• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My laptop's fan is broken. I should really somehow get it fixed before I start taking classes again. The problem is I don't have warranty anymore (even though we paid for an extra year they said it wasn't applied and we never got that fixed. few months too late now). I have terrible luck with laptops as I've only had it a shy of a few months before 3 years. Well more like my laptops' fan which leads to bigger problem if you continue to try to use it when your fan is acting up/not working. Which is why I haven't touched my laptop is a month now. Kinda feel surreal now that I think about it.

Years
its not dust, i have already took an air compressor to this thing like 12 times. its so annoying that it just sucks as bad as it does >.< my psp probably has more processing power than this computer to lol

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm still running a desktop with a Pentium IV Procceser, it only has 512 Ram and a 32 Bit Graphics card. Even worse, it's a slim model, so getting upgradable parts for the thing is a nightmare (Both the Ram and the Graphics card are upgrades, originally only having 16 bit and 256 Ram).

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Having a blisteringly fast top of the range PC makes me feel so privileged sometimes.

Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core,
32GB Kingston Beast 2400MHZ
2x 2TB seagate HDD
2x 256GB 2.5" ocz vertex SSD
GeForce GTX 670 2GB GFX card
SeaSonic X Series 1250W PSU

Yalljelly.

Spoiler:

Years
I know someone who just recently spent like $6500 Australian dollars on a new machine. I don't remember all the specs, but that thing is a freaking beast.

...And it made me so jealous. X(

Then again, my own computer is still pretty decent, just got it last year or so because my old desktop just suddenly went poof (power supply issue, lol @ dell).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
At the moment I am on a 7 year old vista desktop with upgraded RAM & all that. I am currently saving up for a decent laptop, because living with my tablet isn't enough. I need an on-the-go computer. xD I'm too advanced for tablets lmao.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Which laptop would y'all recommend? Dell? Apple? Toshiba? Acer? Lenovo? Which? I'm thinking of something lightweight and moderately powerful.

Anyways, I gotta go~ My bed is calling to me. Goodnight, DCC!

Honest

Hi!
Years
Night Amanda! And I hear Apple makes really good computers.

And confession time. I don't know jack crap about my computer. :C

Years
Which laptop would y'all recommend? Dell? Apple? Toshiba? Acer? Lenovo? Which? I'm thinking of something lightweight and moderately powerful.

Anyways, I gotta go~ My bed is calling to me. Goodnight, DCC!
From personal experience, do not go with Dell. They're decent computers, but I've had so many problems with their power supplies going bad after a year or two that it's not funny. Three computers (two laptops and a desktop), all of them having power problems - the laptop I still have can't be ported around anywhere because it hasn't been able to hold a charge for years. And don't get me started on the customer service. :( Don't know how it is now but it was so bad back when I was trying to get things fixed.

My husband had a Toshiba laptop that lasted for the longest while, though. Was still working when I last used it, which was maybe a year or two ago. And he got that thing just before I got my first laptop (about 2003 or 2004), so. Those seem to be decent. I can't say much about the other brands though, having never had one.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Dell has customer service problems too. I usually get Asus and like them a lot, but this computer is an Acer and I love it too.

Years
Yeah, I've had problems with Dell, too. I'm not computer literate enough to explain, but the next computer I get is not going to be one of theirs.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I've had my eyes on a republic of gamers asus for a while now, but haven't been able to get it. Y:

Anyway, who's online?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I looooved my old Asus. Really a great company imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'll second what Sylphiel said. I have a Dell and I pretty much have to plug it in wherever I go because the battery is sooo terrible now. That and I actually had to buy a new charger for it eventually because my old one crapped out on me. And then there's also my fan but that's probably just my bad luck. While I do like my Dell laptop more than my HP one (that was one terrible but apparently their laptops were pretty bad the year I got mine) it's still not that great. Definitely not getting a Dell whenever I get a new laptop.

On the other hand, my brother's Toshiba has been going pretty strong. The only issue he had was also a battery but a simple replace of the battery and everything was all right again. He's had no other issues aside from that. Lenovos, from my experience, are also fairly well as long as you know how to take care of laptops. They're pretty durable and can last quite a few years if taken care of properly. But I suppose that goes for most anything. Anyways, for the most part aside from accidents like spilling orange juice on the keyboard and such our Lenovo's really only had internal problems after several years of use and even then it was due to viruses and not the laptop itself as much as I remember.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I usually just go on PC after work :3 so hey guys! Though I am just eating now and then I'm gonna try and install this like.. sorta.. double-glazing thing on my window.

Aah the DCC skipped! Well I have a first generation of Asus republic of gamers laptops

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I always kill chargers, Asus and Acer and phones. Idk why. :(

Crux

Evermore
Years
How are the Asus RoG laptops overall?
I've heard a lot of good things about them, but never personally owned one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
oh no don't get me started on phone chargers. I don't break them or anything but my whole family (myself included) lose them all the time so we're always 'WHERE'S A CHARGER??' and it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back