• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I did? o.O I haven't counted the votes myself yet ^^' Waiting for Dia to announce.

Thanks everyone who voted :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey guys, I'm not sure everyone remembers me? I was more active in March and kind of fizzled out over April as my RPs and the ones I was in all died. Anyways, I've been lurking around, quite inactive. I do have something to say;

Well, the deal is that i've been rather unmotivated to join any roleplays lately (i mean i reserved a spot this morning but ive been inactive for maybe a month. The thing is, i'm rather picky when choosing rps. I read them like an employer reads resumes; quickly and judgingly. I have all these rules lined up when i go searching through the pages, like i dont even bother reading threads that have more than 3 pages in the IC thread, if its started already, that puts me off too, the thread itself has to be interesting to look at otherwise my eyes get sore, pmd and the generic starting with a new pokemon! journey threads are just doomed for failure/deadness due to lack of storyline so i dont even glance at those and last but not least, it has to be interesting with a proper storyline.

Well, i was looking through this morning and i found only one that tickled my fancy. its not really that much of a problem but i was hoping to find more than one. (i am on my phone so everything is kind of restricted so i should look again later)

What im trying to say is... Does anyone have an interesting roleplay thats not too far starting that i can join? Thats interesting? IM DESPERATE.

Thats... Thats all.

EDIT oh god my grammar is terrible in this, no one would even bother wanting me in their thread. Please excuse my rubbishness but im on my phone.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Hey guys, I'm not sure everyone remembers me? I was more active in March and kind of fizzled out over April as my RPs and the ones I was in all died. Anyways, I've been lurking around, quite inactive. I do have something to say;

Well, the deal is that i've been rather unmotivated to join any roleplays lately (i mean i reserved a spot this morning but ive been inactive for maybe a month. The thing is, i'm rather picky when choosing rps. I read them like an employer reads resumes; quickly and judgingly. I have all these rules lined up when i go searching through the pages, like i dont even bother reading threads that have more than 3 pages in the IC thread, if its started already, that puts me off too, the thread itself has to be interesting to look at otherwise my eyes get sore, pmd and the generic starting with a new pokemon! journey threads are just doomed for failure/deadness due to lack of storyline so i dont even glance at those and last but not least, it has to be interesting with a proper storyline.

Well, i was looking through this morning and i found only one that tickled my fancy. its not really that much of a problem but i was hoping to find more than one. (i am on my phone so everything is kind of restricted so i should look again later)

What im trying to say is... Does anyone have an interesting roleplay thats not too far starting that i can join? Thats interesting? IM DESPARATE.

Thats... Thats all.

Hey, Skymin! I've been wondering what happened to you :3
I would say that mine is interesting and not too far started, but it might be dead...plus, it probably doesn't fit your 'rules' ;P

I think any RP I make is doomed to die anyway...

pmd and the generic starting with a new pokemon! journey threads are just doomed for failure/deadness due to lack of storyline so i dont even glance at those

...and of course both RPs i've been thinking up are PMD and Journey RPs...
I think i'm going to start thinking up another RP, one that's not too complicated but still...uh, good? Now ima gone and confuzzled meself.

Perhaps I could make a...Yu-Gi-Oh RP? I kinda want to do that, though i'm not sure how it would work...and if I were to make a plot for it, I guess i'd have to rip it out from Worlds Collide, since I have a feeling it won't make it past Pokemon, much less Yu-Gi-Oh.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Thanks Lucario. =D

I got kicked out of my spot has best RPer to the person I nominated, so that's awesome. =D

Skymin! Of course I remember you! =D Mine is a journey...but it actually has a plot...ish. Not sure what it is yet, but it's there! XD

Years
Are you talking about mines? Or do you have an RP I'm not aware of XD.

But...Guardians isn't a journey. It's like...PMD...but with alternate elements. I made it at like 1 AM while eating sugar, all I know is I thought of Aura, and how weird it was Gamefreak didn't elaborate on it...so I decided to make an RP about it.

We just started, and you can join if interested. If not, that's okay too!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, could somebody join My RP?: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=251160
It's kinda discouraging that no one's signing up...
Maybe people don't know enough about that Mario world to dare to play it? I for one don't.

And about what Skymin said, I just want to point out that there are a lot of people who like to play in PMD and journey RPs, even if it's just to get a whiff of nostalgia, or if you're a new player and don't dare to jump into RPs with more complicated plots. So don't be afraid to make them, people. But Skymin has got a point, about the lack of real story in them. You should have some kind of background plot to unfold, and not just make up a setting with a journey in it. People can loose interest rather quickly if events aren't happening
/looks at Begin, Again :,(

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Hey, Skymin! I've been wondering what happened to you :3
I would say that mine is interesting and not too far started, but it might be dead...plus, it probably doesn't fit your 'rules' ;P

I think any RP I make is doomed to die anyway...

...and of course both RPs i've been thinking up are PMD and Journey RPs...
I think i'm going to start thinking up another RP, one that's not too complicated but still...uh, good? Now ima gone and confuzzled meself.

Perhaps I could make a...Yu-Gi-Oh RP? I kinda want to do that, though i'm not sure how it would work...and if I were to make a plot for it, I guess i'd have to rip it out from Worlds Collide, since I have a feeling it won't make it past Pokemon, much less Yu-Gi-Oh.

Yay! People remember me!

Haha yeah. Kinda sucks. Its just with journey ones, you have to go... Fight gym leaders? It doesnt encourage interaction between players and people might as well be writing their own fanfiction each! It's why i dont join roleplay boards. Not only have i not found a ok one but they just dont give enough oppourtunities to interact! Plus storyline gets all jumbled in the process. Not fun.

Yugioh woukd be fun if i knew anything about it. d:

All three... I think? of mine have died but at least i tried my best to keep with storyline.

Skymin! Of course I remember you! =D Mine is a journey...but it actually has a plot...ish. Not sure what it is yet, but it's there! XD

Spontaneous plotting? Fun D:

But...Guardians isn't a journey. It's like...PMD...but with alternate elements. I made it at like 1 AM while eating sugar, all I know is I thought of Aura, and how weird it was Gamefreak didn't elaborate on it...so I decided to make an RP about it.

We just started, and you can join if interested. If not, that's okay too!
i think i read that one... Maybe? Is that the one about the people having one type and ... Powermon? Or was that different hahaha.

Years
Yeah, Powermon or Powerful Monsters, as apposed to Pokemon. Personally I find the first fits the RP better, since it's taking place in an alternate universe where everything's different.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Well, could somebody join My RP?: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=251160
It's kinda discouraging that no one's signing up...
yeah see, its good and all to have crossovers but yeah, i've never been a mario person and i dont think i could ever, ever, ever handle a G rated RP. I'm far too sadistic for that. d:

And about what Skymin said, I just want to point out that there are a lot of people who like to play in PMD and journey RPs, even if it's just to get a whiff of nostalgia, or if you're a new player and don't dare to jump into RPs with more complicated plots. So don't be afraid to make them, people. But Skymin has got a point, about the lack of real story in them. You should have some kind of background plot to unfold, and not just make up a setting with a journey in it. People can loose interest rather quickly if events aren't happening
/looks at Begin, Again :,(
my fabulous misfits one was going great after i introduced the first plot point, but then people started to become inactive, people broke A LOT OF PC RULES (oh goddd) and as i tried to introduce a second plot point and bring EVERYONE back together, it just died. sucks, i had tonnes planned for it. i was asked by a few people to revive it but... you know, its not the same as fresh starting blah blah you know what i mean

Yeah, Powermon or Powerful Monsters, as apposed to Pokemon. Personally I find the first fits the RP better, since it's taking place in an alternate universe where everything's different.
i think i did look at that but as soon as i saw " kanto/johto/hoenn etc guild", i figured it was too large scale for me. it would be hard to group all of your members together for interaction and i really hate roleplaying with myself. im sorry D:

i've been in the process of writing a new RP. actually, its pretty much all written out, i just have to finesse the plot from getting from the start to the epic, hopefully reachable end.
its about pokemon possessing humans and making love children if thats a spoiler for anyone interested. BECAUSE MY ROLEPLAYS ARE ALWAYS INTERESTING.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years

What im trying to say is... Does anyone have an interesting roleplay thats not too far starting that i can join? Thats interesting? IM DESPERATE.

Thats... Thats all.

EDIT oh god my grammar is terrible in this, no one would even bother wanting me in their thread. Please excuse my rubbishness but im on my phone.

I have a new one you can check out if you want :3

Also The Uprising's picked up a bit ^^

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
i've been in the process of writing a new RP. actually, its pretty much all written out, i just have to finesse the plot from getting from the start to the epic, hopefully reachable end.
its about pokemon possessing humans and making love children if thats a spoiler for anyone interested. BECAUSE MY ROLEPLAYS ARE ALWAYS INTERESTING.

Woh,woh,woh, Hold Up, Hold Up. Pokemon having love children with humans. I'm confused.

SideNote: We both have Blue Exorcist avatars.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I have a new one you can check out if you want :3

Also The Uprising's picked up a bit ^^
SURE THROW ME A LINK.

Yeah, I've seen (im still subscribed) d: im afraid picking up from ashi and alastor and josh would be too much for me though. and my number one associator, sweet dreams, is currently schooling so that would be difficult. ):

Woh,woh,woh, Hold Up, Hold Up. Pokemon having love children with humans. I'm confused.

SideNote: We both have Blue Exorcist avatars.
yeah man. you read right. it will be amazing.

YES I KNOW I SAW AND I WAS LIKE AAAHHH DFLKMSDKFNSD one of my characters is shamefully based off rin. SHAMEFULLY.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
hahaha, I didn't recently loosely base a character on Rin... So...

But how would that pokemon love child deal work?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
But how would that pokemon love child deal work?

You know [Insert extreme rape face here]

But, um, whatever do you mean by pokemon/human love child, Skymin? X3 How would this be implimented in the story(though if you told me, that would probably be the entire plot)?

Pokemon/Human
Love Child
The RP of Love <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back