• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Synply Syntastic!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • Hey guys. Synerjee here, also known as Amanda. I'm 21 this year, Malaysian, and am currently studying my final of Psychology. I love Pokemon (obviously), Doctor Who, Ace Attorney, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, SAO, TWD, MLP, music, sports, books, animals, travelling and languages. I especially love Japan and everything about it - the people, the language, the food, the beautiful architecture.

I'll let you guys take it from here. Ask me anything and I'll answer. Please though, nothing too personal.

Last edited:

Synerjee

Years
  • Wow, finally my first question after so long xD Thanks BiS! After you get your sleep, feel free to ask me more. c:

Pokemon has been quite popular here in Malaysia since I was a kid. A lot of people know about Pokemon, but I'm not sure about how many of them actually are true fans of it.

I came across it by watching my neighbour play her Gold version on her GameBoy Color. I then got interested and borrowed her cartridge. Defeated (or almost defeated) the Elite Four with just a level 70+ Fearow and my level 50+ Feraligatr, as far as I remember. :P That marked the start and has brought me this far.

Years
  • Hey synerjee!

Favorite Pokemon? Favorite food? How did you come up with your username? What musical instruments do you play? What kind of music do you like?

It looks like we have a lot of things in common! :)

Synerjee

Years
  • Favourite Pokemon? I have quite a lot and it changes, depending on lots of factors. Among them are Cyndaquil, Pancham, Eelektross, Volcarona, Hydreigon and many more.

Favourite food? Chocolate. Ice cream. Chocolate ice cream. <3 (Cookies & cream is actually my favourite ice cream flavour, but it has chocolate in it so I guess it counts xD)

My username is a combination of my actual last name, which I am not revealing for personal reasons haha. It also sounds like the actual English word 'synergy', so it's pretty cool. x) I didn't base my username on that word though; it was purely coincidental.

I play the piano, guitar, violin and drums. Does the triangle count? xD The piano's my main musical instrument, played it since I was 4. I took classes for violin and drums, and I taught myself the guitar. c:

Synerjee

Years
  • Wow, we're one year apart! xD

I love watching Discovery Channel, National Geographic, Animal Planet, etc. :3 I find learning about our planet and its animals very entertaining and interesting. Comes from being a science student. Who knew there were so many things I didn't know about? :D
    I also like randomly watching cartoons, especially when there are classics showing such as Tom & Jerry. They never get old. Oh, and Adventure Time!! <33

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Tom & Jerry, I love that show. 20 and still loving it, haha.

If you had enough money to travel to 5 different countries, which ones would they be?

Synerjee

Years
  • Australia, Japan, the UK, U.S., NewZealandKoreaCanada etc. etc. There're so many more countries I wish to go to, but since you asked me to pick five, five it shall be. xD I have been to a few of the mentioned but I can never get enough of Australia and Japan, and I want to visit the UK and U.S. again. <3

Synerjee

Years
  • I am not Malay, but Chinese. Although I may be living in MALAYsia, it doesn't mean that I'm a Malay. Malaysia is a country that consists of three distinct races, which are Malay, Chinese and Indian, plus many other sub-races.

malaysia_people.jpg

The woman on the right is Chinese, the one in the middle is Malay, and the one on the left is Indian. Now take a look at my picture on any of the picture threads. Can you now see which race I belong to? :3

And being a Christian in Malaysia is alright. My country practices freedom of religion, but as the national religion of Malaysia is Islam, we are somewhat restricted in a sense. That doesn't stop us though! :D

Years
  • There are some really light-skinned Malay women ;D I didn't want to be ignorant/nationalist and assume you were Chinese (because I think everybody here is Chinese), and plus it'd be a little exotic hehehe. Do you know where your parents came from in China?

Synerjee

Years
  • Haha I understand xD But honestly, Malays have a very different look from Chinese. You can tell it from the shape of their facial features and other factors. I guess people who are not Malaysian have to spend a little more time with us to be able to regconise the difference, so I don't blame you. :P

My parents don't come from China but are born in Malaysia. My grandparents, though, are from China (or so I believe). I don't know where in China they come from.

Synerjee

Years
  • Have you gotten the opportunity to touch upon Abnormal Psychology? I found it to be the best part of psych, mainly because I love studying about mental disorders and the like. What's it like for you, for lack of wording it? o:

I haven't gotten to that yet, but I will soon! I'm taking this unit called Introduction to Psychology 2 this semester which gives an introduction to Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology and Developmental Psychology. I can't wait to start with Abnormal Psych! I, very much like you, am extremely interested about mental abnormalities such as anorexia, depression, just to name a few. Excited! :D

What does your psychological mindset say about me?

Well, I think you are a really cool guy. A really cool and villainous guy, and that's what makes you a very unique personality! Hahaha.

But in all seriousness, from those conversations we've previously had, you seem really nice and are very passionate about what you do (IT, martial arts, etc.). You also seem to care about those around you and that's what makes you a great person! I'm glad I got to know you as a friend and hope we'll get to catch up on stuff soon. c:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ohai~:3 I don't know why but I always thought you were a guy. I hope you forgive me for that, haha. Genders are so difficult and don't always matter online anyways. You seem really nice!

What would you consider your biggest strength?

What do you appreciate most in a friend?

Back