• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
    Internacional has been with 5 managers throughout the year:

Argel Fuchs (61 games), Paulo Roberto Falc?o (5 games), Celso Roth (22 games), Lisca (3 games).

They have already sacked Lisca and have hired Antonio Carlos Zago as their new coach. I just think switching managers rapidly just doesn't make the team work right, i think the team overall just loses balance.

What would Arsenal be without these two? I wonder what Wenger would buy as their replacements if he actually did sell them.

Years
    So my team. PAOK is playing with Schalke in the Europa league.
    Interesting games. I believe we can go through the next round this time!

Years
    I think Celso Roth was the one I was referring to.

To be fair, Wenger seems to always fix any holes left by big players departing. It just prevents Arsenal from ever being the dominant team in England.

I was going to say predicting that about PAOK was optimistic, but it looks like Schalke are having a bad season in the Bundesliga so perhaps it is possible.

Years
    On the topic of interesting ownership, I can't believe Brum replaced Rowett with Zola. I'm no fan of Delia and co but stuff like that does make you appreciate the stability here somewhat.

The last time I was this surprised by a manager being sacked was possibly when Southampton sacked Adkins, but that actually worked out well. In this case, it seems like a disaster. Zola has no managerial achievements (plus getting sacked by a Qatari side is a fairly huge blemish) and Rowett had a poor squad quite high in the table. Luckily they're quite safe this season, but Zola could easily get them in a relegation fight if he's still in charge next time around.

I'm always thankful for Steve Gibson, I don't think we could have a much better owner.

Years
    Might want to add Swansea to the list of confirmed goners. Letting us score 3 is just remarkably poor, but really they were awful at both ends and I feel sorry for Sigurdsson and Llorente for having to play with the rest of their team.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    feel really bad for sigurdsson as well, top player with a bunch of tosh and a garbage tier manager

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    lolol any of you guys use Bleacher Report? I was on it earlier and reading the articles in the Brown's Section, and there was an ad for $7 tickets for Browns games.

That being said, what do you guys think will happen with their upcoming game with the Chargers?

IMO The Chargers might be their only shot to squeak out a win to avoid the second winless record in history, as the bolts themselves are in bad shape with a losing record in a failed season, and probably the weakest team that the Browns have faced.

While I do think that their offense might be able to get some momentum going, but I think Philip Rivers has played enough years in the league to not fall to a defense like the Browns currently have, which I do believe I may have read a history stat regarding the fact that their points allowed this year is the highest only behind a Browns team from the past.

So do you guys think the Browns have any shot of avoiding an 0-16 record?

Personally I don't want them to win, an 0-16 in 2016 is just too perfect :b

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Popping in to say that having Zlatan on your squad should be considered cheating. Seriously, the man's 35 years old and yet still plays on such a high level. Still one of the best strikers in the world.

Years
    Honestly think United can get top four atm, we just need to beat the next couple of big teams we face and we'll be in with a good chance come the end of the season.

Years
    Post Bowkett/McNally Norwich are going tits up even faster than expected. Whole situation is depressingly predictable. With Smith in charge we we aren't going up any time soon (Well, maybe from league 1).

A day later and the club have refused to do an interview with the local press and instead released an in house one where Moxey got to write his own questions. Going by the response the propaganda has deservedly failed miserably.

Next few months here will go like this;

>poor results continue
    >high earners shipped out
    >championship journeyman signed
    >Neil sacked mid January
    >new manager named with no time to improve squad
    >results improve and we finish just inside the top half

Hopefully we can stabilise and start making use of some of this youth talent we've been hoarding but not really playing. I've given up hope of promoting any time soon. It's been a fun 10 years or so.

Years
    I hadn't been keeping track of the Championship (its nice to be able to say that), but wow you guys have shot down the table since I last checked. All it takes is half a year of mismanagement to get you stuck down there for a while.

United are looking very handy indeed at the moment. They really need to title challenge next year though.

Years
    It definitely seems as if Balls shouldn't be involved in running the club at all. Taking a payment for such poor service seems beyond reasonable though.

Meanwhile another mistake of Swansea might give us a big help in staying up. Paul Clement seems like a terrible choice, at best you could regard it as 'preparing for the Championship'.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
    So i was gonna comment on how cool Boro is for beating Man U on the Old Trafford, but they lost. So screw that.

We hope to start the new year with a bang. I'm pretty sure a 4-0 against Crystal Palace isn't much to ask.

On other stuff, i am hoping that Gremio hires someone competent. I personally hope for Miguel Borja to sign, even though that won't happen because we probably don't have the money to sign a player who's been crowned the "King of America".

Back