• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • I imagine the excitement about returning to the Premier League is fading now. Looks like a very long winter for your lot.

Watched Hudds vs Wendies, too early to cheer the Foristieri pen but still, a good result for us. Now all we have to do is win the rest of our games and we'll win the league.

Honestly, a little worried about how confident I'm feeling at the moment.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I watched Huddersfield vs Sheffield Wednesday until Middlesbrough vs Watford, ended up missing the Forestieri goal.

Wolves should've beaten Villa yesterday with the way the 2nd half played out, but I suppose 1 point is okay. I'd take 1 point against Brighton on Tuesday too, they won't be dropping many points at home this season.

Years
  • I imagine the excitement about returning to the Premier League is fading now. Looks like a very long winter for your lot.

Watched Hudds vs Wendies, too early to cheer the Foristieri pen but still, a good result for us. Now all we have to do is win the rest of our games and we'll win the league.

Honestly, a little worried about how confident I'm feeling at the moment.

Our run of games coming up is pretty rough as well. I just hope if the time comes that we're not reluctant to sack Karanka because he really hasn't learned anything recently, every team around us will be pulling the trigger.

I genuinely think you & Newcastle will start running away with it soonish. There's been a few closely contested promotion races in recent seasons, but there finally seems to be a gulf in quality between some of the top teams this year.

Years
  • Super nervous about the game against Liverpool tomorrow night, I honestly think this is the best side they've had in a while :/

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Anyone know what the hell is going on with Villa? One of my best pals is a Villain and I really have to feel for him. I watched them play Wolves last night and they were so, so poor - not even one shot in the entire second half, and they were at home! They bought really well in the summer and their squad is easily good enough for a play-off placement, if not an automatic promotion spot. I thought Di Matteo would be a very poor appointment but beyond that I can't see how its gone so badly! I think Bruce will stable things up and they'll get promoted next season though.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Never seen so much hype over a game in my entire life. Sky were literally talking about it all day and even did a countdown towards kick-off, not to mention the 'Red Monday' title they gave the match. A 0-0 finish was more than a little disappointing.

Years
  • Good result for the Boro, but still no answer to the question of where the goals are going to come from. A good result against Bournemouth next week is vital before a tough run of games.

Anyone know what the hell is going on with Villa? One of my best pals is a Villain and I really have to feel for him. I watched them play Wolves last night and they were so, so poor - not even one shot in the entire second half, and they were at home! They bought really well in the summer and their squad is easily good enough for a play-off placement, if not an automatic promotion spot. I thought Di Matteo would be a very poor appointment but beyond that I can't see how its gone so badly! I think Bruce will stable things up and they'll get promoted next season though.

It seems to happen to a lot of teams that go down to the Championship. To be honest, I think they have a poor mix of players who are unmotivated and players who are crap. Kodjia should've been a good signing, but outside of that I'm not sure if they've done too well. Adomah certainly won't be getting them promoted.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • It seems to happen to a lot of teams that go down to the Championship. To be honest, I think they have a poor mix of players who are unmotivated and players who are crap. Kodjia should've been a good signing, but outside of that I'm not sure if they've done too well. Adomah certainly won't be getting them promoted.

I don't that's overly fair on their summer busniness. McCormack, Chester, Jedinak, Elphick and De Laet are all good, if not great, signings for the Championship. Add Ayew to the mix and they undoubtedly have the best player in the entire division. Players like Gestede etc. are back at the level where they performed very well too so I think they are definitely underperforming.

Years
  • I don't that's overly fair on their summer busniness. McCormack, Chester, Jedinak, Elphick and De Laet are all good, if not great, signings for the Championship. Add Ayew to the mix and they undoubtedly have the best player in the entire division. Players like Gestede etc. are back at the level where they performed very well too so I think they are definitely underperforming.

Well my assessment of the motivation / crap was more targeted towards the players they came down with. I suppose they have recruited reasonably well, though I think I'd exclude De Laet from that list as he isn't particularly impressive in any way. A derby win against Birmingham could go a long way to reversing their fortunes.

Years
  • I know you're talking about mostly Premier League here but I want to say something "off-topic".
    I'm really disappointment of the situation here, in Greece.
    So many fixed games and so many bad referees. It's disgusting, every year the same team get the first place and/or the cup like that. Man I can't enjoy football here because of this. I don't know what to do now...

Years
  • I know you're talking about mostly Premier League here but I want to say something "off-topic".
    I'm really disappointment of the situation here, in Greece.
    So many fixed games and so many bad referees. It's disgusting, every year the same team get the first place and/or the cup like that. Man I can't enjoy football here because of this. I don't know what to do now...

To be honest over the course of this thread, we have probably talked about the Championship more often than the Premier league, but obviously any football discussion is fine. I wasn't aware there even was corruption issues in Greek football to be honest, but you have me researching them now.

I suppose if your own football system no longer works then its time to watch one of the major leagues.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Paul Lambert says he wants to be the next Wolves manager. I think we'd do well with him in charge as he has Championship experience, and he did well at Norwich and Blackburn. Wolves fans on twitter are moaning simply because he didn't do well at Aston Villa, but then again nobody has in recent years.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Lambert would probably do quite well. Wolves is seemingly a good job, they're right near the bottom so it would look remarkable to get to the playoffs but they're only 7 points away from sixth. There would probably be some considerable January investment for any manager.

Boro play Bournemouth today, it might be our only winnable game for a few weeks, but I still get the feeling we will draw.

Three goals in his last two for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Is this the year of the Ox?​

I'm going to assume these were against Reading and Ludogorets? If so, perhaps its a bit early to draw any conclusions.

Thanks for the fantasy league tip, I have Iwobi and he'll probably be replaced by Ox if this is the case.

%

percent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    don't know who everyone supports here but my club's just made me the happiest i have been in a fair while

brighton 5 - 0 norwich

cop that one alex pritchard

Back