• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
EPIC FAIL
OMG SOMEONE ELSE SAYS IT TOO!!!!! BUT IT SHOULD BE EPIC PHAILus!!!!!!!!!

Pikachu used Thundershock!
It's Super Effective!
But it missed!
It doesn't effect Geodude...
Geodude fainted!
Pikachu is poisoned by Effect Spore!
This here just made my day. And that day has only been four and a half hours long XD.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
This here just made my day. And that day has only been four and a half hours long XD.
I made someone's day!!! OMG NO WAI!!
I must continue to rhyme. Or my life runs out of time!

Buoysel, I am not on drugs. I've just been eating leetol bugs.
There's no need to worry, guys! I want to say I like pies.

Dangit, I'm good at this thing. I should just keep on going.
That firefox picture made MY day. And it's been going long...Where's Bay?

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Awww, you people... You've ninja'd each other so eagerly you've written several pages again. In one night. And I went to sleep real late. Do you actually wait that I go offline befre you start to go nuts? :laugh:

Astinus: try Opera, then. The newest IE is starting to be usable, but otherwise they're just good for nothing. I use Opera and it works just fine. Then again, my Firefox works fine, too, so...

Xanthine: omgomgomg I'm so happy!!!!!!!!111 I luv u so much!!!!11

Dark Lakitu: HAH! I got 99/99 p from my book review! AND I'M NOT EVEN A NATIVE!!!!111 But then again, our standards might be a bit lower. Well, anyway, I only had two spelling/grammar mistakes in it and I didn't even lose points even though it was 200 words too long. Maybe my teacher didn't notice. I dunno.

I just saw literally the weirdest dream ever last night. In that dream, I somehow got teleported into some strange forest by a lake, where Astinus's younger brother found me and I found out Astinus actually lives in Belgium. And that there is a water tram line in Belgium that passes trough all the lakes, but it goes so near the summer houses built on the shores of the lakes that it kills several young children in a year by drowning them when they're swimming. Oh, and then there were some cereals and I got wet because I was swimming with my clothes on. Then this werid woman dressed me up in some weir costume because I couldn't use wet clothes. She gave me a Hello Kitty mug, too. The dream also had something about Hiroshima, but I don't want to remember that. I don't even know how it got from Belgium to Japan.

...So, who's insane, huh?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Awww, you people... You've ninja'd each other so eagerly you've written several pages again. In one night. And I went to sleep real late. Do you actually wait that I go offline befre you start to go nuts? :laugh:

Astinus: try Opera, then. The newest IE is starting to be usable, but otherwise they're just good for nothing. I use Opera and it works just fine. Then again, my Firefox works fine, too, so...

Xanthine: omgomgomg I'm so happy!!!!!!!!111 I luv u so much!!!!11

Dark Lakitu: HAH! I got 99/99 p from my book review! AND I'M NOT EVEN A NATIVE!!!!111 But then again, our standards might be a bit lower. Well, anyway, I only had two spelling/grammar mistakes in it and I didn't even lose points even though it was 200 words too long. Maybe my teacher didn't notice. I dunno.

I just saw literally the weirdest dream ever last night. In that dream, I somehow got teleported into some strange forest by a lake, where Astinus's younger brother found me and I found out Astinus actually lives in Belgium. And that there is a water tram line in Belgium that passes trough all the lakes, but it goes so near the summer houses built on the shores of the lakes that it kills several young children in a year by drowning them when they're swimming. Oh, and then there were some cereals and I got wet because I was swimming with my clothes on. Then this werid woman dressed me up in some weir costume because I couldn't use wet clothes. She gave me a Hello Kitty mug, too. The dream also had something about Hiroshima, but I don't want to remember that. I don't even know how it got from Belgium to Japan.

...So, who's insane, huh?

O.o

Insane dreams don't count. Now if you had actually did that, then yes.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I am now a zombie fresh out of my Calculus test. And confound you all for posting so frakking much while I was away.

*mumbles that he'll shoot someone with his nonexistent gun if they say they've never played the original Myst before at least*

Who hasn't played Myst? *Sees hands raise all over the place*

*pulls out thermal detonator*

Seriously though, I actually want to do a crossover fic between all major video games with the plot of Kingdom Hearts as the base. How epic would that be? I mean good lord, Final Fantasy characters+Sonic+Mario+Spyro+Crash Bandicoot+Ratchet & Clank+Snake+Donkey Kong+Master Chief+Samus+Megaman+all other good guys vs. heartless/nobody Covenant, Sephiroth, Sigma, Cortex, Dark Master, Dr. Robotnik, Ridley, and lord knows how many others. It would be a three hundred thousand page masterpiece of epic and win!

Bay

Years
You guys keep posting while I was either asleep or in classes. =O

I saw Jax and Astinus made Mystery Theater 3000. At first I thought "oh gods no, making fun of other fics," but then the rules say when you post a fic, it's your fic. I was then okay with it. ^^; I might put Destiny's Tricks in it later...now I have to go to class! =O

*goes off to my class *

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
You guys need to stop posting while I'm in school! GAH! Whatever. I'm currently being crowded by my three annoying cousins who I babysit. And a cat.

Who hasn't played Myst? *Sees hands raise all over the place*
I've played Myst. I was like seven, and I didn't make it past the second part though.

txteclipse said:
Seriously though, I actually want to do a crossover fic between all major video games with the plot of Kingdom Hearts as the base. How epic would that be? I mean good lord, Final Fantasy characters+Sonic+Mario+Spyro+Crash Bandicoot+Ratchet & Clank+Snake+Donkey Kong+Master Chief+Samus+Megaman+all other good guys vs. heartless/nobody Covenant, Sephiroth, Sigma, Cortex, Dark Master, Dr. Robotnik, Ridley, and lord knows how many others. It would be a three hundred thousand page masterpiece of epic and win!

I'd write that. I'd so totally write that. Or read it. I'd so totally read that. Oh, and you forgot some random trainer in the good guys and Giovanni in the bad guys. Giovanni is definitely the best bad guy the pokemon series has ever had, right?

txteclipse

The Last
Years
*Sees Mystery Pokémon Theater and squeals like a fangirl*

Ow...my throat...but YES! That is the most awesome thing ever! Cool points +100 all around.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
NIUUUU!!! That would be totally epic win. But you forgot Kirby. How could you forget Kirby? HOW???? HOOWWW????? 8D

What's Mystery blahaa Theatre? I don't even get it...

txteclipse

The Last
Years
NIUUUU!!! That would be totally epic win. But you forgot Kirby. How could you forget Kirby? HOW???? HOOWWW????? 8D

If I had listed every single protagonist in every single video game ever made, I would have been here for days. I tagged some catch-alls on the ends of those lists, so hypothetically I did include Kirby. ;)

What's Mystery blahaa Theatre? I don't even get it...

Youtube "mystery science theater."

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Yeah...but Kirby belongs on the awesome list. I mean, he's better than DK, or whoever. You didn't even need to list EVERY protagonist, but only some major ones. AND KIRBY IS MAJOR. VERY MAJOR!!!
KIRBY IS IMPORTANTLY SPECIAL. HE PWNS EVERYONE!!!

Anyway, MST is...very, very strange. I dunno how you guys could replicate that with Pokémon FANFICTIONS, but that's okay. I want to see now.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Ogod. If my fic weren't two chapters long, I'd submit it. XD *totally not chickening out*

My only regret is that I didn't think of this first!

And on that note, new questions:

In the PMD universe, presuming humans did at some point exist there... what exactly happened that got rid of them? And how long ago did it happen?

And...

Do multiple "Pokemon Worlds" exist in canon?

Alright, this one needs a little clarifying. What I'm looking for here is if the various mangas, anime, games, etc. are all different ways of looking at the same world, or whether each one is a world unto itself. Obviously the characters differ slightly in each one, but are the worlds the stories take place in different enough to be considered separate?

And finally...

Should ACC replace Astinus as mst3k host after the end of the next season?

I thought not. *sigh*

DGexe

Taunter
Years
In the PMD universe, presuming humans did at some point exist there... what exactly happened that got rid of them? And how long ago did it happen?

ALTHOUGH I have never played PMD, I want to give a half-assed, goofy answer.

... Yes, a catastrophic event from a bazillion eons ago wiped out the human race! You see, Dialga went Primal for a first time that no one really knows of except other super-special people... and it was the human race's fault. ONCE again, they were screwing with time (something about a "machine"), and Dialga went Primal and KEELED THEM DEAD.

BUT, in all seriousness...

For the sake of my sanity, I always treat various parts of a fictional idea seperate, overall; I keep the games, Manga, and Anime seperate from each other when I look at them; although if I make a story that isn't heavy in Pokemon-world settings, I have a habit of taking certain elements from each one (such as the shrinking 'ball I remember from the anime) and fit them in where they make some form of sense.

I guess in a way, each canon is an alternate universe of the other canons that we know of. At least, that is how I look at such things.

Bay

Years
It does in "Nothing, Everything." No, I'm serious. I"m always harking how "Nothing, Everything" is a mixture of both anime and game elements. Besides my usal, "oh, it's cause Ash and company hadn't gone far yet," my mind just suddenly thought of a story that can pull both elements together.

For my other fics though, I seperate game canon from anime and manga canon. Those medias have different ways of how the world works.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Yes, they do. They're alternate universes, some further ahead in time than others. The gameverse is one place, with the game's characters and their methods of dealing with evil teams. The animeverse is another (I mean seriously, how the heck is the Battle Frontier in Kanto?) with Ash, May and the TR trio. The mangaverse is in yet another realm. Each of them have somewhat fundamental differences in them and the way the world works in them. The lasting proof, in the end, is that the evil teams can't be defeated more than once in very similar ways. No. And some games are in different universes to other games. For example, Emerald is in an alternate universe a couple of years after Ruby and Sapphire, as the Battle Frontier is bigger, and Steven has given up Hoenn's most coveted place for rocks. Then there's the fact that gyms and championship are worked differently. In the games, the Elite Four is it. In the manga and anime, the Elite Four are just a bunch of elite trainers. The tounament is what matters in becoming champion. I could keep going on about differences in characters and people, but my pinky is starting to strain from reaching for that tiny backspace button. And that was the largest paragraph I have ever written on this forum. Even my fanfic's paragraphs can't contend. :D

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years

Well, it's canon that multiple timelines exist in that universe, at least (*fistshake at ending of R/S arc in Pokémon Special*). One might therefore suggest that the different canon versions are just manifestations of those differing timelines--there's on in which a trainer named Ash Ketchum was born and came to the lab late, there's one where Delta-Species Pokémon were created, and so on. The basic elements are the same, but events either occurred in slightly different ways or didn't occur at all or did occur where they didn't anywhere else. You might even speculate that every single game file started by people in this world would create its own timeline, seeing as things happen a little different in everyone's game.

I tend to mash canons together where they aren't totally contradictory, though. There are some things I like about anime canon, so I use those; there are some things I like better in game canon, so I overwrite the anime canon with those, and so on.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Anyway, MST is...very, very strange.

It's something to get used to. The key is don't pay attention to the actual movie. Just pay attention to the snarky comments the audience make.

I dunno how you guys could replicate that with Pokémon FANFICTIONS, but that's okay. I want to see now.

Well, without giving away too much, you could find examples of MSTs via Google. For example.

Ogod. If my fic weren't two chapters long, I'd submit it. XD *totally not chickening out*

XD No excuse! To the thread with you!

My only regret is that I didn't think of this first!

*bows*

Nuclear zombie apocalypse.

Seriously, I really don't know. Perhaps humans simply left on shiny spaceships to another planet.

Alright, this one needs a little clarifying. What I'm looking for here is if the various mangas, anime, games, etc. are all different ways of looking at the same world, or whether each one is a world unto itself.

Yes. Trust me. I've tried canon cocktailing, and characters aside, yeah, there's some oddities here and there that I've tried to jump over or really BS to get to work because the continuity don't overlap quite as nicely as I'd like. For example, "How did Team Rocket get founded?" (Because in the anime, Giovanni's mother founded it. In the games and manga, it's Giovanni himself.) "Who invented the Pokedex, and if it wasn't Westwood who wrote the entries, how much of a role does Westwood play in the Pokemon world?" "Seafoam Islands. The games say they're uninhabited, but there's a resort there in the anime. Is this the same place? If not, where is it actually?" And, um, Bill's... entire... character. (I swear, eventually, there's going to be a post where I won't be able to use him as an example. But seriously. What the crap, anime Bill? Where did you come from?)

Should ACC replace Astinus as mst3k host after the end of the next season?

Well, on the other hand, we could use a Frank.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

The Pokémon ate them. The ones who didn't get eaten got the hell out of there before they'd be eaten, too. I assume it was not that long ago, because all the Pokémon know what humans are.

Mwahahaha.

Seriously, what happened? Why is this thread so anemic? Is Astinus taking a secret leave or something? :laugh: Apperantly in order to keep this thread as vivid as it usually is, the subjects of conversation have to be completely insane, i.e. nothing that has to do with fanfiction. Or, well, almost nothing to do with fanfiction.

Oh, well. I just came up with another pointless and stupid question, but I'm going to post it anyway.
If you made yourself appear in a fic, what kind of role would the cameo-you have?

Just interested because I'm thinking of giving myself a cameo role as either a lightheaded security guard at a popular battle arena or as a cleaner fo the said facility. I would then make some lightheaded, witty comment at one of the characters, who'd yell at me...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years

I guess they could live on another part of the world, or they could just be in another parallel universe. (Just like the Pokemon are too us) *Gets wrapped in a white robe*

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Seriously, what happened? Why is this thread so anemic?

I'd say it's because I'm around because of the law of "you people keep posting while I'm gone," but the weird thing is I'm actually doing things in real life.

So, any chance I had at being egotistical here has been thrown out the window. Thanks, guys.

If you made yourself appear in a fic, what kind of role would the cameo-you have?

Stalker.

Seriously, I'm the snarky companion/random trainer/collector who seems very fond of breaking the fourth wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back