• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    Ouch. Maybe my prediction of Newcastle & Norwich running away with the league was a bit hasty. I wonder how many poor predictions I've managed to make across these 120 pages of posts. The goal differences of some of the current playoff teams are remarkable - -1, 2, -1, 6.

Good win for the Boro and we really did just look better in all areas than Bournemouth today which bodes well.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
    Did anyone see Ozil's goal the other night against Ludogorets? It was an absolute thing of beauty! Sorry for the poor quality video but I just wanted to share it with you guys!

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Southampton v Inter Milan about to kick off. 6 years ago Inter won the league, cup and Champions League treble while Southampton were in League One. Incredible rise for the Saints, hope they can win tonight to avenge last week where they dominated the game but Inter snuck a 1-0.

Also, anyone seen Moussa Sow's goal for Fenerbache against Man Utd tonight? Phwoar!

Years
    Massive match for us today. Need a reaction or I think it'll be getting very awkward for Neil, especially after the owners backed him in an interview that was released earlier on *sound of trapdoor being oiled*. Although with a new CEO this really isn't surprising.

Will be an interesting lineup. Could certainly see Ruddy coming back in (finally) and perhaps even Naismith or a youngster or two, Thompson for Tettey perhaps. Leeds are decent at the moment so this will be tough.

Edit - Well then!

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Standard media crap after Southampton beat Arsenal last night. All about how Arsenal were poor rather than how good Saints were. If they took 10 seconds to do some research, they'd see that Southampton played a weakened side as well.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Standard media crap after Southampton beat Arsenal last night. All about how Arsenal were poor rather than how good Saints were. If they took 10 seconds to do some research, they'd see that Southampton played a weakened side as well.
    8 changes and have played the most players in the competition so far (25), little old Southampton aren't allowed to be good though.

Years
    Very good result for Norwich. Just what Neil needed.

Good result for us on Monday, but quite a boring match indeed. Hull are a poor team and I'll be very surprised if they don't go down.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Hull are a poor team and I'll be very surprised if they don't go down.

Indeed.

Hull, Burnley and Sunderland are the three I think will go down this season. Shame really, Sunderland had been putting in some decent performances of late, only to undo all of their hard work at the weekend by not showing up against Swansea (who in turn leapfrogged them in the table). Next up is Chelsea at the SoL, which could very easily get very messy :(

Last edited:
    Years
    Indeed.

Norwich, Burnley and Sunderland are the three I think will go down this season. Shame really, Sunderland had been putting in some decent performances of late, only to undo all of their hard work at the weekend by not showing up against Swansea (who in turn leapfrogged them in the table). Next up is Chelsea at the SoL, which could very easily get very messy :(
    That'll take some work. :P

I don't think I'll predict anyone to go down because everyone who looks hopeless suddenly turns around and wins now. I think we (Boro) might be in trouble in the end because whilst we look stable so far, I don't see us ever going on a run of wins like the teams around us have done. I can see us getting to a point were we've looked relatively safe all season only to lose a few on the bounce going into the last few games and then Karanka drags us down because he has no way how to deal with it.

I'm only sure Hull will go down due to their paper thin squad and they've already had their little run of form.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years

I don't think I'll predict anyone to go down because everyone who looks hopeless suddenly turns around and wins now. I think we (Boro) might be in trouble in the end because whilst we look stable so far, I don't see us ever going on a run of wins like the teams around us have done. I can see us getting to a point were we've looked relatively safe all season only to lose a few on the bounce going into the last few games and then Karanka drags us down because he has no way how to deal with it.

I'm only sure Hull will go down due to their paper thin squad and they've already had their little run of form.

D'oh, I meant to say Hull. Apologies, Norwich City fans!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

one of the worst games of football i've ever been to on thursday then followed up with an equally dire game on sunday, at least that one had a boufal piece of magic to liven it up

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
    Internacional have been relegated for the first time. As a big Gremio fan, i am laughing and partying until the year they return to the top flight.

Oh, Champions League draws. Both of my favorite European teams of all time go face to face for the fourth time. Leicester has no chance against Sevilla after being destroyed by such a bad team.

Years
    one of the worst games of football i've ever been to on thursday then followed up with an equally dire game on sunday, at least that one had a boufal piece of magic to liven it up

Sunday was just terrible, both sides are pretty uncreative, but Puel found a way to lift you above us after half time. We were just awful and our second half performance was very worrying. I think Boufal will end up being a good recruit for you guys.

Dunno about that. we could certainly go down on recent form.

Please enjoy Villa battering us on Sky Sports tonight.

Good result for your lot there then.

Internacional have been relegated for the first time. As a big Gremio fan, i am laughing and partying until the year they return to the top flight.

Oh, Champions League draws. Both of my favorite European teams of all time go face to face for the fourth time. Leicester has no chance against Sevilla after being destroyed by such a bad team.
    I was reading about this the other day and someone said that the Brazil football system only implemented relegation in 1999, if that's the case then I'm surprised any of the teams are proud of never being relegated.

Leicester are a puzzling team this year, but it was their awful second string that got smashed by Porto, for that reason I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
    The S?rie B was created in 1971, but i'm not 100% sure relegation was implemented in that same year.

Leicester have had their moments like the 4-2 against City, but i doubt that'll happen to them again anytime soon.

Also, disappointing defeat at Goodison Park today for us. I can tell we're finishing 4th again. Standard Arsenal, finish 4th and lose on the R16 of the UCL.

Gremio have gotten a huge boost of cash, and i'm pretty sure they'll use it for good this time. Back when we hired Miller Bola?os, we were like "oh my god this guy will destroy everything holy crap". He was never in any real big game for us. I mean he did score a goal in the 2nd leg of the Copa do Brasil final, putting us 4-1 on aggregate. It feels good to win a trophy after 15 years.

Years
    I also found it interesting that Internacional employed a manager that they had previously employed twice before and he was involved in the relegation. It seems like he has had a lot of jobs over the past thirty years.

It looks like Arsenal might complete the cycle once again by selling Ozil and Sanchez.

Back