• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
  • @skara- too bad. life's not going to hand everything to you in a nice little package wrapped in a bow. quit being lazy, and learn how to do it yourself
    @nintendork- OMG quit being lazy
    @everyone else who thinks its ok to demand an update to a-map....stfu, he'll release it when he releases it.
    oh yea, btw Lu-Ho, did you know that there is a delphi to C++ converter?
    i've not used it, but it seems like C++ is a faster language, so maybe you could use that before compiling and releasing so that it runs a bit faster, or optimize it for speed rather than size. that would be nice, as not everyone has a modern processor (not complaining, just a side note)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select big block/Stamp, on click and select, the selected area will be shown in a new window.

Strg? whats that??..
    Thanks in advanced. Like i said earlier it would be nice to have undo/redo feature also to "undo after you save.

~countryemo

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Strg? whats that??..
    Thanks in advanced. Like i said earlier it would be nice to have undo/redo feature also to "undo after you save.

~countryemo

Ctrl/Strg means:
    Ctrl on English keyboards, Strg on German keyboards.
    in most case it is the key bottem left on the keyboard.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Yes i admit i am a bit lazy
    but i fail at WORLD MAP inserting
    So i thougth A-map should do it ;)

And Lu-Ho made a create new name button
    just ahsnt put the "action" or w.e on it

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • As the others have said, it's AdvanceMAP, not AdvanceDoEverythingForYouWithOneButtonClick. I personally think part of the entertainment value of ROM hacking/editing is the sheer amount of work involved. I've spent more than an hour working on one little thing, and seeing it look/work exactly as I desired would be way less rewarding if I opened a .exe and hit one button and had it done for me.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • no there is not. i believe lu-ho intends to release a mac-version in the next update though.
    in the meantime, google "wine for mac" download + install it, you should now be able to run a-map.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    May I ask how can you change the % chance certain pokemons will appear like 5% gulpin

10 % electrike

70% caterpie

etc.

?

thanks already :P

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • May I ask how can you change the % chance certain pokemons will appear like 5% gulpin

10 % electrike

70% caterpie

etc.

?

thanks already :P

In the wild Pokemon list, the first in the list appears most often, and the last appears most seldom. If a specific Pokemon is only in the last entry, for example, it will rarely appear. You can put the same Pokemon in multiple spots (like 4 Gulpins in a row in the list) to drastically increase the rate of appearance.

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
    Years
  • Map Editor

Hi!

I really like your map editor and I always use this one but there is only one thing. When I go to header view, and want to add map names (in the part "Amount of new Names") then it is always unusable.
    Could you please help me??

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    That's been like that for a while. It's impossible to add new names without corrupting data in the ROM, if I recall rightly. So LU-HO disabled it.

lbirrueta

HAXXING'
    Years
  • how do i use the world map editor at the top of Advance map? how do i use this to place mt. ember on the kanto mainland in firered??? i've tried but it always takes me back to One island...

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    So what actually happens if you try to create new map names using an older version? In what way does the rom get corrupted, and how does this affect the game?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • So what actually happens if you try to create new map names using an older version? In what way does the rom get corrupted, and how does this affect the game?

There is no released version enabled this function, I disabled it right after the beta tests.
    And what happens? -> white or Black screen on entering map. some times only on make a wild battle or talking to a people, or do some other special things.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • @skara- too bad. life's not going to hand everything to you in a nice little package wrapped in a bow. quit being lazy, and learn how to do it yourself
    Never said it did, and I also have a life, AMap isn't a pro game devkit mate.
    Also, Events appear on the map, therefore should be PART OF THE BLOODY EDITOR

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2012
    @Skara: are you a programmer? If so you understand the intricacies and difficulties of making a program "just work", add to that adding the feature you want on something which isn't documented very well is like asking someone to reach for the moon by stepping on a tuna can. It's next to impossible. Now if the someone were to somehow take that tuna can and make a rocket ship out of it that's another story, in other words you want Lu-Ho to document and implement a feature that is VERY dynamic and has many different variations (and don't you DARE say maps are dynamic, they are in fact static in there structure for the most part) this is not only unfair to him/her but it's also unfair to the rest of the community because if Lu-Ho feels obligated to add a particular feature it slows development.

I am a Hacker/Programmer and I simply hate it when someone DEMANDS a feature be added with little education as to what kind of effort is involved.

Don't get me wrong asking for a feature is perfectly fine, just don't expect it to be available right away. Lu-Ho or any programmer taking on a similar task needs to have a game plan and time to think about how to approach the problem.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • @Skara: are you a programmer? If so you understand the intricacies and difficulties of making a program "just work", add to that adding the feature you want on something which isn't documented very well is like asking someone to reach for the moon by stepping on a tuna can. It's next to impossible. Now if the someone were to somehow take that tuna can and make a rocket ship out of it that's another story, in other words you want Lu-Ho to document and implement a feature that is VERY dynamic and has many different variations (and don't you DARE say maps are dynamic, they are in fact static in there structure for the most part) this is not only unfair to him/her but it's also unfair to the rest of the community because if Lu-Ho feels obligated to add a particular feature it slows development.

I am a Hacker/Programmer and I simply hate it when someone DEMANDS a feature be added with little education as to what kind of effort is involved.

Don't get me wrong asking for a feature is perfectly fine, just don't expect it to be available right away. Lu-Ho or any programmer taking on a similar task needs to have a game plan and time to think about how to approach the problem.
    I dont expect it to be available right away, I just expect it to be available (note: I mean that in the politest way possible).

I can't code yet, so a built in command editor would do me the world of good. Not just for me either, it's so "n00bs" can make quality hacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back