• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remove a Type

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • If you could remove a Pokemon type or two, which ones would you remove, and why?

I'd, tbh, combine the Rock & Ground types into one solid "Earth" type, since, honestly? Apart from some different weaknesses and strengths to one another, Rock and Ground are way too similar. Grass can stay separate, though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Purely out of bias I'd remove Fighting. I don't like the designs for a lot of primary/mono Fighting types and really don't like how strong a typing it is.

Years
  • I never really saw a purpose in the Ground types and what differentiated it from Rock. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of really cool Ground types out there, but if Game Freak all of a sudden flipped a switch, obliterated the type itself and combined it with Rock to form a new type altogether but with roughly the same weaknesses/strengths, I don't think many people are going to bat an eye.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • normal can go. tbh i think they just use that type to fit in all the boring Pokemon they cant think of a proper type for. Flying mons could be pure flying.

Years
  • I guess Fairy since its the newest one and I'm not to crazy about it. Removing the type hopefully doesn't mean removing the Pokemon since even though I'm not to fond of most fairy types I do like some of them a lot (Clefary line, Marill line, Togekiss, Florges, Tapu Koko/Bulu and Alolan Ninetales).

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • My opinion is also the same as some people who have already replied: Rock and Ground are very similiar and I wouldn't mind a mix of both to become a new type. The rest of them can stay as they are :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • rock and ground are redundant and could just be merged into one honestly

bunny24680

Keep Catching, Keep Battling - It's a Pokemon Life
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2021
    I think there is no sense to have Fighting as a type. I think Normal and Fighting Types can be merged together. Other than this, I don't understand Fairy, Dragon And Bug Types - They signify what kind of beast the Pokemon is instead of what element or power it represents. I think Fairy should be replaced with 'Holy' to contradict with Dark Type.

pkmin3033

Fairy, it was shoehorned in far too late, a lot of Pokemon that should be Fairy types aren't and a lot that should not be Fairy types are for some reason, and honestly they've never really done much with it that was worthwhile. It seems like it was introduced solely to quell the whining in the competitive scene about Dragons being overpowered, and it isn't really beneficial to the games to have a Fairy type beyond that.

Years
  • idk if I'd outright remove any but using a lot of the ground types would be much nicer if I didn't have to worry about their several quad weaknesses....so combine rock and ground into one, lol

Years
  • I think rock should be removed it's pretty stupid and just like ground pokemon as an example like Golem it just added more weaknesses to Golem and I don't think it got any type resistances.

Years
    • Online now
    Normal is dumb. Pokemon are not normal. Convert most pokemon/moves to fighting and convert some moves like sing to psychic (it basically is that in the anime). The power moves like explosion, hyper beam and tri attack to steel- they are technological derived attacks. Make ghost immune to poison. Does Steel need an immunity?

Back