 00403CA8 in module 'AdvanceMap.exe'. Read of address 83EC8B51."
the map has disappeared and i cant change it.
is there any way of fixing and restoring my map or should i start over?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I noticed that AdvanceMap can't repoint anything at an offset that's higher than $FFFFFF if you have a 32mb rom. I searched this thread, and found out that "7-digit-support" hasn't been added yet. When will this be possible, and until then, how would I save things with a hex editor? Is it possible to find the offset at where the pointer to the maps are?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
i'm having a problem hacking my emerald. i'm using a-map 1.92. when i open up my 'mountain path' (route 102) i get an error saying:
"Access violation at address 00403CA8 in module 'AdvanceMap.exe'. Read of address 83EC8B51."
the map has disappeared and i cant change it.
is there any way of fixing and restoring my map or should i start over?

there seams to be a big problem with this map, so advancemap crashes. normally it give you an AdvanceMap error ife someting is wring in your rom.

is this the only Map have this problem?
or are there more maps?

if there are only one, you can try to override this map with a new one (use the override option in the insert window)

Or you can export all Maps without errors into Map files, and import them in a new clean rom. (file->Map->save map as)

I noticed that AdvanceMap can't repoint anything at an offset that's higher than $FFFFFF if you have a 32mb rom. I searched this thread, and found out that "7-digit-support" hasn't been added yet. When will this be possible, and until then, how would I save things with a hex editor? Is it possible to find the offset at where the pointer to the maps are?

The next release will support 7 digit, i hope i can releas the beta at end of August/October.

there are many informations about the maps on the Professional Header view (Ctrl+H / or under settings)
Attention:
if you insert a map/event data/a script/... in hexeditor, and then open the map in AdvanceMap it could damage your rom, because it cut of the 01 before the 6 digit offset on ALL Save operations!

greetz LU-HO

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
there seams to be a big problem with this map, so advancemap crashes. normally it give you an AdvanceMap error ife someting is wring in your rom.

is this the only Map have this problem?
or are there more maps?

if there are only one, you can try to override this map with a new one (use the override option in the insert window)

Or you can export all Maps without errors into Map files, and import them in a new clean rom. (file->Map->save map as)

greetz LU-HO

yes only map with problem
thanks but whenever i try to override this map with a new one the same error shows up and it can't be changed. importing the map doesn't seem to work either. i think i'll just import the rest my maps on to another rom. still thanks

JustSnilloc

Theorist Extraordinaire
Years
how do you modify the scripting in Advance Map??? I've tried to endless frustrasion to get it to stay in the game, and it won't stay...

If I had to rate myself I would say I am a very newbie pokehacker, however, I am an extremely talented artist, and a very good learner.... I just can't seem to figure out how the script can stay in there (I am using 1.92) thanks

oh, and I really really love this program, it makes pokehacking seem simple, and fun!... but yeah, that seems to be my only problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back