• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Anticipated Games 2013

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Animal Crossing: New Leaf above all... probably my all-time favorite franchise and I'm for once sure it will be worth the nearly three year wait.
Pikmin 3
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (though I don't have many expectations.)
Woodcutter Simulator 2013
Touhou 13.5
Possibly a Wii U/3DS Smash Bros. announcement... please Nintendo?
And of course, Pokemon X and Y

razzbat

dancer
Years
in no specific order:
Beyond: two souls (still have yet to play heavy rain but this is looking more my kind of thing with supernatural forces)
Castlevania lords of shadow 2 (hnnng! absolutely loved the first game, and so far this is looking like its going to live up to its predecessor)
Castlevania lords of shadow Mirror of Fate (its been awhile since the last 2d castlevania game, should be awesome)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 (if they have a western release)
injustice (currently the only fighting game that looks interesting this year)
bioshock infinite (I'm not a huge fan of fps games but this looks absolutely mind blowing)
tomb raider (3d open world game similar to metroidvania with uncharted style dynamic scenes? hells to the yeah!)
pikmin 3 (still have yet to get a wii u though...)
The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa (...well thats probably the longest title i've ever seen to a game. anyway it's a sequel to the cult rpg indie game Barkley shut up and jam gaiden which I loved and am really looking forward to see how the story leads into this game)
and of course pokemon xy, in which i am loving everything about it so far :D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I can't think of much. Pokemon X and Y. I'll probably get SC2: HotS for the campaign; I liked what they did with WoL's campaign even if I didn't like the multiplayer and the story pissed me off in a few places. GTA V might be cool, we'll see.

The DmC reboot pisses me off because it seems to imply there won't ever be another game in the old style. Crapcom can go die in a fire if that's the case.

Update: the new Monolith game and the SMT/FE crossover game look neat. So does the Yoshi yarn game.

Last edited:
Years
Company of Heroes 2 is a game I have been looking at for a while, another THQ game that looks promising. Also, Metro: Last Light. Metro 2033 was one of the best games I have ever played. And a sequel? I couldn't ask for much more.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
BACK TO ADD MORE. Obviously Pokemon X and Y. And now Yoshi Wii U omg. ;-; I love Yoshi so this game is enough to pull me over into wanting a Wii U asap. -sob- I'll probably have to wait for my birthday or Christmas, but oh well. I'm used to waiting a long time for new consoles. Got my Wii at the dawn of 2009, I believe. Or was it 2010? Ah well. Point is I waited a long time and have no qualms about doing it again.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Hm, I have a couple...
-Pokemon X Y
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Pikmin 3
-What I'm going to call Persona 5
-Animal Crossing: NL
-We need another Metriod game, Nintendo
-Tales of Xillia

...I have a couple of others, like GTA V, but this will have to do.
Man, 2013's going to be a fun year.

Years
Yes, my mind of anticipation was pleasantly awakened by the announcement of Yoshi's Epic Yarn (YOSHI YES!) and Wind Waker. 2013 is beautiful.

Years
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Dragon Quest VII 3DS (come on Square/Nintendo, you know you want to localize it)
-Kingdom Hearts: HD 1.5 ReMIX
-Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
-Tales of Xillia
-Shin Megami Tensei IV (assuming it gets over here this year)
-Pokemon X and Y
-Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
-Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
-Elder Scrolls Online, although the combination of my computer likely not being able to run it and the high probability of it being pay to play means I wont actually be playing it >_>
-Dragon Age III, assuming it actually happens this year

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
GameStop and Amazon ran out of pre-orders for Fire Emblem. So... I think that counts as anticipated. Never heard of this happening before.

I bought mine an Amazon today... so my copy might be delayed untill the next batch of games comes in.

I'm not comfortable with buying Retail Games on Virtual Console yet.

Also, Luigi's Masion: Dark Moon. Monster Hunter Ultimate 3DS are on my list.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Luigi's Mansion 2, and Windwaker HD. I guess if Super Mario U does come out this year I'm hyped for that as well and hopefuly Zelda 3DS as well. Nintendo's going to be on fire this year.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Gahhhh, I can't wait for Pikmin 3 for the Wii U! I think it's coming out this year actually (2013).

Pikmin_3_Logo.png

Zet

Years
Ni no Kuni: White Witch seems like a most anticipated game for 2013. Ever since the collector's edition sold out, people are re-selling them for $300+.

As for me, hopefully Witcher 3, JJBA: All Star Battle Royale, and Killer is Dead.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'm looking forward to Grand Theft Auto V and Gears of War:Judgement the most. I've played San Andreas and IV and I really enjoy the series and I recently got into Gears of War so once I finish the first three games I'll get Judgement.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The new Xenogame and the ShinMegaTen X Fire Emblem games really caught my attention, and hopefully the next Ace Attorney game will be out this year.

Oh, and then there's Monster Hunter 4, which I'm definitely excited for, as well as Soul Hackers and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Those are just off of the top of my head.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Ni no Kuni came out last week so now it's a matter of getting the cash to buy it!

The only other games coming out later this year that I'm really excited for are The Last of Us, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Pokemon X and Y.

Years
Been anticipating GTA V since it was first announced (as I said earlier in the thread), so I'm pretty bummed that it won't be released until mid-September now. And with the only other two releases that I care about (Pokemon X/Y and NHL) not slated to come out until October, hopefully something else wows me before then, or I'll be sitting here waiting for quite a while.

Back